[natje] JoeyJoJoleoin - Didn't reply to AdminPM's

Moderator: Game Admins

[natje] JoeyJoJoleoin - Didn't reply to AdminPM's

Postby JoJoeleon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:48 pm

Byond account and character name: JoeyJojoleoin
Discord ID (if applicable): None
Banning admin: natje
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server Ban
Ban reason given: "You, or another user of this computer or connection (joeyjojoleoin) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Forced themselves into an AFK person, didn't respond to LOOCs nor adminPMs, then disconnected"
Ban length: Not specified
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): Banned 2020 - 4 - 10 15:19:08
Your side of the story: Ghosted once I entered the AFK player then went AFK myself to do some stuff, came back and my PC had auto locked the screen after 5 min. which disconnects me from the server, has happened couple times before, but haven't bothered to disable the auto lock. Didn't see the AdminPM since upon disconnection no log is recorded so it must've happened a while after I AFK'd
Why you think you should be unbanned: At the time I didn't think I'd be that much of an inconvenience since I wouldn't be doing any harm except to myself IC wise. Course either way this would still be considered break rp boundaries and messing with AFK players so can't really excuse that. Apologies for any unforeseen harm I may have caused.
JoJoeleon

Re: [natje] JoeyJoJoleoin - Didn't reply to AdminPM's

Postby JoanRisu » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:07 am

I'll leave the unbanning to the banning admin, I just wanted to comment on the record so it's understood by those who see this on why this was enforced.

The reason is that it involves our prefbreaking and consent Rules & Guidelines.

Since an AFK player is not around to tell you whether or not you are prefbreaking them, you run the large risk of being inside someone who is not into having someone inside the. This naturally means that you risk a prefbreaking situation.

Then there is the consent aspect. To quote our policy on this:

The dictionary definition of “consent” is “Explicit permission to do something, or an agreement to do something.” On this server, we have OOC consent and IC consent. As long as all participating parties give OOC consent, you’re fine. However, the stipulation is that Consent may be retracted at any time, and without retaliation. While the purpose of this server is scening, vore, and kinks, you are not required to scene with anyone.

Since the AFK player was not present to give you consent nor leave any indication (to my knowledge of this incident) that they have given you or the general public consent to enter them while they were AFK, this policy was assumed to have been violated.

It looks like you understand this already so this is more for those who may run into this appeal's record. It's also understandable that circumstances can lead to missing our PMs.
JoanRisu

Postby TheFurryFeline » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:23 am

I was the one whose LOOCs were ignored, char name being Joshua Parker, standing right next to Anixelle. My sense of basic RP etiquette is that if someone else is standing next to another person, is that you should probably ask either ICly or with an LOOC if you want to be involved into a session that may be happening if two people are sitting alone together. This did not happen, however, and Joey went into the library, climbed up onto the table and initiated mechanics without a single line, forcing themselves into Anixelle's breast while they were busy with work on the side as they'd told them earlier. I wasn't there for that, though, and Joey was playing as a different char but the OOC notes were almost identical after having respawned as another char. But Anixelle's player said to me in DMs that they had told the offending player that she was busy. During that first encounter, I'm told, Joey immediately began taking their char's clothes off before being told that Anix was busy, so the char went off into the corner and "one post AFK'd".

At the moment of the incident that sparked Joey's ban for non-responsiveness, Anixelle was afk for at least 15 minutes with me waiting on her to return for the next line in said scene I was doing with them and when mechanics were initiated, I LOOC'd to Joey "Yo, what" in protest and did not get a response to that nor when I LOOC'd "Are you serious?" This is my biggest issue with what happened, that they ignored the LOOCs on what may well constitute a scene-stomping. I'd like that this also be understood going forward before supporting an unban.
TheFurryFeline

Postby JoJoeleon » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:11 pm

Had I any notion you where in the middle of a scene I would have turned around, but as I had a previous interaction with the Anixelle I knew they'd be in and out of AFK for who knows how long, so in our first meeting I just left.

I don't quite understand as to why you'd want mention me taking off my clothing other than to show I had intent to do what I did from the beginning, but the simple explanation for that is at the time I was testing "WASD" controls and found out that you'd need to hold the "Ctrl" key to enable them, turn around, all that jazz. What I didn't realize was that I accidentally hit some weird hot key that pulled my uniform into my active hand, hence why my clothes fell off with all my belted items, so I gathered them up again and that's when I left. Again, weird you'd mention that, but sorry if it was offensive.

