[PontifexMinimus] Heroman3003 - Command positions Jobban

Moderator: Game Admins

[PontifexMinimus] Heroman3003 - Command positions Jobban

Postby Heroman3003 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Byond account and character name: Heroman3003, Lauren Zackson
Discord ID (if applicable): Heroman#3003
Banning admin: PontifexMinimus aka Dragor
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Jobban from command positions (all heads of staff + secretary)
Ban reason given: "Continued toxic and elitist behaviour. Threatening engineers over not consolidating SMES in solars, harassing CMOs for not doing slime reactions, all in the comfort of their chief engineer position. I don't think they can be trusted with this and are detrimental to other people learning and playing jobs."
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 18.08, late night previous day or early morning GMT... approximately that, dont have exact.
Your side of the story: Not much to say there. I knew that my views of mentality with which engineering and heads of staff are meant to be played were pretty backwards for this server, and did try to work my thinking away from those, but completely failed, as I regularly slipped into older habits, sometimes getting other players under the bus of my unnecessarily strong views being percieved by me as 'universally correct', and completely missing the wrongness part of my actions unless pointed at it directly.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Reflecting on why I had these exact opinions and thoughts on the game and why they were so strong after the ban did give me a clearer picture of 'what is inheirently wrong' with that that. I have been working my mentality away from those, and do want to believe that realizing why I feel so specifically about certain aspects of specific roles and job duties, did help me to avoid repeating the similar reactions as before, and generally believe that over time I can entirely work those principles out of my head. As of now, I do find myself able to catch slipping into those habits when it comes to judging others on screwed up standards, and with knowing where those came form, believe I can continue doing so going forward.
Heroman3003

Re: [PontifexMinimus] Heroman3003 - Command positions Jobban

Postby PontifexMinimus » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:13 pm

Well, this is a permanent one and I still feel like this should be lingering around for a while, especially because this behaviour caused a general call to the community and still it was continued.

However, I have heard you are doing much more better and you weren't a bad Chief Engineer, considering you did teach quite a few people how to engineer.

I'll give this a bit more thought, but currently I'm willing to reduce it to a month job ban.
PontifexMinimus

Re: [PontifexMinimus] Heroman3003 - Command positions Jobban

Postby Aces » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:43 am

Ban reduced.

However due to the fucky nature of job bans I am going to leave this thread out in the open but locked so that it can remind us to remove the ban when the month is out. if we forget to remove the ban at the end of the month, do not be afraid to remind me or another admin and reference this post as proof.
Aces

Return to Approved