[verysoft] ChillyFang: Random Violence

Moderator: Game Admins

[verysoft] ChillyFang: Random Violence

Postby ChillyFang » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:50 am

Byond account and character name: ChillyFang/Watona.
Discord ID (if applicable): Chilly#1998
Banning admin: verysoft
Ban type : Game server Ban
Ban reason given: Murdering Randomly and DCing before they could chat with me.
Ban length: Unknown.
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 6:19 AM PST
Your side of the story: I was unaware of the general mentality of the of the station and I didnt not realize that mechanics based resistance (via violence.) And complete IC relationship resets happened between shifts. I am still stuck in very serious RP mindset from my guild RP I do in WoW and was not sure how to react ICly. As for leaving before the admin could get there, I found myself overcome with guild and panic that I did something wrong and I wasnt sure if one was coming. I tried to say I was sorry for it.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have read over the rules much, much more thoroughly now and I understand this server is very hands off when it comes to the games mechanics. I would like to chat it out with an admin to see if there is anything I can do to make up for it, and I'd be more then happy deleting the character upon request.
ChillyFang

Re: [verysoft] ChillyFang: Random Violence

Postby Aces » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:19 am

I wouldn't entirely say the server is hands-off as far as mechanics go, but when you use them is not as commonplace as a normal server.

We run a heavy RP server. The way in which that is different from a low/medium RP or a serious RP server is that mechanics are still available for your use and should be used when the circumstances are practical and reasonable.

To put it in another way, in a low RP server, you can attack someone with no warning and no RP and just beat them to death. In a serious RP server, both parties must not actually attack each other, but emote every action and strike and counter. In Heavy RP, you roleplay until roleplaying is no longer feasible; for example they attacked you first, or you have valid reason to attack them.

From the logs I have seen, it is not a matter of you using mechanics when you're not allowed to. It's that you conducted your assault in a manner which is not believable.

We have a rule about sane and reasonable characters. I'm willing to bet you're not just going to wander up to someone and start the conversation by bashing them with a crowbar unless you were really fucking mad at them. Which, does happen from time to time! We once had a person stab someone to death with no RP on the elevator and they were not punished at all because the build-up to that murder was very believable, as the stabbing victim was previously harassing their attacker to be throughout the entire shift. Your interaction has no such build-up that we are aware of. If this is not the case, now's the chance to explain yourself.

Yes, I know, it's silly to talk about believability in a game where the crew eats each other, but that's just our choice to suspend our disbelief because we're here for the vore. :U
Aces

Postby Aces » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:24 am

I also want to add, as a player, if I don't want to get eaten or lewded by someone, I have the right to speak up in local OOC to tell them to stop. OOC protections apply to erotic RP including but not limited to vore. Everything else however is handled IC. So, if I piss off security and get arrested, I can't complain in OOC.

Let's use an example I experienced.

I was once cornered in maintenance by a predator, one who my character did not want to get eaten by. Not the player. As a player, I didn't mind, but my character is going to do what they can to stay alive. The predator pinned my character down, was thoroughly teasing them, and was about to eat them when I emoted a good swift kick to the crotch as a last ditch effort. When I performed this kick, I targeted the players crotch and used game mechanics to actually hit them, but just once, giving them a chance to reply in-character and possibly with game mechanics.

The predator responded by buckling over and releasing me and I was able to flee.

But it also could have gone that the predator just decides to bite my leg off in retaliation, which they also could have roleplayed before using the hard vore mechanic to rip my leg off.

Maybe if I don't like hard vore I can stop them with a quick LOOC, "Time out. I don't like hard vore."
Aces

Postby VerySoft » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:37 am

Exactly as Ace said. It's not that you used mechanics. It's more that the way you used them was unreasonable.

I'd have talked it out with you if you'd been around on the server at the time. We're not unreasonable. If you think you fucked up, it's honestly best to ahelp and just be like, 'hey I think I made a mistake here' have us come talk to you and help it get fixxed if it need be. If you D/C before we get there, then we really only have the one option.

I looked at the logs though and I don't think you were nessisarily malicious. Just make sure you're being reasonable in your interactions. In this case, the person approaching you was trying to do something that I'm sure they'd hoped you would enjoy oocly. Responding by going straight to clubbing anyone who approaches you such with a crowbar, isn't going to end with anyone being happy.

Just keep it in mind for the future.
VerySoft

Postby ChillyFang » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:38 am

I'll do that, thank you for your time.
ChillyFang

Postby Lio that there snek priest » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:40 am

As the person that you Killed Liodes**

i do also belive you should be given another chance, i dont belive what you did was out of malice.

so yeah, you got my support too, to get unbanned
Lio that there snek priest

Postby ChillyFang » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:42 am

Also was my mistake for implying a lasting IC opinion of a character. I suppose that kind of thing is meta gaming, I need to shake my mindset of huge long term IC relations and such.
ChillyFang

Postby Lio that there snek priest » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:45 am

Though a quick thing i want to add. despite not being any sort of GM or admin.

its not a complete reset each shift, but if you get Non-con eaten, then you cant remember who did and stuff like that.
you have a big hole in your memory, i think the Wiki also states that :)
Lio that there snek priest

Postby Scree » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:09 am

Yeah, character relations are not reset each round, it's only if you die and get resleeved you don't have a complete memory of how you died is all.
Scree

Postby VerySoft » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:20 am

Also, in case it wasn't clear because I colored some words and didn't actually say it explicitly because I'm a dummy:

The appeal was accepted and your ban has been lifted.
VerySoft

Return to Approved