[ace] wabrand2 - need a break

Moderator: Game Admins

[ace] wabrand2 - need a break

Postby warbrand2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:13 pm

Byond account and character name:warbrand2
Banning admin: ace
Ban type (What are you banned from?): server ban, discord ban
Ban reason: I was more than a little obsessive and had a melt down.
Ban length: perm
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-02-19 01:45:19
Your side of the story: I was obsessive and ended up having a breakdown, nothing more to say. Hell my posts here show that.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Since the ban I have gotten help and actually gotten some social interactions which has lead to a less well unstable state of mind. I really can't say more then that.

Note: I do not know the reason for the discord ban, as I was just talking to people when it happened, no messages or notes on it just was talking there on moment and banned the next, so I am not sure how to make an appeal on that one.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Re: [ace] wabrand2 - need a break

Postby Aces » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Discord ban was because after the game ban you started lamenting in Discord.

But, that said, I think enough time has passed. I'd like to hear other people's opinions though so this is open to community input. Hopefully some people to vouch for you.

Past appeals (in order):
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1279
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1304
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1335
Aces

Postby warbrand2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Oh, sorry about that. And well I don't really think I have anyone who can vouch for me, at least not anyone I am still in contact with.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Postby Primark » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:32 pm

I will vouch for this man right here.
Primark

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:34 pm

Primark wrote:I will vouch for this man right here.

You haven't been around in ages, lol.

But, that being said. I never had a bad experience with Warband2 myself. So, I'm more than happy to give the benefit of the doubt and give my support for his return. Though, I hope there has been some improvements to your behaviour. Vorestation shouldn't be a life! More of a hobby, so ensure you take breaks from it during the day to do something else!
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby bitesthedust » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:39 pm

Warbrand i've interacted with you a ton during your time in the community, and I gotta say that personally I don't think this place is good for you. The more you played the more progressively miserable you got.

To make matters worse, you had a habit of using your mental condition as an excuse for any negative behavior and to deflect criticism.

I remember a particular instance where I said one of your development channel suggestions was a bad idea, and you responded with a tirade of personal attacks to which I actually had to get admins involved.

On station you'd CONTINUOUSLY mope stating "you feel like you contribute nothing", and would often drag this out onto the discord. The incident that got you banned was due to you being frustrated that your 'big shadekin breakthrough' turned out to be a bug.

I wanted to at least give you a second chance, but after thinking about this a while I have to say it would be irresponsible if we did.
bitesthedust

Postby Aces » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:32 pm

Bitesthedust echos why I haven't just accepted this appeal already. I'm still hesitant, as much as I want to let you come back. Yet, the reason I haven't rejected the appeal either is because I think enough time has passed for you to clear your head. If you can avoid doing that kind of stuff in the future, then you're more likely to be able to stick around and even enjoy yourself.

Though, it's troublesome to say whether or not you've achieved that without letting you back, which is risky.

In any case, I think two months is long enough for this to sit. If this gets no more replies by this weekend, I will resolve it with my decision. Poke me via PMs on the forum if I do not reply by Sunday, as that's my fault.
Aces

Postby Aces » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:14 pm

Discord ban was lifted. Byond is giving me shit so I can't log in to remove the game ban. Pester Discord admins for further help.
Aces

Return to Approved