[mrsignmeup] Nova_Eclipse1997 - Permaban

Moderator: Game Admins

[mrsignmeup] Nova_Eclipse1997 - Permaban

Postby Nova_Eclipse1997 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:13 pm

Byond account name and character name: Nova_Eclipse1997/Yin
Discord ID: Nova_Eclipse#3534
Banning Admin: MrSignMeUp
Ban Type: (Permanent) Server Ban
Ban Reason Given: I am unable to bring up the entire ban reason because I don’t really remember it, but the admin who banned me likely will be able to bring it up. However, I will try to summarize what I remember: “Previous breach of SSD rules (I attacked a guy who was SSD’d like an idiot because I didn’t know that he was buckled in and that my Intent setting was on harm), and a violation of Global Rule 4 (child) in my character’s security Records.”
Ban Length: Permanent.
Approximate Time Ban was Placed (including the time zone): Again, unable to remember precisely due to not having a screenshot, but roughly July 22, at ~9:00 or 9:30 EST.
Your Side of the Story: I have no excuses for either part of the reasoning for my ban. In the excitement of joining servers where I can play and spend time with people who share my interests, I tend to forget to read server rules and assume that the general “No racism, sexism, toxic behavior, griefing, suicide threats and more” rule set is what I need to abide by.

I make no excuses for the fact that I violated Rule 4 in my character’s security records, aside from perhaps that I was too caught up in writing a backstory in the security records for Yin that I failed to comprehend that anything to do with children being harmed would be unacceptable. In hindsight, I should have known that as easily as I know the sky is blue, but the saying that hindsight is 20/20 still applies.

Why you think you should be unbanned: It was a severe mistake on my part to not read the rules, even if I was so excited to join, and I will gladly own the responsibility for my mistakes.

The actions that led to my ban were completely without ill-intent; I never really wanted to kill an SSD player because I was still getting used to the game and panicked, and never in my life would I want to do anything to a child that would be harmful or worse.

On other sites, such things might be fetishized or fantasized about, but I understand that such things are unacceptable here, and I acknowledge my mistakes and accepted them after the realization I’d been banned set in. I apologize for all of it, and will own up to the consequences for as long as you deem fit. It’s only fair that since you all make the rules for the server and Discord that I respect your decisions.

Whatever the result of this appeal, I will accept.

All I really want is a second chance on the server, since there is no other game or server on SS13 that has given me the experiences I have had on VORE Station. I want to be able to go on the server, have fun and maybe even make new friends, but I will understand if you believe that I’m not ready to rejoin. We’ve all made mistakes, whether through ignorance or not, and I’m deeply regretful about the mistake I made.

On a side note, I’m not saying that I am 100% “okay” with my appeal being rejected - I simply understand that the circumstances involved and the severity of what I did or did not do might end with you choosing to reject this appeal. I know that that is a possibility, and should it come to that point where my appeal is rejected...I will completely understand and respect your decision, and will accept the one-month wait between perma-ban appeals.

Thank you for your time.
Nova_Eclipse1997

Re: [mrsignmeup] Nova_Eclipse1997 - Permaban

Postby Mewchild » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:32 pm

For the ban reason, if you try connecting to the server, it'll be given to you automatically
Mewchild

Postby Nova_Eclipse1997 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:25 am

I logged back in to the server, and will attach a photo of the ban reason exactly as it read out on the screen. The image quality may be low due to the fact that I had to take the photo quickly before the screen reverted to the “Dream Seeker may be experiencing a problem” screen.

Please note that, as stated previously, part of the reason behind my ban was that I had failed to read the rules, and so did not know about Global Rule 4 when I got too caught up in writing my character’s security records to question whether it was a good idea to include what I did. None of it was meant with ill-intent, and I would never even think about doing what got me banned. It was a shortsighted and inexcusable error that I regret making in the first place.

If there are two of the same image attached, then that is because I am unfamiliar with how to attach images or attachments on this site.
Nova_Eclipse1997

Postby Nova_Eclipse1997 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:54 am

Because the last post did not have the photo of my ban reason (the file size was too large, and editing it hasn't been able to reduce it to the maximum 256Kb size), I hope that double-posting here to show you the ban reason doesn't invalidate my appeal.

The ban reason reads as follows, with no edits made:

Previously warned about attacking/voring people that are disconnected. Upon inspection, their security records stated that their character LITERALLY RAPED TWO KIDS AND VORED THEM! We have a zero tolerance for any reference towards kids being used in a sexual manner. This is extremely unacceptable.

This ban was applied by mrsignmeup on 2019-7-24 17:12:25.

Again, I did not edit the ban reason whatsoever. All emphasis and capital letters were put in the ban reason solely by mrsignmeup.

I will not deny that that was what was on my character's security records. It is unacceptable, and I know and sincerely regret that now. I was too caught up in writing Yin's security records to realize that it was almost certainly a horrible idea to have something like that in my character's info. However, I had genuinely forgotten that that was in there due to having written it a day or two before; I will admit that had I been a responsible and intelligent adult, I would have read the rules instead of being over-excited by the prospect of joining a vore server.

I'm frankly ashamed I was that much of an idiot to include something like that on a server that clearly has rules in place to prevent people from getting the server shut down for having anything illegal in there. It is my fault and mine alone for including it, and I hope that you will at the very least take this into account as you deliberate about whether to approve my appeal or not.

Thank you for your time.
Nova_Eclipse1997

Postby Scree » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:52 am

I'm not even going to repeat what was entered into the records in question because frankly I don't want it showing up in searches. mrsignmeup's all-caps description doesn't do justice to the level of detail provided.
Scree

Postby Slingblade (old) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:25 am

I feel as though I should lend my opinion on this matter. Nova has been keeping a dialogue with me since they asked about how to appeal and have shown great regret and remorce. Theyre not a malicious person, nor are they the type to spurn a second chance. They got carried away and fell into a trap that is, frankly, completely accepted in other vore circles that are close to us. Ekas? Underaged prey is completely fine. Hell we advertise on Ekas, are you to be surprised that people who enjoy that content might come here? F-list? Entire communities accept it. Im not downplaying what they wrote, or how unacceptsble it is, but I find this reaction to be a bit kneejerk.

Nova has gone great lengths to build their appeal and discuss the nature of the ban with me. If anyone is more repentant I would be surprised. I strongly request that you rethink the permaban, even if that means making it a temporary ban that lasts a month or greater.
Slingblade (old)

Postby Scree » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:40 am

Resh is away and can't get on server right now, but he's happy to lift the ban on the proviso that the moment you hop on the server you immediately rework your sec records to remove the material in question.
Scree

Postby Nova_Eclipse1997 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:36 am

I will do so the moment I get on, whenever I log on. I am very thankful that I am being given this chance, I...I have no words to describe how much this means to me.

Thank you.
Nova_Eclipse1997

Postby Scree » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:11 am

Alright, be good.
But seriously, chill on messing with AFK/SSD people unless their notes say they're okay with it. Even then, make sure what you're planning to do with them matches up with the rest of their notes.
Scree

Return to Approved