[Ace/Aces] HzDonut - Anti-semitic Post

Moderator: Game Admins

[Ace/Aces] HzDonut - Anti-semitic Post

Postby HzDonut » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:30 pm

Byond account and character name: HzDonut - Jesse Soemmer (Mainly)
Discord ID (if applicable): HzDonut
Banning admin: Ace
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Discord ban
Ban reason given: Technically none since I didn't really get a formal "here's your ban reason" post, but it was due to an offensive message I posted in the discord which was believed to be anti-semitic
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): A week ago or so, can't remember the exact time or go check.
Your side of the story:
Alright, despite literally everybody I asked for advice telling me to not bother, I'm going to actually earnestly try to do this just to at LEAST clear my name even if I'm not unbanned.

Right out the gate: yes, banning me for my message taken at face value is 100% fair, however I think the context of my posts over time helps explain that I do not hold any anti-semitic beliefs whatsoever, in fact I often have to fight others to get rid of THEIR anti-semitic beliefs.

Let me explain: I have not a single ounce of ill-will towards jews or judaism. I've lived around people of jewish faith my whole life and witnessed all the negative bias around them first-hand and even listened to them vent their frustrations about all the hatred they receive. This is why I almost do my best to slap down anybody who comes into discord discussion with a hatred of jews. There is only one specific thing I hate that's related to jews: Zionism. Zionism is a super nationalistic, ethnocentric belief in Isreal that is all about expanding Isreal's borders and the belief that jews are "god's chosen" and are superior to everybody else. Sounds awful, right? It is. So awful that in Isreal right now there is an endless amount of protests against their Zionist leader known casually as "bibi". The reason this party is protested so much? They're the reason for basically all negative stigmas jews recieve. Thus whenever people come into chats ranting about their hatred of "the jews", I'm quick to direct their anger at the proper source if I can even do such a thing (some people are beyond saving, after all). Also, yes I did get warned for making anti-semitic jokes in the past. That's just my edgy humor, I don't believe in any of that whatsoever. It's fine to meme about with friends, but doing that in a public setting is 100% bad. I should've stopped at warning 1 but totally forgot, then ceased after warning 2 due to not wanting to eat a ban just over being an idiot who can't remember how to behave between different discords. Before anyone even says "BUT JOKING MEANS YOU BELIEVE IT" or something like that, as I've heard before, the people I joke with are people of all different backgrounds...including jewish people. I only joke about it because they're comfortable with it and laugh along, hence why I'm bashing my head off the wall for being so dense that I thought just because it was fine to make those jokes in private it would be fine to say them on VORESTATION of all places.

I've also been called out for being "racist against blacks", which is a pretty high quality meme considering I am black (technically mixed, but i'm more black than white and surrounded by black family so it's easier to just say "black"). The reason I'm so outspoken and passionate about the struggles blacks face (i'm saying "black" instead of "african-american" just for ease of typing by the way, same with "jews" instead of "the jewish people" up above, i can tell at least one reader is mad about it) is because this is a social/political topic that directly involves me. When I hear all these issues being deflected under the guise of "racism", it really gets my nerves going because I'd, y'know, rather everything be openly addressed in this day and age of supposed diversity and acceptance. I've watched family members go through the cycle of prison, blame everything on "the white man", and basically never escape poverty and I don't want anybody else to fall for the same fate.

In conclusion, no I am not racist in any fashion, I live amongst people of all races and culture without a single ounce of hatred for the color of their skin or beliefs (except for extremist ones, of course). The sentence you saw that condemned me to getting banned was horribly written in an honest fuckup by myself. I don't know exactly how it happened, and I know it seems really doubtful that someone could just "fuck up" a sentence like that, but you have to believe me here based on my past statements. My only possible theory I have is that due to my fatigue at the time, I mixed up the shit I read in the thread with what I was trying to type, and out popped that horrible sentence. Yes, I feel bad for ever typing such a thing, it's vile and I would've loved to have been able to delete it or fix it up to look better. This brings me to another thing: my supposed status as a "neo-nazi" because I browse /pol/. Look, I don't know how many more times I have to explain this: I don't use /pol/ extensively or anything, I go on there and hit catalogue to see what's being discussed, then beyond that I just go find my own articles and sources unless some are provided in the thread. Even then if the thread has articles from sites of alt-right bias, I disregard them. I'm not some born-yesterday idiot, I'm aware of the site's status and beliefs. I do, however, read through the threads sometimes just for a mix of amusement and seeing what leaps of logic people are making (between all the bait, of course) which is what probably led to that mistake that was mentioned.

