[JerTheAce] HzDonut - QC Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

[JerTheAce] HzDonut - QC Ban

Postby HzDonut » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:36 pm

Byond account and character name: HzDonut. Jesse Soemmer as a main.

Discord ID (if applicable): HzDonut

Banning admin: JerTheAce

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server and Discord entirely. Quality Control ban.

Ban reason given: https://imgur.com/a/Fqrn1le

Ban length: Permanently.

Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-06-01, 20:07:19

Your side of the story: At the time of the ban, I was pretty ignorant about what was really going on with the admin and player team. The things people tried to tell me either got waved off as "people being salty" or went right over my head at the moment since, from my point of view, I was just surrounded by friends who told me the complete opposite of what the admin team was telling me. Naturally, of course, I believed my friends. Clearly, this wasn't the best move as their attempts at just soothing me when I came to them distressed inadvertently lead to me taking their words as the absolute truth, and so a really annoying pattern of me being a dick and then not understanding why people thought I was a dick began.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Like I said above, I was genuinely oblivious to anything people said or hinted at to me about my poor behavior unless they got really blunt and persistent in telling me what I was doing wrong (Like Ace did before my ban when he was telling me to start actually providing constructive criticism whenever I started talking about something, which I did genuinely try to do). To make matters worse, if they were even slightly rude in how they were telling me about my behavior, I quickly would turn hostile and dismiss anything they said as hurtful lies instead of thinking to myself that maybe there was some truth to their words. Hell, I didn't even think my ban was anything other than "made up bullshit" until people approached me in DMs after to calmly explain the situation, at which point I then immediately jumped onto my computer to post the first appeal. Honestly, I was trying my absolute best there to convey my extremely conflicted and jumbled emotions, and it absolutely flopped due to me wording things in the most douchebaggy way possible. I ain't going to sit here and correct everything I said there though, just understand that I was still extremely confused and didn't truly understand the situation at all back then, now after talking with people more I actually get what was happening: My perceived "totally fine, if a little rude" behavior was actually much, much worse than "a little rude" and I was really upsetting people...just at the time whenever I'd go to ask people "Wait am I actually being as rude as they say???" I'd get "No, no, you're being honest and they're the ones who're assholes." Not a very healthy situation to be in, right? Anyways, nowadays I just float between a bunch of servers and never really stir up any trouble, and I've been encouraged to throw another appeal up so here I am. Really, I just want to be able to easily contact some of the friends I ended up leaving behind again, and have a place to retreat to in order to get away from all the antags and chaos for a while to just roleplay and get a bit freaky with people, y'know?

Oh and here's the first appeal if anyone wants to read that: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1368
HzDonut

Re: [JerTheAce] HzDonut - QC Ban

Postby bitesthedust » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:55 pm

HzDonut, you've hurt a LOT of people during your time on VIRGO. Why should we let you come back?

If your reason is to "easily contact some of the friends" you left and have a "place to retreat", just make your own discord and an invite your support group to it. The community should not have to deal with your issues.

You have a terrible attitude towards a good chunk of the community, and nothing you have said so far has convinced me otherwise. You consistently assume the absolute worst of everyone, and even blunt criticism is usually met with suspicion.

As a former friend i'll say this, surround yourself with friends who will actually be critical of you rather then offer mindless support.

I dont' know who encouraged you to throw an appeal up, but I think its still too soon to consider letting you back in. Get involved with another community and get some people to vouch for you.

If you think i'm wrong and want to talk, my dms are open.
bitesthedust

Postby HzDonut » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:45 pm

Bites, we haven't even talked since my ban, dude. All I've really been doing nowadays and posting memes and trying out servers like DMCA, TG, InterBay, some citadel here and there too, etc. Plus I don't have any negative attitude towards "a large chunk of the community", hell I didn't even have that kind of attitude while I was all dramatic and shitty. The only people I remember having a big fit about were the admins and maybe one or two players (outside of those times I got real pissy and lashed out at everyone, ouch), and now I know that the admins were acting pretty reasonable considering what an ass I was being. Plus I don't even know what those players I had problems with are like anymore either, for all I know we could get along just fine now. It's been about two months, man. Look, I know I said how sorry I am plenty of times in past ban appeals, but believe me when I say hearing how much I hurt people really hurt me too. Being known as a salty shitter was one thing, being known as an abusive, abrasive cunt is a whole other punch to the gut. So much so that I really didn't talk to Virgo people for a while before I opened up again. Despite all the shit flinging and drama starting, I really did love this server and its players, hence why I even bothered to appeal all those bans in the past. I have some good memories from this place and I made some good friends too, plus a few of them are also egging me on with this appeal because they "miss me", I'd love to show up in-game again to coddle them.

