[JerTheAce] JGlitch. Permaban 2 (Re-posted from N/A)

Moderator: Game Admins

[JerTheAce] JGlitch. Permaban 2 (Re-posted from N/A)

Postby Glitch » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:18 pm

Byond account and character name: JGlitch, Johnny ''Glitch''? Maybe?
Discord ID (if applicable): JGlitch#9245
Banning admin: JerTheAce
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Whole server/Discord
Ban reason given: Baited new security players into attacking him just to troll them. Considering your history, this ban is permanent.
Ban length: Permanent.
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-07-09 17:31:25 GMT+1
Your side of the story: I realize how what I did was a disruptive thing even if I didnt bait them into attacking me to attack them back, which the ban reason makes it sound like I did. The disruptive part was the bait itself, I pulled a fake toy energy sword and made that officer panic in the cell, which caused them to beat me into crit. Now the problem with that is that is that its unrealistic for someone to do such a thing in a cell as a ''prank'', you wouldnt pull out a cap gun or a plastic knife to an officer when you get put in jail after failing a breathalizer test as a prank to get a few giggles, nobody would do that and expect NOT to get beaten to the ground or even get shot and killed right on the spot.
It also makes the officer involved look bad OOCly by other people, and might face both IC and OOC consequences for their actions as they nearly killed someone over a toy sword, which is not fair for a new security player.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I read both earlier appeals and original appeal, I've made some reflections. And I can see on how I could've went a bit too far with my behavior. I've been trying really hard to change on how I behave in the community.
What I realize now is that the way I was trying to get myself bellybrigged was disruptive for the security officers that interacted with me, just because it worked a few times it doesnt mean that every player would react the same way.
I learned that being a troll is being completely idiotic and makes everyone's experience worse, sure some may play along with it and some may find it amusing, but its just not a believeable character to play as and it has no place on a HRP server.
I've not been ever banned from the servers I'm currently playing, which I guess it shows that there has to have been a change.
I guess what I've been trying to say since the two last appeals didnt go too well is that I'm making a genuine effort on trying to change so that I may get unbanned.

This is a re-post from the appeal I made that I requested to be posted in N/A.
Glitch

Re: [JerTheAce] JGlitch. Permaban 2 (Re-posted from N/A)

Postby nerdass » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:12 pm

Eh, I don't see why not at this point. So long as you genuinely want back in and won't be a dickazoid, why not. Support
nerdass

Postby Glitch » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:29 pm

nerdass wrote:Eh, I don't see why not at this point. So long as you genuinely want back in and won't be a dickazoid, why not. Support

Thats exactly what I want to do.
Glitch

Postby Etheo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:28 am

It's, admittedly, been a bit since I've been staff on Skyrat's SS13 server, so Im not sure if my word would really hold any weight.

I was skimming the forum on my phone, procrastinating on getting out of bed, when I noticed that this thread was recent. I was honestly surprised to hear that JGlitch was banned from here, and the reason provided above, to me, seems incredibly out of character for him nowadays. On skyrat, he's become incredibly tame, he's goofy sometimes, but Ive only seen him act up with friends in a banterous way. Hell, I've been more of a shit to him than he has to anyone that I've seen, in my time on Skyrat.

He's definitely improved, so he's got my support, would love to see him here.
Etheo

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:25 pm

As it has been two years and I feel like that has been enough time for you to reflect... So, I'm willing to give you a shot again.

Support.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Wickedtemp » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:00 pm

I supported the first appeal of this and still do.
Wickedtemp

Postby Smdytb1 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:14 am

Ello, Over on our server(chompers) Glitch has been behaving fairly well with very little issue. and the only issue is just one note which has been disregarded in its entirety as it was found out that they were just messing with friends. Comparing this to the old Glitch has been pretty hard as there is very little that remains, they've changed for the better. and yes, I do know of their past and do Agree that its pretty nasty; then again it has been two years and they have been speaking to me quite regularly how they want to change. however, I would still recommend the tiniest bit of hand holding even with friends which is a vast improvement still but yeah.

JGlitch gets my Support

~ Server Maintainer/Administrator
Smdytb1

Postby Glitch » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:19 pm

Hi, it's been 20 days and while I'm very patient, I'm quite eager to know the veredict... So I'm bumping the post!
Glitch

Postby JoanRisu » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:41 am

Alright, so, this has been sitting and stewing on the back burner for a month now and I think there is a reluctance lingering around to give this a shot despite the support it has. However, previous examples have shown that people can change with both time and experience elsewhere, they just need a chance to show it. This appeal also has much better support than the last appeal.

This appeal is approved. You got a shot, don't waste it.
JoanRisu

Return to Approved