[joanrisu] CrackParrot - Disconnected ban

Moderator: Game Admins

[joanrisu] CrackParrot - Disconnected ban

Postby CrackParrot » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:31 pm

Byond account and character name: CrackParrot (Ckey) Do not remember the character i played as.
Discord ID (if applicable): CrackParrot
Banning admin: joanrisu
Ban type (What are you banned from?: EG; Job banned from HoP, banned from the whole server, banned off Discord, etc.): Permaban
Ban reason given: Broke into security and stole a few tasers, flashbangs, wolf-taur armor and a security GPS. When asked why he replied with "exploring" and then expanded with "found a bag of holding too." Did not reply after being pressed for a better reason. Disconnected from the server 15 minutes later. Appeal for a better explanation for self-antagging. this ban was applied by joanrisu on 2020-01-13, 00:44:20.
Ban length: Permaban
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone):00:44:20 (EST)
Your side of the story: I was doing exactly what the reason stated above said i was doing. Although i was never trying to be malicious, from what i recall from that round i was exploring all the maint tunnels around and underneath the map just finding loot to pick up for myself in the attempts to sell it. after exploring around the map some more i decided it would be a good idea to try and grab some security gear to sell while most of the security officers were distracted. I was then messaged by an admin telling me what i was doing and replied to him with what i had done that entire round, exploring. And right as he was trying to press more of the context of my explanation further my internet disconnected and i ended up being disconnected from the server for an hour. So i received a permaban because he must have thought i was griefing. I did not even bother attempting to make an appeal until now because only very recently has my interest in the server has come back to me.
Why you think you should be unbanned:I did not think my previous altercation of breaking and entering warranted a permaban in the first place. It was only because my internet had disconnected was even the reason i had received the ban in the first place. Very recently has my interest been reignited for this server that i actually went and did a proper ban appeal to get to be able to play again. But, in brief i misjudged the server initially only really joining just to explore around, and get into places i should not have. i feel like i can play more seriously now at least to the point of thinking before i do some certain actions.
CrackParrot

Re: [joanrisu] CrackParrot - Disconnected ban

Postby JoanRisu » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:23 pm

Had you been straight with me and said "Ok, you caught me doing this and this "I would have been more lenient and let you off with a warning. Instead, your reply to my question "Right, so, wanna explain what you are doing right now?" was,
exploring

as though I am supposed expand on that on my own and accept that as a suitable explanation to why I caught you in the EVA section of Security with a bag full of security gear. Proceeding to tell me about the various things you found in maintenance is not a direct answer to the question either nor am I going to be impressed by that.

I don't mind if someone steps out of line in a seemingly "minor" way. What I do mind is someone not giving me a straight answer upfront to a question from an admin.
JoanRisu

Postby CrackParrot » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:51 pm

The issue was my Internet had disconnected for like an hour during the actual ahelp process, I didn't even get the chance to further explain my entire justification for my actions.
CrackParrot

Postby JoanRisu » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:19 pm

A single word response is not a good way to start that conversation, to begin with.
JoanRisu

Postby CrackParrot » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:07 pm

Looking back, it guess it could be seen as little off-putting from an administrator perspective. I was not my intention to not explain myself completely, but in the future i will properly explain my actions the first time.
CrackParrot

Postby JoanRisu » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:20 am

I'll meet you in the middle and say if you want to give a short answer, try stating what you were doing followed by "I'll explain in a moment."

In any case, I've said what I needed to say and you understand what I was getting at, not to mention this was almost 10 months ago. I see no reason to hold this appeal back anymore. Appeal Approved.
JoanRisu

Return to Approved