[JerTheAce] HzDonut - QC Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

Re: [JerTheAce] HzDonut - QC Ban

Postby HzDonut » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:28 am

Another vouch from a member of citadel's admin team.
https://i.imgur.com/ekt8XMy.png
(I tried to just embed the image, but the preview shows it cut off. Just going to leave the link here instead.)
HzDonut

Postby Duckybun » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:10 am

I've been on hiatus for a while but I still felt the need to weigh in.

To start off, I do give my support towards this unbanning, but certainly with a caveat. You have to have improved and be able to show it. In my time playing and talking I can say I've seen my fair share of misconduct from you. On station I saw you send a dead body down disposals because their player was a griefer/troublemaker and they had been banned. On the discord I saw you snap at a newcomer for talking ICly. When you were reprimanded for these things, it was entirely justified. Thing is, you seem to understand that.

In the days leading up to the ban you seemed to be genuinely improving, becoming a more mellow person. I believe your criticisms came from a place of love, even if they were sometimes too abrasive. If your trajectory as a person before you were let go is anything to go by then I think I can trust that in the intervening months you've had a improvement in character and conduct, sufficient enough that you should have a place here. Support.
Soft bun bun
Duckybun

Postby bitesthedust » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:57 am

The fact you're going out and improving yourself SOUNDS nice but we've seen this pattern before. I don't doubt you're sincerely trying, but the usual pattern is you going out to improve, THINKING you've improved, then becoming completely shocked when somebody tells you otherwise. Your first ban appeal is a testament to that.

I'm sure everyone would feel less hesitant if you could get some endorsement from somebody you had burned in the past and allegedly made amends with. I remember one of your final acts before the ban was apologizing to people in dms.
bitesthedust

Postby Mewchild » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:18 am

I'll come in and give my testimony, as someone who was often on the receiving end of Donut's ire in the past, especially in the weeks leading up to their bad. Donut and I have had differences, and there's no love lost between the two of us... but I've seen improvement in Donut myself, greatly so, in the past months on the citadel server and discord. I wouldn't think it was the same person that was banned from Virgo, if I didn't know better. I wholeheartedly support Donut's return to the server.
Mewchild

Postby HzDonut » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:35 pm

https://imgur.com/a/bb3NGiX

Here's ZeroNetAlpha confirming that I was never spoken to again after the first warning.
HzDonut

Postby Amanda » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:23 pm

Since it is open for the community, here are my two cents:

I have no idea who this person is, or why he has such a long ban record (Thats usually not a good thing)

Potentially it could be a good idea to have such people return on some sort of IC trial. You could for example limit him to Assistant and Visitor roles like someone who just came out of jail and has to prove that they dont fuck up their first jobs. That way I guess the chaos they can cause is limited...

Actually that could be a good thing: Make playing a parolled character a requirement and see if he can find people to apprentice him ICly...
Amanda

Postby Aces » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:28 pm

That is a rather novel suggestion. I would have to run it by the other admins to see what they think.
Aces

Postby HzDonut » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:59 pm

That'd work for someone who was banned for being unable to function like a normal crewmember (greytiding, self-antagging, etc.), not for me. I'm banned for toxic behavior. I don't need to be watched and banned from all jobs but Assistant to make sure I don't print a ton of guns and shoot up the place or anything, c'mon.
HzDonut

Postby HzDonut » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:00 pm

I have gone through such a period in the past for one character though and it was...pretty awful. A solid month of just being able to play service jobs isn't really the most fun thing in the world.
HzDonut

Postby nerdass » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:08 pm

pardon me if this sounds unprofessional as fuck but I'm just adding on to my previous support

if they fuck up again they fuck up again, but at the very least it seems like there's a genuine attempt to atone for their previous problems. they should be given a chance to prove they've changed because anyone can say they changed

that said, don't go in space lobby drunk if you do end up coming back because you're a fucking shithead when you're drunk dude.
nerdass

PreviousNext

Return to Approved