[JerTheAce] HzDonut - QC Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

Re: [JerTheAce] HzDonut - QC Ban

Postby Aces » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:59 am

From July 10th, Citadel chat.

For the record, I don't allow people to do that in Virgo chat, bitching about Citadel.

I frankly don't give a shit how accurate or twisted your version of events is. My inclination is nonetheless to tell you to go fuck yourself. If your efforts to help Virgo were sincere, we wouldn't be here right now. I've listened to some pretty nasty criticism, but when it's focused where I want it, which is directly at the admin staff, then I don't punish people for it no matter how much it pisses me off, because I know there's an amount of truth to it.

But when you do this, when you stand and soapbox and try to incite a riot based on your own version of events, it doesn't matter how accurate your rendition is. Everyone else is still going to screw it up, and like any gossip, the problem just gets worse as the understanding of the situation becomes compounded even worse.

In my opinion, you've learned absolutely nothing, and still have no idea why we banned you.
Last edited by Aces on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: elaborating
Aces

Postby HzDonut » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:16 am

Ah, yeah. For a while I was still extremely salty about what had happened on Virgo and brought all that salt into the citadel chat, then I got told by an admin (I believe it was ZeroNetAlpha) that the complaining was getting tiresome and I cut the crap. After I got all my pent-up frustration out of my system (and got that warning), I then mellowed out and only brought up Virgo when asked or when people were talking about features they didn't fully know about (virgo whitelists, virgo species, shadekin, etc.) Sure it took a little bit for me to fully drop it, but I still did, and I'm pretty sure I even apologized for ruining chats with my whining back then.
HzDonut

Postby Aces » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:18 am

Interesting. Can you have ZeroNetAlpha confirm this?
Aces

Postby Aces » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:22 am

Or, any admin really, who was present. You have one vouching for you already so there may be truth to what you claim.
Aces

Postby HzDonut » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:35 am

Well here's the DMs from the incident: https://imgur.com/a/5U1Jmf0
I mean I personally think I already was showing some clear signs of improvement due to not getting combative and snotty at the first sign of an admin getting on my case about something, I just accepted the warning, said sorry, and moved on.

If you want a screenshot of them confirming the fact they've not had to warn me for talking about virgo again, it'll have to wait until they wake up though. The only other time they've had to contact me for poor behavior was earlier this month (8/16/18) where I got a bit too heated during an argument about main along with a few other people. That's the only other time I've had an admin outright warn me to cease my behavior, the rest of the times I started getting pissy and rude instead of just contributing to an argument, I'd leave for a bit and cool off before joining back in.
HzDonut

Postby VerySoft » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:02 pm

I'm really conflicted.

I don't know you really, we talked a couple of times about shadekin things, but I'd seen the effects you had on a bunch of people across the server. People would cryo out of jobs because you were around at the worst of it, and you stirred up a lot of trouble reasonably regularly.

However, I did notice at the very end, just before your ban when all the dust from that latest public fuss was still fresh, that you'd seemed to be making an effort to improve your behavior on the server, and that for a few days at least, you seemed to be having pretty consistently positive interactions. That said, I still think the ban was justified to give you time to really cool off and understand how you've affected people.

But I'll support you coming back if the pattern of taking critique to heart and actively trying to better yourself continues.
VerySoft

Postby Wumbus » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:13 pm

HzDonut wrote:If I wasn't one-hundred percent confident in my ability to not royally fuck up, I wouldn't have gone through with opening this since, well, if I messed up again I'd be banned again and any effort I put in would be wasted.

That said though, go ahead and say what you want guys, I'll gladly answer anything or take any criticism you have. Don't worry about being too harsh, I'll be able to handle it just fine.

HzDonut wrote:Well here's the DMs from the incident: https://imgur.com/a/5U1Jmf0
I mean I personally think I already was showing some clear signs of improvement due to not getting combative and snotty at the first sign of an admin getting on my case about something, I just accepted the warning, said sorry, and moved on.

If you want a screenshot of them confirming the fact they've not had to warn me for talking about virgo again, it'll have to wait until they wake up though. The only other time they've had to contact me for poor behavior was earlier this month (8/16/18) where I got a bit too heated during an argument about main along with a few other people. That's the only other time I've had an admin outright warn me to cease my behavior, the rest of the times I started getting pissy and rude instead of just contributing to an argument, I'd leave for a bit and cool off before joining back in.

