MDIAWC - Connected at same time as griefers

Moderator: Game Admins

MDIAWC - Connected at same time as griefers

Postby MDIAWC » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:22 pm

Byond account and character name: Ckey - MDIAWC Character name: (Don't remember exactly, it was "Hussain" something).

Discord ID (if applicable):

Banning admin: pontifexminimus

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban.

Ban reason given: "Connected at the point of three griefers, likely a metaline as ghost to see where to strike and for logging purposes."

Ban length: Permanent.

Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 01/25/2020 GMT +2.

Your side of the story: I am appealing the ban at this point in time as I originally did not bother with creating a forum account since I am not a regular to the server and I did not think too much of it at the time. When I connected to the server last month I received a ban a while after connecting, it stated I was banned on the suspicion that I was meta-ghosting for three griefers. I understand the reasoning and I would like to state I have no connection to these griefers, nor any knowledge of them. When I ghosted I flew around exploring the map for maybe 15-20 minutes before I got interrupted and had to go AFK, I did not disconnect and when I returned about two hours later I had already been banned. The reason I ghosted just after joining the server, was that I wanted to familiarize myself with the layout of the station, as the first time I played here last November/December, I joined as an assistant and went out to explore, mainly running around maintenance and visiting different parts of the station. It was then that I accidentally disrupted someone's RP scene and was questioned by a staff member of why I was acting like I did and I was told to stop, I was also told that my OOC notes or flavor text was not up to standards and that I had to work on them. I got a feeling that people were getting annoyed with my actions I left the server and did not return before the last time when I was banned while ghosting.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe that since I did not have any contact with these griefers, I should not have a ban for meta-communication, and the ban specified that I was to appeal it if I were not connected to the griefers. It is already obvious that I am not a regular to the server, if I were I would probably have appealed it sooner, however, I still do not enjoy having a ban on the server, despite how often I play. I do wish to play here in the future since I think the station's style is cool and unique. As for proof, I can't provide anything other than my word, it's your server and you ultimately decide who gets banned or not.
MDIAWC

Re: MDIAWC - Connected at same time as griefers

Postby PontifexMinimus » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:33 pm

Yeah, sure, I'll give it another shot.

Lifted.
PontifexMinimus

Return to Approved