...also I thought admins had to open a topic to community discussion before people could post, am I wrong about that?
HzDonut

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:54 pm

Opinions/Comments from the community are closed unless stated otherwise by a headmin/banning admin. So, for those that have opinions on this matter. Please refrain from posting until Ace or a headmin can open it up to the community, thank you.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Aces » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:03 pm

Aces wrote:[*]If you are not an admin or directly involved with the appeal (You are the guy who was banned, you saw what happened, you were his victim, etc.) then do not post in the appeal. Repetitive ignoring of this rule will get you banned off the forum. Only the involved admin(s) or Aces can override this and open an appeal thread up to the whole community.

Bites has every right to post.

That said, I am opening this to community discussion anyway.

That also said, I have absolutely no desire to have this player back. It's hard for me to believe the words as sincere considering I had to lay it out so bluntly for you to understand it. For all I know you're just telling me what I want to hear, while your record indicates you'll probably just go back to what you were doing.

Previous ban appeals in chronological order first to last (not including this one):
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1202 - Approved
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1353 - Approved
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1212 - Approved
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1368 - Denied
Last edited by Aces on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarification
Aces

Postby HzDonut » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:10 pm

If I wasn't one-hundred percent confident in my ability to not royally fuck up, I wouldn't have gone through with opening this since, well, if I messed up again I'd be banned again and any effort I put in would be wasted.

That said though, go ahead and say what you want guys, I'll gladly answer anything or take any criticism you have. Don't worry about being too harsh, I'll be able to handle it just fine.
HzDonut

Postby nerdass » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:12 pm

I can understand the problem with having a group of friends that are supportive blacking out other people's criticism.

I support this on the condition that you actually, sincerely, actively try to pay closer attention to the fact that maybe, just maybe, if a bunch of people are upset at you, they might actually have a reason to be upset and listening to them might help you learn ways to go about having fun without continuing to cause problems.

I think you can be a good person when you try, you just need to be more chill.
nerdass

Postby HzDonut » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:14 pm

I completely forgot to mention this, but I also pretty much stopped with the alcohol outside of a few drinks during voice chat parties. If any of you remember, that was one of the big causes of me turning up on the discord suddenly throwing out insults and ranting about my emotions like crazy. Really should've put that in the initial post, sorry.
HzDonut

Postby Fractious » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi there, I'm Fractious, Game Administrator on Citadel Station.

I've been asked by HzDonut if I could vouch for them for their appeal on your server, to which I gladly accept.
I think Donut is a great player/roleplayer and that you guys should let them another chance, if you wish, off course.
I've seen them play for one month already, and they didn't caused any trouble in all that playtime. They can be vocal about their opinion, but only in the goal of improving the server(s) they love so much.
I hope this helps to prove that they improved as a player, and that they should have a second chance.

Cordially,
Fractious

Postby bitesthedust » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:32 am

Donut i'm skeptical that in the short time since your ban you managed to change your outlook on things, and it annoys me that you immediately wrote off my concerns about your attitude.

I dont' care if you were oblivious because your friend group kept saying you were in the right, you were the one who insisted on surrounding yourself with these people in the first place. The fact you're blaming them for your earlier behavior doesn't look good either.
and another thing..

"believe me when I say hearing how much I hurt people really hurt me too."

You are NOT the victim here, and do not try to frame yourself as one. You have a history of lying to and manipulating people, and at this point I don't even think you are aware you're doing it. I was always super open with you about how I felt and incredibly blunt about my thoughts on the things you did. I trusted you and in the end I ended up getting burned....badly.

I'll admit getting the admin to vouch for you looks good, but i'm still not convinced you've truly changed. If the community gives a compelling argument, i'll be willing to change my mind. Until then I think you should not be allowed to come back. No Support
bitesthedust

Next

Return to Approved