Ban Appeal

Moderator: Game Admins

Ban Appeal

Postby Syzagy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:46 am

Byond account and character name : A.Roche/Bijot-Jeen
Banning admin: Unknown
Ban type (What are you banned from?):Job Banned form Security for what looks like permanent timeframe
Ban reason: Excessive Violence
Ban length: Permanent Ban
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-06-07 05:41:01
Your side of the story: I had logged in as Sec Officer with Several friends who wish to remain anonymous at this time. while logged in and doing my rounds I walked into the Bar and was observing the Patrons. I was about to leave when one of the patrons made an Rude/Racial Comment about my Character (Naga/ Big Hooded Cobra). I asked her respectively to keep such comments to herself and she promptly fired back with another, this exchange continued and I warned her that such actions where against Space Law but she still made comments, I was getting more than a little upset at this point due to the fact that on every station that I play such a character I always receive such comments and its more than a bit frustrating. So I preceded to stun batton her when she resisted my trying to handcuff her and while taking her to lockup she attempted to escape and I hit her with an inactive batton because I was sick of her running her mouth. I understand that was the wrong way to go about it and it was such a long time ago to be filling out the appeal now and Im sorry I truly am for everything that occurred.
Last edited by Aces on Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added the exact time the ban was applied.
Syzagy

Re: Ban Appeal

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:18 am

Ah, manual bans behave oddly. Let me provide the full reason as I was the banning admin.

After review by Central Command (and the admin staff), your use of excessive force has lead to your termination from the Security department. Beating someone half to death because your boss is no longer around to yell at you is not acceptable

Jobbaned from Security after they severely beat another crewmember, during an arrest for 'insulting an officer on duty", and then denying them medical treatment for an extended period. A fax: https://vore-station.net/faxes/fax_5816783872_6229.html from the RD was sent, notifying us of the situation. After reviewing the logs, I concured with the RD's assessment that the violence was not only excessive, but unwarranted, as the officer in question drew their weapon and fired at the suspect within seconds of the Head of Security departing the facility. Shortly before the fax was sent, they disconnected and did not return.

In short, I came on to respond to a fax. What I find is you having shot and then beaten the person into critical condition over an "insulting an officer" charge, denied them medical aid, then quit the round when the heads of staff launched an investigation.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Aces » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:43 am

Accidental posts from another user deleted.
Aces

Postby Aces » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:46 am

Ban time was 2 months ago. I think plenty of time has passed and that this ban should be removed.

Frankly I think the IC response was at least a little reasonable. :U This should not have incurred OOC punishment, just a note to the player that "Hey, this character can't play station for a few days."
Aces

Postby Aces » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:37 am

If nobody has anything to say about this appeal, I will close it when I get home from work today.
Aces

Postby nerdass » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:27 pm

i vaguely remember this incident.

i think they copped a jobban because they weren't available for admin questioning, so they got the hammer because they weren't around to be talked to about the problem, and everyone just expected them to appeal it a lot sooner than they actually ended up doing?
nerdass

Postby Aces » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:10 am

Approved
Aces

Return to Approved