[JerTheAce] Heroman3003 - discord ragequit/deadchat rant

Moderator: Game Admins

[JerTheAce] Heroman3003 - discord ragequit/deadchat rant

Postby Heroman3003 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Byond account and character name: Heroman3003, Lauren Zackson.
Banning admin: JerTheAce
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server and discord ban.
Ban reason: Ragequit over a joke as simple as Dragor changing their username on Discord to suggesting they were female. Absolutely freaked the fuck out about it and then quit. Came to server to gush in deadchat about how much they hate the place so I just helped them out on leaving.
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 14:20, 7/7/2018, PDT
Your side of the story: I will admit that freakout over a joke was very disproportionate. The threat in discord was mostly not-serious, as I did realize that it was a joke… But with that typeof jokebeing directed at me, I was rather frustrated, and retaliation was meant to make it seem so. However Dragor kept pushing The quitting may have looked like a ragequit, but I simply wanted to avoid beginning a direct, personal confrontation with anyone. Quitting the discord server may seem like extreme way to do it, but with my bad habit of constantly checking on it, I simply didn’t trust myself not to say something regretful while I was still mad, and considering reason I’m mad came from someone there…
Afterwards I joined the server, main intent being continuing observing the round like I did a bit earlier, but couldn’t resist first making a badly perceived, because of context, joke (yes, I am a hypocrite about that, but internet washed out any negative non-meme meaning out of word ‘bully’ for me, and I do not use it seriously), followed by a small lament about myself. Even in my mood at the moment I held no intent to insult in server or show hate towards it, although, in retrospect, I do clearly see how it was perceived that way and apologize for coming off like that. I did not plan on continuing with that rant either, as it was all said by the time I was banned. I mostly planned on observing the rest of the round silently afterwards, to both distract myself and cool off, but because of what I said just upon coming there, it did seem extremely negative.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was banned because ‘I quit’, but real intent was to separate myself from discord for a bit and come back in with clearer head. Instead I only came off as much worse by coming into server and failing to resist from spewing random thoughts with varying levels of seriousness in ranting fashion. I never had any intent on insulting the station in general or its community and the way I acted was specifically to also avoid insulting anyone personally as well. I was trying to avoid coming off like that, but chose the worst place to cool off possible considering situation and my mood, it being ghosting on server, and in the end made everything worse anyway, which I’m sorry about.
Heroman3003

Re: [JerTheAce] Heroman3003 - discord ragequit/deadchat rant

Postby Aces » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:14 am

According to some playernotes, just last month, you had a similar incident except in reverse; where you were again abusing dead chat to rage in.

Told off in a discord DM for complaining about a character in Dead Chat behind their back; practically 'wishing' that hopefully they'll get eaten and not get resleeved. Logs will be posted on discord. by [REDACTED] on Mon, June 11th of 2018

And then there's my ban.
jertheace has permabanned heroman3003. - Reason: Ragequit over a joke as simple as Dragor changing their username on Discord to suggesting they were female. Absolutely freaked the fuck out about it and then quit. Came to the server to gush in deadchat about how much they hate the place so I just helped them out on leaving. - This is a permanent ban. by JerTheAce (Host) on Sat, July 7th of 2018

Now, I believe you have learned a lesson, but I want you to be aware this is not an isolated incident. I'm reducing the ban length from permanent (or rather "until an admin gets an explanation via appeal") to 1 day. If no one removes the ban by Monday you are permitted to bug the hell out of me because I said I would remove it.
Aces

Re: [JerTheAce] Heroman3003 - discord ragequit/deadchat rant

Postby Aces » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:52 am

Ban properly removed.
Aces

Return to Approved