When I came a few minutes later you where next to her, so I left again. On my third round I noticed your still in that same spot after what seemed to be half an hour so I thought you were still waiting with no scene set up, even after nudged you with that grab command.

You're looc's came after everything was all said and done and I THINK I'd already ghosted, so you're communication must've been drowned out by the sudden wall of text that comes since you can listen in on everyone's actions.

It was not my intention to ruin your scene from the so I apologize, but that's still not an excuse for the non - consenting actions I took against Anixelle.
JoJoeleon

Postby TheFurryFeline » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:52 pm

JoJoeleon wrote:You're looc's came after everything was all said and done and I THINK I'd already ghosted, so you're communication must've been drowned out by the sudden wall of text that comes since you can listen in on everyone's actions.

It was not my intention to ruin your scene from the so I apologize, but that's still not an excuse for the non - consenting actions I took against Anixelle.

Hmm. My logs show that I spoke up with LOOCs after you started to grab Anixelle and insert yourself. At that point, you had not ghosted out and I noticed several occurrences where you were actively clicking resist and making the struggle messages show up.
Log:
Kale Hardy climbs onto the wood table!
Anixelle Seren was unbuckled by Kale Hardy!
Kale Hardy has grabbed Anixelle Seren passively!
Kale Hardy has grabbed Anixelle Seren aggressively (now hands)!
LOOC: Joshua Daniel Parker: Yo, what.
Kale Hardy is attempting to make Anixelle Seren ingest Kale Hardy into their right breast!
LOOC: Joshua Daniel Parker: Are you serious?
Kale Hardy manages to make Anixelle Seren ingest Kale Hardy into their right breast!
Anixelle Seren's right breast jostles with movement.
Anixelle Seren's right breast wobbles with a squirming meal.(x2)
Anixelle Seren's right breast wobbles with a squirming meal.
Anixelle Seren's right breast briefly swells outward as someone pushes from inside.
Anixelle Seren's right breast jiggles with motion from inside.(x2)
Anixelle Seren's right breast briefly swells outward as someone pushes from inside.
Anixelle Seren's right breast gushes softly.
Anixelle Seren's right breast jostles with movement.(x2)
Anixelle Seren's right breast fidgets with a trapped victim.

To any admins that look at this thread, I am not angry at all. I'd like to give Joey here a chance, but during these aforementioned struggling, i do not see how they can happen if one was disconnected or ghosted out. During these internal mechanics based struggles, I made an adminhelp and Natje responded while it was still going on.

Also, as for the clothes portion, it's understandable that there would be trouble with the mechanics if you're new to the game itself and figuring out the controls. I'll drop that part of discussions here. As for coming over to the library and leaving and returning, before you returned the third time, you would not have been able to see whether or not there was in fact a line posted or not between Anixelle and Josh because you were not in visual range of it. in this game, roleplay lines are posted in a textual basis and displayed publicly if it's not a subtle emote or a whisper, in which case they show up clearly or visibly to those adjacent to the tile that others are on.

Finally, for the record, Anixelle has said to me in DMs that they were not offended from the lack of forewarning prior to stuffing yourself into her.
TheFurryFeline

Postby JoJoeleon » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:26 pm

Ah, alright so you looc'd twice, so full fault on my part for not replying immediately afterwards, must've just been caught up in the moment.

And for the record it's a relief that neither parties involved have developed some deep animosity towards me due to all that has happened.
JoJoeleon

Postby Natje » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:49 am

I will be unbanning you since you seem to have learned that this isn't an acceptable thing to do. For future reference, remember never to force yourself into people without their OOC consent. Something like what happened there shouldn't be done without it having been talked about OOC prior to it happening.
I was quite confused, considering when I sent the PM, there was no response. Then you seemed to disconnect. Then you came back, ghosted, posted a single letter in deadchat, then disconnected again before I could send another PM.. I would doublecheck logs and such to make sure things went as I think, but I don't yet have access to them, and I'll hold that in your favor.

Do remember, Roleplay is a two-way street, and make sure something like this does not happen again.
Appeal accepted.
Natje

Return to Approved