[VerySoft] Sea Qi - Permaban

Moderator: Game Admins

[VerySoft] Sea Qi - Permaban

Postby gbseekey » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:12 am

Byond account and character name: Sea Qi – Meryl Summers
Discord ID (if applicable): CKey#3159
Banning admin:VerySoft
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permanant Server/Discord Ban.
Ban reason given: Low RP floor painting griff. Was creating a “german windmill”, wrote “hop condom, doesn't seem to be here to play seriously.
Ban length: Permanant
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 2022-02-14 @ 3:30 AM
Your side of the story:

The round begins, it's 3 AM on a new station, Stellar Delight. I, Meryl Summers, am confused and lost in the great halls of a new map. What better way to explore than to label every door in the station 'cringe'. The problem is the labeler sprite looks exactly like the paintgun, a new toy I have yet to encounter and figure out it can make pink stripes- a perfect opportunity.

Here was the plan: I tried to paint the department lines PINK but my incompetence was only able to make garish massive tile-wide stripes. I gave up and decided I would play pink panther with the janitor and security. Surely, seeing the long lines of pink paint on the corner walls would lead them directly to me and initiate an arrest or game of cat and mouse, as is tradition. Unfortunately I do not think a janitor nor security was on/paying attention as I painted nearly an entire floor and two forms of aggressive graffiti before trying to turn myself in, a cry for attention. Then, I was banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

And here's where I'm in the dark. Was I banned on assumption of greytiding? Was I banned because people don't like the character? Are there other incidents I'm unaware of and this is the last straw? No bwoinks, no previous record (beyond everything else I've ever done), no information to go off of. I attempted to contact Soft and other admins but no dice there so I have no idea if there's outstanding issues since the 2 years I've been gone but given I wasn't hiding my identity, using the same phonetic c-key structure and the ban reasons above do not include any form of evasion I'll assume this is all I need to address.

The accusation here is low RP. I do not always tell my story through long emotes but also action, that is the best part of SS13. The mechanics it has for storytelling are rapid and effective. I play an idiot, a moron, perhaps not the most likable choice by all but certainly nothing unreasonable. They are competent in a key few areas and fail in many others but continue to learn and grow with each round. I didn't want to play director, it's fun being principle skinner but I didn't want to kick a dead horse. This time I would be bart.

So, what does an idiot do with a paint gun? In my initial thought I said; "Well I can't paint a swastika because that's too on the nose, it wouldn't be funny." So the compromise; What would an idiot do? FAIL to paint a swastika. I drew the swasderga, a mangled delimbed rune left on bathroom stalls by the moronic and uneducated and promptly yelled at cargo in hopes of making them chuckle; "FUCK I SCREWED UP MY WINDMILL!" This, is the most in character thing I could do. It would surely lead to my detainment and the entertainment of others. Then when I found out I couldn't make letters I picked up a crayon and wrote the first thing that came to mind; HOP CONDOM before bringing the HOP and friends over to show them my handiwork.

My complex storytelling merely failed to land the mark. Rather than an IC punishment, I have been righteously smited by one of the many space gods.

Post note- HoP condom as a metajoke, I know that real slurs and such stuff are not allowed but people use 'robust' in character and I was called a 'power gamer' in character and assured it was earth slang. So I'm genuinely lost on the lore here. Is this an SS13 server with metajokes or a cyberpunk setting using the SS13 mechanics? Can I call people condoms?

I'll admit both this and the windmill were risky but I believe their INTENT of making in character scenes and creating fun on a slow night should be considered. I don't think I should be punished for failing in one out of 20 rounds. I can only hope that the other interactions, from ERPing with the captain for his stamp and using micros as vending machine cards before mercilessly devouring them, show that I am here for the full experience.

My suggestion is calling it a few IC days of detention in character for Meryl- I believe I will play janitor, a fitting punishment for the girl that painted the floor and much closer to what I believe I was trying to accomplish. Below I will outline some ideas to prevent this issue from reoccuring.

On my part I should've asked about the swastika and made the metajoke known to the admins. Unfortunately, griefing is something you deal with daily. Pretending to be stupid is perceptibly the same as actually being stupid so I can't fault you if you thought I was straight trolling rather than meta commentating on trolls. I can't guarantee I'll always get it right- my own judgement will not match every admin or player, but I intend to overcome my OOC shyness to check with either admins or people before pulling big scale pranks or interactions. Half and half, if you'll inform me to tone it down I'll inform you before you have to. Eventually some form of equilibrium may be reached.

While I play an obnoxious socially stunted idiot I myself am only half as stupid. Nothing upsets me more than someone who quietly brews OOC and gets annoyed IC but doesn't tell me and the same goes for admins. If unbeknownst to me there is a rapsheet that formed, unreasonable character accusations or messages about griefing, then I was not CAPABLE of change because I was never informed or I surely would have (Example: Paincrits fuck emotes so I stopped using reinforced grips, Bogan taught me you don't need 'em.) Hopefully this is the only issue standing and it can be cleared quickly.

In regards to potential memories of me, I'm a mixed bag. The first time I left the server at the barrel of Ace's gun I was an asshole, when I returned I was annoying. Now I believe an additional two years makes me mildly irritating. I would appreciate a level of trust and communication, a benefit of the doubt given I was unbanned last time and left of my own accord to deal with personal things. I don't think my commitment to role-playing was ever in question. My intent has always been mutual funny-boners. I don't want to cause grief to other players or admins. I will make my best attempt from now on to be better in regards to communications, and to try and tone things down a bit.

Your friend and loyal player, Seekey.
gbseekey

Re: [VerySoft] Sea Qi - Permaban

Postby VerySoft » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:31 pm

Swastikas followed by standard fare SS13 memes makes you look like a normal SS13 troll. I might suggest attempting to do metacommentary on SS13 trolls in a different way in the future, as we don't at all take kindly to swastika type things. You ought to know that that's never really going to be looked upon in any kind of positive manner.

That said, it has been more than long enough, I will approve this appeal.
VerySoft

Return to Approved