[Nerdass]Wtfismyname-Suicide joke ban

Moderator: Game Admins

[Nerdass]Wtfismyname-Suicide joke ban

Postby WTFismyname » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:42 pm

Byond account and character name:WTFismyname Ruet
Banning admin:Nerdass
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban
Ban reason given: "Threatening to kill themselves ironically in response to a ban."
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 6th of august? Maybe a little longer? It's been about a month
Your side of the story: I was making jokes to other people about how I'm not going to kill myself over a week ban from the station after Dragor and I had a blue, thinking it would be funny, I told K't I'd "neck myself" meaning hang, I didn't anticipate it would be poorly received, but it was. Just wrong joke to the wrong person.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's a joke. I realise it was too the wrong person and all that, but I didn't mean it remotely seriously. I'll avoid these kind of jokes to people in the future. Just struck me as a bit of an over-reaction, but, rules are rules, and it was K't's call in the end.
WTFismyname

Re: [Nerdass]Wtfismyname-Suicide joke ban

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:33 pm

It's been some time and I think a lot of things have cooled down with the time off. I see no problem in letting you back in. Just be self-aware of when it is a proper time to make 'jokes' and make sure those jokes are actually, y'know, funny and not implicating self-harm.

Support.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Re: [Nerdass]Wtfismyname-Suicide joke ban

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:44 pm

There have been incidents in the past, so we tend to be very serious about such things.

That being said, I feel you've learned the lesson. I'll |` this appeal.
Demicus_Maximus

Return to Approved