[arokha] fleetgothic - Permaban

Moderator: Game Admins

[arokha] fleetgothic - Permaban

Postby fleetgothic » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:49 pm

Byond account and character name: fleetgothic (Mont'Kais)
Banning admin: arokha
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permanent Ban
Ban reason: You, or another user of this computer of connection (fleetgothic) is banned here. The ban reason is: The wall of notes saying that you use "it's just RP" to excuse being frusterating to other players without attempt to work with them in any sort of RP sense (in that you sort of consider staying true to your character "roleplaying" more than actual interaction with the others), plus the fact that when we bwoinked you, that you literally approached a random person, asked if they were a griefer, and offered them access to toxins probably means you should not be playing here.
Ban length: Perma
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 4-26-2018
Your side of the story: It's been quite a while hasn't it? First off, when I look back at the old appeals, I just laugh. I was sorta new to ss13, but not really. At that time, I was at a very unstable state of mind, so far as to do stupid things for attention. Of course, I could keep on going on and on about that long list of notes. But what I came here to say, is that I've worked on myself. A lot. I won't go into it in depth, at least not in a forum post, but with two years of improving self care, and getting mentally ready, as with learning to deal with HRP servers in private servers and such, I feel like I'm ready to return. I can see a lot of things have changed in the server, and thought, might as well give a shot with an appeal! Of course, I know the chances of this are extremely low, for me to get back in, due to stupid stuff like: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=38

But all I'm asking for, is a chance to come back and start anew. That's all I really have to say.

Byond account and character name: fleetgothic (Mont'Kais) ((Retired character))
Discord ID (if applicable): N/A
Banning admin: arokha
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Perma
Ban reason given: You, or another user of this computer of connection (fleetgothic) is banned here. The ban reason is: The wall of notes saying that you use "it's just RP" to excuse being frusterating to other players without attempt to work with them in any sort of RP sense (in that you sort of consider staying true to your character "roleplaying" more than actual interaction with the others), plus the fact that when we bwoinked you, that you literally approached a random person, asked if they were a griefer, and offered them access to toxins probably means you should not be playing here.
Ban length: Perma
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 4-26-2018
Your side of the story: It's been quite a while hasn't it? First off, when I look back at the old appeals, I just laugh. I was sorta new to ss13, but not really. At that time, I was at a very unstable state of mind, so far as to do stupid things for attention. Of course, I could keep on going on and on about that long list of notes. But what I came here to say, is that I've worked on myself. A lot. I won't go into it in depth, at least not in a forum post, but with two years of improving self care, and getting mentally ready, as with learning to deal with HRP servers in private servers and such, I feel like I'm ready to return. I can see a lot of things have changed in the server, and thought, might as well give a shot with an appeal! Of course, I know the chances of this are extremely low, for me to get back in, due to stupid stuff like: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=38

But all I'm asking for, is a chance to come back and start anew. That's all I really have to say.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Why I think I should be unbanned? As for the aformentioned reasons above, I feel ready to make a return. Not exactly for roleplays, but just a community to relax and vibe with. Of course, it's been a crazy two years. But if there's one thing I can guarantee you, it's I've changed for the better. I'm still who I am! Just not the dude who'll shoot a fuel tank, or the dude who'll do stupid impulsive stuff. In the past, I used the excuse "its rp". Well shit, if there's one thing I learnt, there's a person behind the screen. Everyone's just here to have fun right? So why ruin the fun?
fleetgothic

Re: [arokha] fleetgothic - Permaban

Postby fleetgothic » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:50 pm

Whoops, posted it twice by accident, my bad.
fleetgothic

Postby Kenzie » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:38 pm

what evidence do you have that you've changed?
Kenzie

Postby fleetgothic » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:02 pm

Oh hey Kenzie! I remember ya. That memetaur dude right? Well, as for evidence, of course I haven't screenshotted each development, but if you want, I can get a few close people who've seen me in both my best moments, and worst moments. But I'd have to ask them if they're ok talking to you guys first. Of course, I'd be willing to talk in discord in private messages about more personal things that've gone on, if that works for you.
fleetgothic

Postby lm40 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:11 am

Well it is generally helpful to submit some sort of evidence that you have changed in order to get a permaban lifted, especially since that bit about trying to help someone you thought to have been a griefer access toxins is kinda condemning. Okay, maybe you've changed, but if you can't give us any reason to at least suppose you have beyond your say-so, for what reason ought we to take the chance of unbanning you?
lm40

Postby Kenzie » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:12 am

Pretend I posted that with my genuine account.
Kenzie

Postby fleetgothic » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:28 pm

Well, I'd like to say that was two years ago. Two long years don't get me wrong, but if you want, I COULD talk to you in DMs on how thing's changed. I just don't think a public forum like this is suitable. I'm willing to show ways that things are different, but at the same time. One of the things I've learnt over the years, is self respect. I simply won't blurt out every detail of my personal life here. But again, I'm willing to talk in private about what's happened and such.
fleetgothic

Postby Kenzie » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:32 pm

that is fair enough, as of now i am not really convinced in favor of unbanning you to be honest, but i remain open to the possibility
Kenzie

Postby fleetgothic » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:24 pm

And of course, that's your choice. Again, I just thought I'd make an attempt. Didn't really expect to get unbanned though. Just heard from a few friends that there's been a change in staff and all, and might as well come back.
fleetgothic

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:49 pm

Likewise with Kenzie, I am open to the prospect of letting you back in. It has been a long time and I do believe that people can change, specially after two years. I'd like to see what other members of staff have to say about it because I can only just slightly remember your character of Mont'Kais.

Neutral leaning towards support if other members of staff feel the same way.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Next

Return to Approved