[PontifexMinimus] Hizzoe-LRP and attempted ban evasion.

Moderator: Game Admins

[PontifexMinimus] Hizzoe-LRP and attempted ban evasion.

Postby Hizzoe » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:37 pm

Byond account and character name: Hizzoe, Ress Shinehoard.
Discord ID (if applicable): Hizzoe#5391
Banning admin: PontifexMinimus
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from the server.
Ban reason given: Confronted for his LRP shenanigans finally, such as spouting memes IC, being incredibly infantile in OOC, generally being obstructive and useless in any of their chosen jobs, finally crescending into making explosions as chemist (and apparently ONLY explosions). When asked why they should stay on the server, they just logged off. (This isn't mentioned in the ban reason, however I did try and get caught trying to log on using a different account.)
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): November 9th, 2020, 4:30 PM.
Your side of the story: To put it simply, there isn't much for me to clarify here. At the time, I thought that being a gremlin was funny, but I know now that it really just isn't to all the people who are just trying to have fun and play the game without having to worry about having to worry about someone blowing up things in chemistry, or to the people who are trying to relax in a community of like-minded people, only to have to watch as annoying OOC messages begin to clog up their screen. To explain why I had logged off when asked why I should be allowed to stay on the server, it was at that moment I had realized something: I deserved this. All the things I had done leading up to that moment absolutely meant that I deserved to have received punishment. The way that I, in my foolish ways, saw it, there was nothing I could do to avoid getting a ban, so I thought that the ""smart"" thing to do would be to just log off, with some lame reason of "It'd be a waste of my and the admins time to try and salvage this." being the final, deciding factor in me leaving mid-conversation. Though, at the time of the conversation with the banning admin, I was legitimately seriously panicking, and wasn't thinking straight. That's not a valid reason to leave without a word in a conversation, though, it's just so that you know that I know that, at the time, I was being very irrational, and I understand that now. And then there's the ban evasion. Good lord I was stupid back then. Not much to say here: I made an alt account a few days I think after getting banned as a way to keep playing, and got caught the next day. Even as I'm writing this I still absolutely hate that I tried pulling that off.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've changed. Over the past months, I've been playing on other SS13 servers, refining my playstyle, getting better at the game, learning about it, and learning how to RP. I've played the game, gotten a lot better at some jobs, learning why some things do what they do. I've stopped doing things like saying memes, I've gotten out of the "Ooh spessman game, time to mess around without a care in the world!" mentality, and now, I feel like I'm ready to try playing on the server again. I'm deeply sorry for what I had done in the past, and I promise you, admins and players alike, it won't happen again. I'll play jobs correctly, I'll play by the rules, I'll try my best to have fun interactions with other people, and all I ask is that I be given a second chance.
Hizzoe

Re: [PontifexMinimus] Hizzoe-LRP and attempted ban evasion.

Postby PontifexMinimus » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:32 am

Oh, this.

I mean if you learnt your lesson.

I was really just trying to make you reflect to maybe play visitor instead of hogging jobslots, really.

The ban evasion is, however, absolutely no bueno. Never do this again.

Approved.
PontifexMinimus

Return to Approved