Postby ZodiacShadow » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:19 pm

Byond account and character name: ZodiacShadow/Nehi Maximus
Discord ID (if applicable): ZodiacShadow#1637
Banning admin: Nerdass
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Character ban; Nehi Maximus
Ban reason given: Nehi Maximus is underage
Ban length: Indefinite
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 9:26PM, GMT+1
Your side of the story: Nehi is technically underage, and this is against the rules. Fairly cut and dry. I chose to say I would not change Nehi's backstory at the time - and thus, I was banned. Then I was dumb enough to say so on the server, having forgotten that talking bans is NOT allowed. :?
TL;DR: this is entirely on me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think I've figured out a way I can keep my character consistent in my head (this is important to me) while adhering to the server rules, so I'll adapt her backstory to make her legal.

Having been part of this community for about six and a half years, I'd miss the place if I didn't play; and I basically only play Nehi, now, so... yeah.
Sorry about the unintentional drama - I want to chalk it up to mental rigidity and exhaustion; 's been a long week.
Wanted to get this posted tonight so I could stop thinking about it.

Suggested backstory alteration:
Nehi has known for some time that she was reset several times during her testing phase - as you *do* with computers. What she didn't know is the amount of time she had been active before the latest reset - about two decades.
And seeing as she has yet to run out of memory, that data has not been overwritten... which means that she might suddenly just open up that little pandora's box of memories.
Amnesia is a bit old hat, but... in an effort to just get this resolved... well, this fits with my story for her so far, too.
Last edited by ZodiacShadow on Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZodiacShadow

Re: [Nerdass] ZodiacShadow - underage character ban

Postby nerdass » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:19 am

until such time as whatever you come up with to make nehi not underage is approved, don't play as them.
nerdass

Postby nerdass » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:19 pm

I'm still not really comfortable with this character even being allowed back on station, honestly.

Like. I'm sorry but the whole thing where you told me you brought up the fact nehi was six to tease people is INCREDIBLY SUS

I just don't have any faith that you won't just go back to doing creepy pedophile roleplay
nerdass

Postby PontifexMinimus » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:28 pm

Nerdass asked me to take over.

I have to agree the thing about teasing people during scenes how Nehi is six is incredibly unsavoury and I want an explanation for this and an assurance it will never happen again.

In this thread.
Not discord.
PontifexMinimus

Postby ZodiacShadow » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:23 pm

First of all, I think I have 'teased people during scenes', once or twice, entirely because Nehi likes to get reactions out of Bogen and Kisuke - even if I can't find any proof in my logs that that happened with Bogen. And no, that will never happen again.
I've just gone through all of my logs in an effort to find a single other time that aspect of her character may have come up in even a somewhat inappropriate context, and I've come up empty. Apart from the aforementioned example, it's come up in casual conversation and never been sexual.
It's always simply been part of her character - she was activated to serve aboard the Virgo Orbital, and all her experiences are from there. It's never been used in a pedophilic context, nor been intended for it.
I have no idea how I ended up in a situation where I need to say that I'm not a pedophile, but here we are.
There are a lot of things to dislike about me as a person, but I really feel like this took a turn towards witchhunt and started being a significantly more disillusioning affair over the last couple of days. Whether through misunderstanding or personal dislike, I have no idea, but I'd rather this was cleared up sooner rather than later.

One of the last times I mentioned it in-game:
[+]
[Explorer] Bogen Kellogg says, "Also, how did you guys get wiped in the cave-- I'm doing this alone-"
[Explorer] Nehi Maximus says, "Yeah, well, we have a civvie."
Ev'ha Zkala asks, "A civvie?"
Ev'ha Zkala says, "I've been in more field expeditions than your age."
Nehi Maximus says, "...so more than six."
Ev'ha Zkala says, "...uh-"
Nehi Maximus says, "Impressive."
Nehi Maximus claps.

The one inappropriate example I managed to find in my logs:
[+]
Nehi Maximus whispers, "Also you are literally about to fuck a six-year-old."
Nehi Maximus whispers, "Should I dress more loli for you?"
Kisuke Gema whispers, "WOW. DON'T MAKE IT WEIRD."
Nehi Maximus whispers, "Mmmm. Fuck me, daddy."
Nehi Maximus bursts out laughing.
Kisuke Gema whispers, "STOP."
Kisuke Gema whispers, "SEX IS CANCELLED FOREVER."
Nehi Maximus whispers, "Too laaaaaate you already agreeeeed."
ZodiacShadow

Postby PontifexMinimus » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:41 am

I don't want to hear anything more like how she's technically six or anything like this anymore.

Because that's against the rules. Say she spent time in a simulation or something else, I don't care. De facto if she's under 18 physically or mentally or anything like that, she's no bueno.
PontifexMinimus

Postby ZodiacShadow » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:28 am

No, that has been established - and I proposed an alteration to her backstory in the original post.
ZodiacShadow

Postby PontifexMinimus » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:17 am

Good. Then you can use the character again.
PontifexMinimus

Return to Approved