[Unknown] Elizaspider - Toxicity

Moderator: Game Admins

[Unknown] Elizaspider - Toxicity

Postby elizaspider » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:35 am

Byond account and character name: Elizaspider
Discord ID (if applicable): Arde#9583
Banning admin: Unknown
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Discord
Ban reason given: Unknown, presuming toxicity, because that was what my previous appeal was for.
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): Sometime in the 2nd half of 2018
Your side of the story: I don't even remember anymore. It's been so long now, I don't think it's fresh in anyone's minds anymore.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been three years, there's been a lot of changes in my life, and a change in management in Virgo. Most of the people I used to know here are either forgotten friends, or have themselves moved on to other stations. I have no means to prove that I'm a changed person to any of you, because I no longer know who even is left to vouch for me. I don't even know if my ban is still even binding at this point, I haven't tried the discord invite in at least a year.
elizaspider

Re: [Unknown] Elizaspider - Toxicity

Postby JoanRisu » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:09 pm

From what I've been able to gather, what prompted the ban itself was overzealous vocalization over not liking a politically involved discussion, however, the entire case itself was built on a lengthy history of you losing your cool over any topic or opinion that you dislike. The political discussion was just the final straw.

You are right, it's been about 3 years now and since then the administration has changed and our policy on political discussions, in general, has gotten more strict to save everyone the headache of dealing with what is now 5 years of mindnumbing frustration. That said, there is still the matter of the overarching problem: The ability (or lack thereof to put it bluntly) to keep yourself cool while dealing with topics or opinions you do not care for or are against.

The obvious question is, has that improved at all?
JoanRisu

Postby elizaspider » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:26 pm

I personally feel as though it has. I've gotten a lot less up-in-arms over discussions I dislike, and I've learned to just focus on other discord channels until topics I don't like subside. Unfortunately, I don't know how many people other than Vorrarkul still know me well enough to vouch for me.
elizaspider

Postby JoanRisu » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:37 pm

I know Vorrarkul has vouched for you previously and they have reiterated their support to me in line with our new appeal policies.

On a personal note, I think 3 years is enough time to allow at least a probationary demonstration of change so I'm in support of this appeal.
JoanRisu

Postby Kenzie » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:10 pm

yeah, a lot can change in three years, and hopefully it has, i'll support
Kenzie

Postby VerySoft » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:49 pm

It's been a long time and no one's saying no, so! Approved!
VerySoft

Return to Approved