Postby 911EarlyArther » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:49 am

Byond account and character name: 911EarlyArther
Discord ID (if applicable): Andro#4024
Banning admin: Aces
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Discord
Ban reason given: No reason given
Ban length: No length given, assumed permanent
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): Uncertain
Your side of the story: I posted the :voretax: emoji followed by the :poop: emoji and was then banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe that Ace thought I was telling Dragor (whose character is used in the :voretax: emoji) to eat shit. I wasn't trying to do that, and instead just thought it was a funny post. Haha, poopy, funny. However, I soon after realised that there were probably other things I've done that influenced his decision. I wasn't afraid to fool around with people more than they were comfortable with, and I've come to realise that I should have been more considerate of them. I enjoy playing on Vorestation, and although I'm not banned from the game server, it's nice to be able to take part in and talk with the community.
911EarlyArther

Re: [Ace] 911EarlyArther - No reason given

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:36 pm

Ban reason given on discord was;
Just some asshole who doesn't play here and only exists to annoy people.

I forgot exactly what was the tipping point in your ban, I don't believe it was the 'poop' emoji but I think it was just a collaborative effort of past behavior that eventually led to your ban. Your sense of humour is mostly lost on the majority of the community, where what you think is funny... is actually annoying and edgy humour. Combined with the major lack of playtime on the server over these past few months, which you have said has been because of computer issues, was also a major factor of keeping you around.

You just lack tact, honestly. That or you can't read the audience. People have tried and failed to use 4chan humour in this community and it falls flat. Really flat.

However, I'm willing to give a second chance that you can interact well with the rest of the community. Though, I highly encourage attempting to play the server sometimes instead of just garnering a reputation of; 'Some random who annoys people with edgy humor'.

Support.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Aces » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:09 pm

Me: Who's the idiot who wrote that vague ban reason?
Also me:

Gee, Ace, would have been nice if you left some fucking context about the ban. Any admin notes? Nope. Logs? Probably, but you didn't make them easy to find, and I'm too lazy to deal with your shit, Ace-from-three-months-ago.

Unless another admin can remember anything more specific, I am going to accept this. Someone tell Ace he's an idiot who can't follow his own ban policy.
Aces

Postby PontifexMinimus » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Sure, I'll go ahead and lift it, considering I was personally involved.

Next time try to show some more tact and not try to be overly friendly and familiar with people who aren't your friends.

That's just being a cock.
PontifexMinimus

Return to Approved