[Nerdass] - InfinitelyThinRectangles - Discord Toxicity

Moderator: Game Admins

[Nerdass] - InfinitelyThinRectangles - Discord Toxicity

Postby ITR » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:05 pm

Byond account and character name: Key: InfinitelyThinRectangles Chars: Brian Hoffnar, Barbara Powell, Marko Haskell, Hailey Howard
Discord ID (if applicable): ○●□■¤▪#5652 (I can set nicknames to make this actually typeable if required!)
Banning admin: Nerdass
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Discord
Ban reason given: Discord Toxicity
Ban length: Perma
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 4/26/2018
Your side of the story: I don't have much of one to give here, I was an inconsiderate, glib little twerp with far too short a fuse and no ability to tone it down and stop escalating things once angered, and in hindsight it's not a great surprise I got the boot.
Why you think you should be unbanned:

It's been two years since then and I've had a lot of time and life experience to pour ice cubes down my shirt to try and cool off, stop being so firey, confrontational and passive-aggressive. It's not pleasant to be around, it isn't productive and it doesn't help anyone involved, and I've had to learn this the hard way in that intervening time. I'd like to make an honest go of existing in the discord environment without naffing off everyone in a 3 mile radius, if there's any willingness to let me try it. I'd appreciate the opportunity to come back and show I've taken this to heart!
ITR

Re: [Nerdass] - InfinitelyThinRectangles - Discord Toxicity

Postby ITR » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:07 pm

ITR wrote:Byond account and character name: Key: InfinitelyThinRectangles Chars: Brian Hoffnar, Barbara Powell, Marko Haskell, Hailey Howard
Discord ID (if applicable): ○●□■¤▪#5652 (I can set nicknames to make this actually typeable if required!)
Banning admin: Nerdass
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Discord
Ban reason given: Discord Toxicity
Ban length: Perma
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 4/26/2018
Your side of the story: I don't have much of one to give here, I was an inconsiderate, glib little twerp with far too short a fuse and no ability to tone it down and stop escalating things once riled up, and in hindsight I'm not surprised I got the boot.
Why you think you should be unbanned:

It's been two years since then and I've had a lot of time and life experience to pour ice cubes down my shirt to try and cool off, stop being so firey, confrontational and passive-aggressive. It's not pleasant to be around, it isn't productive and it doesn't help anyone involved, and I've had to learn this the hard way in that intervening time. I'd like to make an honest go of existing in the discord environment without naffing off everyone in a 3 mile radius, if there's any willingness to let me try it. I'd appreciate the opportunity to come back and show I've taken this to heart!
ITR

Postby ITR » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:11 pm

My apologies, I slapped "Quote" thinking it was "Edit" when I was trying to change phrasing on something and I can't delete my own post. Sorry about that, but I can't remove it!
ITR

Postby nerdass » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:36 am

Kinda fell asleep right after you posted this.

I wanna get some feedback from other admins in this thread. From our chat yesterday you seem like you've matured a good bit but you got so much history of being a cunt that it's a bit hard to trust again, yeah?
nerdass

Postby ITR » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:11 pm

nerdass wrote:Kinda fell asleep right after you posted this.
Yyou got so much history of being a cunt that it's a bit hard to trust again, yeah?

I know meme posts are frowned upon, but I hope it's acceptable for me to say that never have I been so offended by something I 100% agree with! :P

For what it's worth, I hadn't managed to get myself banned from the server itself even at my worst, so I'd like to hope that counts for something. I was a straight-up arsehole, but I wasn't hitler incarnate! Aside from that, I can't add much except what I've already said that I can think of right now.
ITR

Postby PontifexMinimus » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:25 pm

I talked to a few people, from Eclipse, Citadel, former Hestia, current Hestia.

A recurring theme is that they don't personally think you as a bad person and that you can handle yourself well -

However, they still think on platforms like Discord that good behaviour is less present.

I have to say with your colourful history on several SS13 servers, I think I rather heed their call on the matter.

No support.
PontifexMinimus

Postby ITR » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:49 pm

PontifexMinimus wrote:I talked to a few people, from Eclipse, Citadel, former Hestia, current Hestia.

No support.

Probably not an unfair take, but I'm very curious about this part. By current Hestia I presume you're referring to Escape Pod 5, but I've never played on Eclipse? I played on AEIOU, which Eclipse is a successor server of, but I haven't been active there since long before it changed hands from Chatter to Nestor, and as such, haven't really had any presence on Eclipse, under current staff, to be judged on as far as I know?
ITR

Postby nerdass » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:42 pm

I'm genuinely hesitant to lift this considering what I remember of you, it's why it's been sitting for so long. I'm gonna throw this up to the headmins to make a final decision on, because my dumb ass can't.
nerdass

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:51 pm

Hm. Given the length of time, I'm willing to give another chance. Don't give me a reason to regret my vote.

Supporting appeal.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby VerySoft » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:32 pm

It's been a long time and you seem to understand where you went wrong before, so I support you getting another chance.

Just please make sure this is something we don't regret if it gets approved, yeah?
VerySoft

Next

Return to Approved