[lm40] Drainquake - Exploration ban

Moderator: Game Admins

[lm40] Drainquake - Exploration ban

Postby d.winters99 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:33 am

Byond account and character name: Drainquake, Donald Weinbeck

Discord ID (if applicable): d.winters99#4343

Banning admin: lm40

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Department banned from Exploration.

Ban reason given: "Broke into science to implant himself lest a 'SolCom parole boat come arrest' him. When the RD pointed a stun revolver at him, he told his field medic to disarm them and attacked them with a machete"

Ban length: Indefinite

Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 06/29/2020, ~ 5:00 PM EST

Your side of the story: After an eventful expedition on the Aerostat, my team and I returned to station. I had shrapnel in my chest, so my field medic brought me to the asteroid med-bay to remove the foreign bodies. Naturally, my implants were all removed before the shrapnel. Among the implants were my back-up, a tracking implant (from since ret-conned backstory) and a fluff implant. I asked the aforementioned Field Medic about injectors, which they replied negatively. I thought about where there would be an injector, and remembered that there is one in robotics. I traveled down to Science and waited in the line that had formed in front of R&D. Once I was up, I asked if I could use the injector in robotics. I was met with a rational 'Why?' to which I answered by holding up my removed implant and explaining that I needed to inject them. The RD asked, once more, what I needed it for- at which point I was growing impatient. I spoke of my 'parole' in hopes that the RD would accept it and let me in. He did not. He answered my plea with a resounding "Sounds like not my problem." I, being the rash and quick-to-act person I have spent the last month and 4/5ths attempting to un-become, decided to open the door to robotics. I knew the wires from previous work in the shift (Carp outpost) so it was a quick operation. I grabbed the injector, injected my implants, replaced it, fixed the door, and then was going about my way. I was then cornered in the R&D hallway by the RD, who said to me: (paraphrasing) "Tell me why I shouldn't strip you and throw you in the hallway." I, as previously stated, rashly and frustratedly replied with a derogatory "I don't take orders from s***birds." (RD was a vox.) At this point, I pushed past him and walked into the hallway outside of R&D where I met my Field Medic. As I was getting ready to leave, the RD pointed a gun at me (mechanically) and told me to stand still and (I believe) told me to drop my things. At this point, I did not realize it was a stun revolver. I mentioned on comms that the RD was cornering me, not realizing that there was no security at the time. At this point, I had held my hands up and told my Field Medic over exploration comms to disarm the RD. I planned to run away with the medic while he was scrambling for the gun, so that we could regroup and assess what the best course of action would be. The disarm failed, causing the gun to discharge and fire in my direction. The RD then began to backpedal towards me while firing at my medic, so in the moment I grabbed my machete and attacked him once, causing it to become lodged in his head. I started running away immediately afterwards, as did my medic. The RD began chasing my medic. I drew the energy shield I had previously acquired from the aerostat, hoping to protect my FM (and prevent the RD from continuing to shoot). Much to nobodies surprise, we were both struck by stun diodes and knocked unconscious. Once we awoke, we returned to R&D to assure that he (the RD) received proper medical attention. The time-frame between arriving at R&D and the incident was about 3 minutes. This was the point where I received the first admin PM, which (if memory serves) was an inquiry of justification. The events between then and when I was told to cryo after my security sentencing are fuzzy, something I'm blaming on the stress of the situation plus the time it's been since it happened.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I've had some time to think about what happened, and some time to practice thinking before I act. It took me longer than expected to get accustomed to an environment where snap decisions aren't as necessary, but I feel I have reached a point where I can act acceptably in the face of pressuring situations. I realize my failings in allowing the proper RP to take place before moving to mechanics, and I feel I've paid at least some of the price for my mistake, and I'm in a position where I think I'm ready to try to redeem myself now that just short of a couple of months have passed. I've also talked with Soft at some length about the necessary modifications to what is and isn't okay as backstory, and additionally how to better rationalize drastic actions. All that is truly left to say is that I screwed up, but now that I've had some time to think on it I'm somewhat confident I have the proper mental arsenal to act better in the future.
d.winters99

Re: [lm40] Drainquake - Exploration ban

Postby lm40 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:55 pm

kk

we don't really want explorers breaking into places and then trying to use the exploration-y shit, which they're not even supposed to have outside of exploration, to machete/esword/whatever people who get in their way. the ultra-impatient 'mechanics time' is something we were trying to curb in exploration as a whole, but this is a step beyond because it wasn't even while on exploration or anything, but when interacting on the station with your coworkers, other players.

it has been a couple months tho so provided you understand why this is all no bueno we should be good.
lm40

Postby d.winters99 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Yes, like I said, I've discussed (and been discussed with) at length about do's and don't's. I intentionally waited a month or so just to make sure, not only to staff, but to myself, that what I learned could fully sink in and assimilate into me as a person and player. I certainly have full plans to act better and do what I can to, y'know, not be a total disaster vis a vis roleplay.
d.winters99

Postby lm40 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:45 am

alright
lm40

Return to Approved