Holland Cooper Ban Appeal

Moderator: Game Admins

Holland Cooper Ban Appeal

Postby Meowcii » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:07 am

b]Byond account and character name
[b]Discord ID: Meowcii#8853
[b]Banning admin: I don't remember
[b]Ban type: Banned from whole server.
[b]Ban reason given: It was a month or two ago. I think "something something vodka something something garbage chute. killed themselves. read the rules."
[b]Ban length: Perma with a chance to be unbanned if i make this, according to the admin who did it
[b]Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): How would anyone reasonably remember this? I'm also pretty new to SS13 so I wouldn't even know how to find this info.
[b]Your side of the story: I was trying to lie out of the ban, pretending I know the rules and game mechanics when I don't. Holland, (my character) was a bit stressed and drank two bottles of vodka. (OOC, I didn't know this could kill you.) I then proceeded to wonder around the station before entering a garbage chute. (Not knowing it would kill me.) I told the admin i was suicidal IC, and i got banned and told to read the rules and maybe i'd get unbanned.
[b]Why you think you should be unbanned: Big misunderstanding. Really like the server. Would be happy if I got unbanned.
Meowcii

Re: Holland Cooper Ban Appeal

Postby Aces » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:54 pm

I'm told you were bragging in the Discord server about how we "forgot to ban you" from the Discord.

You're aware that I don't typically ban people from Discord when what they did only broke an in-server rule, right?

This inclines me to view you as insincere in everything you've posted. Your attitude reeks of being a shitter.
Aces

Postby Meowcii » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:52 pm

I wasn't "bragging" I was saying that if I hadn't been banned from the discord when I was banned from the server, I wouldn't be banned now. It was sincere, but if you don't want to believe me, I can't really change that.
Meowcii

Postby Aces » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:00 pm

Gimmie a minute then. Gonna get the admin who claimed that.

btw if you attempt to log in it should display your ban reason
Last edited by Aces on Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added clarification
Aces

Postby DrYeehaw » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:01 pm

Yeah no, I was doing something on the side, saw that after someone pinged me and assumed the worst after being on a hot streak of "ban them and forget" being the right action.

I made the wrong call here and I'm sorry about it.
Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."
DrYeehaw

Postby Meowcii » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:05 pm

Pontifexminimus was the person who banned me from the SS13 server itself.
I had lied to him as if I knew what I was doing, saying I felt suicidal. I hadn't read the rules at that point and not knowing that 2 bottles of booze could kill me and not knowing the trash chute could kill me. Was told once I read the rules I could appeal.
Meowcii

Postby Aces » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:06 pm

I assume that's a appeal approved for the Discord half of things.

So that just leaves the server half of things.
Aces

Postby Meowcii » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:07 pm

that's what i appealed for in the first place. the server.
Meowcii

Postby Meowcii » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:09 pm

Also, If you'd rather talk about this over discord than on here, I'd be fine with that. it just seems simpler.
Meowcii

Postby Aces » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:32 am

I prefer to keep all ban discussions in the unban forum for the sake of transparency on both sides.

Furthermore, your appeal does not say your username. We cannot unban you without your ckey. Now I'm smart enough to assume that your ckey is also Meowcii, but because you have not said that yourself, the process is delayed because I've been confused before by incorrect usernames so I am playing it safe.

Also, we need your ban reason. I already explained how to obtain this.
Aces

Next

Return to Approved