[demicusmaximus] WaeWulf_Splash - Banned for Ork character

Moderator: Game Admins

[demicusmaximus] WaeWulf_Splash - Banned for Ork character

Postby Kerberos » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:08 am

Byond account and character name: WaeWulf_Splash. Snow White and Wuzkragrark(I think that was his name.)

Banning admin: demicusmaximus.

Ban type (What are you banned from?): From the server.

Ban reason:
Came on a crude parody of a WH40k Ork, shouting WAAAGH and GIT, and such, tried to bust into Engineering with a drill, then spammed the sec officers with laser gun fire. No RP to speak of, shouting orkish at people is not the same thing. Come back when you are serious.

Ban length: There is no time stated. So I can only assume it is permanent.

Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): I was offline when I was banned so I am going off of the time they said. 18:08. My timezone is CDT.

Your side of the story: The admin claims that I 'wasn't being serious' and there was no RP to speak of. Even though there was RP. Me and Ig Vyce were RPing. I picked her up and went around the station, and because my character was BASED on a WH40k Ork, I had his speech be similar to that of a WH40k Ork. My character was supposed to be aggressive and dumb, and he had Ig help him hack into the bar drink dispenser. Then he picked her up and used her to get into Engineering and took a few things because he/I wanted to build in maint(It wasn't stated.). The only thing he/I was able to get was a drill before I chased Ig because she locked be out of Engineering and then we got back to Engineering but she was inside telling me to go away. So as an Ork, they are aggressive and usually get mad if they don't get what they want. So, RPING AS AN ORK, he/I used a drill to start breaking a door into Engineering. Then security came, and yes I did shoot them with a laser gun a couple times, BECAUSE THE CHARACTER IS DUMB AND DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS A LASER TAG GUN. He/I then got tased and ran up the stairs and used his FOAM axe to try and hit one of the sec officers. But he/I kept breaking out of their holds when pinned down. And yes I did say WAAAGH and use Git, but that was only(I did use WAAAGH once when chasing Ig though.) when I was being arrested by security because he was MAD and insulting them. Then I logged off and had to go to work right after. (I didn't say I had to go because I was in a hurry.) So on the topic of 'wasn't being serious' and 'no RP to speak of.' There was RP, plenty of it, and the serious he didn't seem serious is because he is an ORK, a dumb, aggressive, warlike race of giant green brutes who speak in broken English with cockney accents.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned because the admin who banned me didn't bother to look into my RP and the way I was RPing, only the fact that he was based on a WH40k Ork and that I was yelling WAAGH while being arrested by security, trying to get away. I also really enjoy this server and it's people. And I do have another character that is not an Ork. But I made that character as a test and an attempt to fool around and have fun as an Ork on a Space Station. Thank you and I hope you consider this unban request.
Kerberos

Re: [demicusmaximus] WaeWulf_Splash - Banned for Ork charact

Postby Kerberos » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:12 am

Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): I was offline when I was banned so I am going off of the time they said. 18:08. My timezone is CDT.

I forgot to mention that it was on 6/4/2018.
Kerberos

Postby nerdass » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:24 am

so did you read our rules or are you just that fucking stupid.
nerdass

Postby nerdass » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:30 am

https://wiki.vore-station.net/Rules#Cre ... characters

Create and play server-appropriate characters

Although this is a roleplaying server based around the completely fantasy fetish of vore, that doesn't mean anything goes because that is possible. Suspension of disbelief is still important to a good experience, and breaking that suspension of disbelief is bad for roleplaying. Characters who break that suspension of disbelief are not allowed. Saying "it's what my character would do" isn't an automatic protection against this rule if what your character is doing breaks that immersion.

Play a reasonably sane and mature character, give them a non-immersion breaking first and last name, do not play obvious reference characters, or characters from published works without a special character application approved for that character.

