Moderator: Game Admins

Owl_daddy ban appeal ooc snark

Postby Owl_daddy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:27 pm

Byond account and character name: Owl_daddy / SEC003 - D.1.R.3.W.0.L.F
Discord ID (if applicable): Smugleaf The Snivy#7702
Banning admin: scree
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from whole server
Ban length: permanent?
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 2020-02-05 10:46:23 (GMT)
Your side of the story:

Tried to initiate RP with Stokes-The-Fire on account of them giving an unlawful order. upon which they backed out in LOOC because they didn't like borgs and we came to an understanding about it. but he left before i could tell him that OOC notes does not grant immunity to SOP or the law on the server. i did post this in the OOC by accident as I forgot about the (()) in messages. Round continued as normal till its conclusion, I was never admin helped or given any impression what I had done was wrong. I then tried to get on the server today only to find myself banned. This is what i can remember as it was about 10PM - 1AM GMT when this event took place.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

this was a first offence and i am new to the server. about 5-6 days now and i am new to the concept of RPing in a server. I am Fully aware now that i should not have sent the ooc part when he backed out of the scene.
I do feel regret and deeply apologize to the staff and anyone affected by my actions. i also feel that if the admins contacted me before banning me first to get my side then this could have been resolved easier. but I understand that we are in 2 separate time zones so this decision is understandable. I wish to try better and believe that i can learn from this. if given the chance.

I do hope to hear from you soon

Yours
Owl_daddy.
Owl_daddy

Re: Owl_daddy ban appeal ooc snark

Postby Scree » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:55 pm

If you're offline and we don't have your contact details, then the ban panel is the only way to reach an offline person.

However.

"hey, pounce that guy" isn't exactly an unlawful order worth arresting someone over. It's pretty tame and going full arrest-mode on someone for it is really poor form as security, if that's what you were doing.
And the issue is that OOC notes might not give you immunity to the law (which would be a valid point if they'd actually commited a crime) but they absolutely do give you immunity to being forced into vore or ERP scenes you're not into. When someone uses the OOC escape button and LOOCs to say they don't want to do vore with you, there is no arguing, no negotiation, no complaining - no means no, stop means stop, end of discussion. It's one of the few absolutely concrete lines we have.
If he had actually broken the law, you can still cuff them and drag them to the brig, you just can't use vore to do it. Just... if you're going to do that, make sure it's something actually worth arresting them for.
Scree

Postby Owl_daddy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:06 pm

i am now aware of this... and i was also doing it for the purpose of RP however the main error to kick start the events was me not reading the ooc notes before it started... if i could i would run it differently. and when the LOOC dropped about the uncomfortable i agreed to drop it but i didn't know how to remove cuffs so it evolved in to a bit of plava... i also agree that posting it in the OOC was a very bad move and i wish i never did.
Owl_daddy

Postby Owl_daddy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:10 pm

i am also aware that OOC prefs are paramount above all else. and i am re-reading the server rules to make sure i understand them.
Owl_daddy

Postby Scree » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:44 pm

Alrighty, you don't come across as malicious, just something to bear in mind in the future. Lifted.
Scree

Return to Approved