If you do actually trust me here and unban me, and I sincerely hope you do considering all the evidence that supports me, then I'll gladly just cease political discussion altogether since it only ever seems to get me in trouble. No more offensive jokes, no more political image posting, no more discussion of politics in that channel in any way. Even pings won't get me talking in there besides a "leave me alone" at worst. I'm as exhausted of the constant arguments in that channel as I'm sure you guys are.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
As that big post above explains, I'm not even remotely racist or anti-semitic in any way. People came into the channel and saw my butchered post and had an extreme (but understandable) reaction to it that led to me being banned before I could thoroughly explain myself or go back and fix the sentence. In fact, if I do actually get unbanned, expect me to go back and grab some choice posts from other users because I got passed down screenies that certainly ticked me off since I was witnessing players using my banned status to spread lies and slander me (hence this post to clear my name). Of course, this will all be kept to DMs if it happens and will be sent to admins as a formal complaint of sorts, no public drama besides this information here - and i'm only posting it here so you guys know that there's a whole other rabbit hole of shit I can't fully go into details about in a public post, but shines some light on this situation nonetheless. Regardless, I just wanna come back to chat to friendly users and post memes again, double promise to not go into political rants or anything anymore since the server is CLEARLY not into that anyways.
HzDonut

Re: [Ace/Aces] HzDonut - Anti-semitic Post

Postby HzDonut » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:32 pm

Sorry for the formatting being a bit shit, I'm not used to using forums anymore. Sad times, right?
HzDonut

Postby Rykka_Stormheart » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:42 pm

Removed by admin.
Last edited by Aces on Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You're not involved.
Rykka_Stormheart

Postby Aces » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:03 pm

Rykka_Stormheart wrote:-redacted-

If you were not involved in the incident, your opinion is not solicited.
Aces

Postby HzDonut » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:23 pm

I mean, it was right in a public discord channel, I figure it'd be everybody's problem because of it. Plus if only people who were actually talking at the time of the incident can contribute, this appeal is going to go nowhere since it was two people besides me, how is that even going to work? Is it only the people directly involved and all admins instead?
HzDonut

Postby HzDonut » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:27 pm

This is a genuine question, by the way. I don't want people to think I'm trying to be "sassy", I honestly don't know who qualifies as "involved" in this instance.
HzDonut

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:53 am

I don't think we should have to keep reminding you that the discord server isn't 4chan. I'm sure there is some that see your dark sense of humor but the majority do not or have a dislike to what seems to be '4chan /pol/ behaviour'. You need to learn to seperate what you can say publicly and what you can say privately, just like what you would do in real life. I'm sure you don't go to the local cafe and start talking about how the jews in the media are failing to do this or that. If you did, I'm sure you'd get a lot of weird looks or even the manager coming over to and going: "Excuse me, can you please leave?"

You should know your audience with how long you've been in the community for. So, you should know what the majority political lean is and what's appropriate to talk about and what's not appropriate to talk about. We should not have to keep reminding you every several months that maybe it ain't a wise idea to say a statement like; "jews in the media", considering that is heavily associated with 4chan /pol/.

You need to make an effort to moderate yourself, think about what you're saying and then take a moment to consider whether or not it is appropriate to say in a public chatroom. I'm willing to give you another chance but improvement is needed because if this occurs again, I'd say your only communication with the community will be through DMs and/or the server or not at all.

Support
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:41 am

+support

I find your appeal to be very well thought out and I'm willing to give it another go.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby DrYeehaw » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:45 pm

Lol, HZ I've always figured you closer to a memelord than a racist. We've all had our fuckups and if we hunted everyone down for the slightest of errors the discord would be 3 abandoned accounts and the discord bot.

Support
Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."
DrYeehaw

Postby HzDonut » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:28 am

I heard sometimes threads just get locked for inactivity or something so I'm just gonna post this to be safe.
HzDonut

Next

Return to Approved