[lm40] Wolfmeme - Exploration Jobban

Moderator: Game Admins

[lm40] Wolfmeme - Exploration Jobban

Postby False Hydra » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:05 am

Byond account and character name: Wolfmeme, Drate
Discord ID (if applicable):Don't think it's applicable but can be provided.
Banning admin:Lm40
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Job-banned from Exploration.
Ban reason given: Banned from Pathfinder, Explorer, Field Medic, Pilot - Running ahead on expeditions again. We are trying to curtail lowrp exploration and this has happened before.
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): Fri, August 28th of 2020. Not sure of exact time, but I usually played around late morning to late afternoon EST. Best guess is early afternoon.
Your side of the story: Vorestation has been a great time for me, the result of wanting to get into HRP in general while barely having played much MRP, and deciding to take the plunge. I spent around a month or two messing about with a few characters I made, and was sinking into the atmosphere of the server somewhat well. Then I found out about Exploration, a department that mixes my enjoyment of Space Station PvE gameplay into the normal atmosphere of the server. I was practically hooked before I even made the character I intended to join the department with. Before I knew it, I was spending more and more time playing Exploration, having more fun than in most games I'd played in years. I wasn't without my hiccups and habits, especially one incident early on I look back at and wince. The fun I was having made me want to play more and more, and more time into the server felt fun too, creating a massive feedback loop until I was putting at minimum maybe 2 shifts in a day, but often putting in 3-4 shifts before I slept with some exceptions. Even had a two month period where I calculated that I'd put over 800 hours into the server, which I think I even bragged about in LOOC or something. It didn't help that I liked taking the game seriously as it made me feel more involved and had the highs of happiness hit higher. It didn't help because I practically made the game my life with the sheer force of time I'd put in. I'd eventually lose my patience in some situation and would end up projecting it all onto someone, a level of asshole I don't need to describe. While I (think that I) eventually eased up on some of my time spent, (though only because of IRL reasons instead of realizing I was spending too much,) a lot of the damage had already been learned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been 7, going on 8 months since the ban, and I've finally reflected on my time without the rose-tinted glasses of the fun I had and actually looked at the time instead of through the time. I've learned a bunch of little things that I should and should not do, and intend to go in learning to have a much more relaxed attitude so I don't get unnecessarily mad at things wholly not worth getting mad at, as well as hopefully toning down a lot of my "Epic Gamering" LRP "Style" that there was the occasional issue with.
False Hydra

Re: [lm40] Wolfmeme - Exploration Jobban

Postby Kenzie » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:07 am

i am no longer an admin but it has been more than long enough that i would unban you if i still could
Kenzie

Re: [lm40] Wolfmeme - Exploration Jobban

Postby JoanRisu » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:51 pm

Since the original banning admin is willing to lift the ban, I'll go ahead and approve this appeal.
JoanRisu

Return to Approved