My guy, you need a healthier outlet, just because you want to come back doesn't mean it'd be good for you or the community. I think you can be a fun player on the server, when you aren't going completely bonkers over trivial shit. At the end of the day, the server exists primarily for us to get our rocks off, even if it ends up getting more creative in terms of development. Either way, even just as short as two weeks ago you seem to have regressed into past habits. Currently, you're setting yourself up to fail and I would give it more time. Honestly, to show any actual change, you'd need to at least not have any sort of behavioral issues/warnings for at least 2-3 months. As I see it, if you were unbanned today, you'd be 100% banned by the end of the year, and I'd like it if you would be able to stay around longer than that.
Wumbus

Postby HzDonut » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:47 pm

For context about that incident, I didn't just get angry over some mundane nonsense, I was escalated up to just being a bit snippy and frustrated because the person I was arguing with was flip-flopping between combative and completely dismissive of me and the others trying to talk to them (for example, one of us would tell the main...I don't know what to call them, 'antagonist' of the argument? Anyways, they'd tell them their thoughts, sometimes in a completely civil manner, sometimes in a more aggressive manner, and the person would just respond with "*yawn". How do you not get a bit upset at that happening to you?). The reason for my ban was being toxic. That incident was just me being like any other human being and getting frustrated at an argument that I then walked away from when I realized it wasn't going anywhere and just escalating more and more. If I remember right, I actually came back an hour later to see the fight still happening. The warning I received was actually less of a warning and more of a short conversation adding some context to the situation, then a request for me to not add salt to another growing mountain in the future, so to speak. I haven't been warned since, this was by the same admin (ZeroNetAlpha). My DM logs with them are literally just these two incidents and nothing more. Still waiting for them to come online though to confirm all this, sadly. If you don't really believe that me going from endlessly arguing with someone until an admin comes in and has to kick me to make it stop to being able to notice that things are going wrong and then leaving isn't improvement though, I don't really know what to say besides the fact I don't really plan on getting involved with the "politics" and drama of the server at all if I'm allowed back in. I just want to hang out and be mellow with everyone again, maybe join the server from time to time to scene with some friends or new faces.
HzDonut

Postby Emberell » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:28 pm

Over the last couple of months, I've seen HzDonut trying to improve themself. From getting everyone's sides of the story, to really digging in deep to what was the root of the problems that they caused on the server. I can't say much about what goes on in her private worlds, but I've seen them reaching out to mend fences and build bridges to keep themself from ever being in the same position again - which is to say, where others around her are being harmed without their knowledge.

It's the little things I've seen in the way they talk and act, where I can say for certain that while two months may seem not a long time, they have come leaps and bounds in making sure that spilling of "salt" are more or less entirely contained, rather than unleashed where others (admins or bystanders alike) would say they don't belong. More, as a few have mentioned, they are delightful company to have on the server. I can say for sure that her return has my full support, as they have taken control of their worse aspects, and however things are, they add a certain kind of like to the server that can be felt all the way down to the library, from someone who just listens in to comms.

- Ember
Emberell

Postby brokenpaw » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:03 pm

Hello there, my name is Gavin J. Bishop otherwise known as Brokenpaw. I come from a far away station known as Citadel RP, it's a quiet place and runs pretty smoothly. I have been asked by Mr/Mrs Donut to speak on their behalf regarding their behavior ICly and OOCly in-game and on discord.

They have proven thus far to be nothing but pleasant and enjoyable in regards to RP and just idly chit-chatting in discord. I have not seen any incident where they've caused trouble or started "some shit" with anyone. They are mostly a quiet person and only adding input to things when asked, or they just post memes in the #meme channel.
They get on, do their job, RP, have fun. There's been no problems arising from them anywhere as far as I'm concerned. Whatever incidents in the past they have caused here I truly believe they are sincere in their apology.

It is now at this time I would graciously request that you pardon them for their previous behavior and reinstate their citizenship aboard VIRGO, henceforth. I thank you for your time today, please have a productive shift.

-A concerned citizen
brokenpaw

PreviousNext

Return to Approved