Keep in mind that people do not like pain or dying and usually try to avoid it without good reason. Give your character a reasonable set of strengths, fears, and weaknesses. When writing things for IC, write things out that sound like speech, not emoticons or lolspeak.

The setting contains no magic. Your character cannot have any superpowers, magical abilities, or anything that does not exist in the setting or cannot be reasonably replicated with game mechanics. If they are not someone who has a good reason to work on the station, they should not be here.
The exception to this is purely private roleplay. For example: If your character and another character are in a dorm by themselves, and the other is OOCly fine with it, your character can display potentially supernatural abilities. This is limited to that roleplay, though. You should not discuss anything about that in public. Use magic at your own risk however, because technically the moment your RP is discovered by someone else, it stops being private, putting you in potential violation of this rule.

Obscenely oversized or undersized characters are forbidden. Minimum height is at least a few inches. Maximum height is about 30 feet. Anything more or less really pushes the already shaky believably of micros or macros existing on the station--and that's coming from a server whose theme is eating people.

If you are playing a whitelisted species such as Diona, Vox, Xenochimera, or whatever else we add in the future, you are expected to play the race as they are canonically meant to be played.

OOC Notes and Flavor Text is required. Your OOC notes must detail your ERP preferences, and your flavor text should not include non-physical attributes (do not include feelings your character has, or how they act).

If your character is suspended, permanently killed off, or otherwise removed from the station as a consequence for something horrible they did in-character, you are expected to not play that character anymore. See the guide about Permanent Death for details.

Do not kill or attack things (including yourself) for no good reason

This includes yourself. Even in self-defense your goal is to fight off your attack and escape to go get help, killing in a fight should only be done as a last-ditch effort when it's clear it's a you or them situation.

Suicide or self-mutilation is almost NEVER allowed. Contact an admin if you want to have a character commit suicide. Typically the manner in which suicide is carried out is played as an in-game attention grab and without actual compelling reasons. This can upset those that find this subject OOCly uncomfortable. The punishment for suicide is nearly always a permanent ban, so think about that before you kill yourself.

Excessive responses are also covered by this. Caving in someone's skull for cutting in line, stabbing yourself in the eye with a screwdriver because you are bored, or jumping out an airlock because you're sad, are all examples of being excessive.

Do not powergame

Better known as 'playing to win'. As a security person this can be seen as going out of your way and needlessly endangering others to ‘win against’ criminals. As the station AI exploiting loopholes in your laws to get yourself out of them or getting the person who subverted you into trouble is another way. There is an implicit allowance for lawed characters to ERP. You may create loopholes for this reason only.

While this shares several things in common with other rules, it still is it's own entity. Play to have fun, allow yourself to lose now and again and roll with the blows as it can make things potentially even more interesting.

Having way too many skills for one character is another example of this. Just because you're the Colony Director and have access to everywhere doesn't mean you should (or can) know how to do all the different jobs. (See Character Creation regarding skills for more information.)

Identifying Antagonists when you shouldn't be able to is also a violation of this rule.

Do not ‘Self-Antag’

Do not be hostile to other crew for no legitimate reason. Don’t break things, steal things, or do other antagonistic stuff just because you’re bored, it's the end of the round, you “want to give Security something to do”, etc. If you're going to be an asshole, have a believable reason why you're being an asshole. Think about how a normal person would behave under similar circumstances.

You cannot have a character with an “antagonist” background without having an approved special character application for that character. Your ex-mercenary ex-ninja ex-cultist is not allowed, but certain criminal backstories might be okay. If in doubt, submit a Special Character Application.

We play on ‘Extended’ round type at all times, and this means that there are no automatically chosen antagonist roles. Most other SS13 servers have antags, but we do not. Any antagonists are staff-selected players, picked to play a specific role.

Remember that if you are selected to be an antagonist-type role, it does give you some wiggle room than usual as far as the server rules go, but it does not give you permission to break any rules. Stick to your objectives, don't be over-the-top and ruining everyone else's fun if you can avoid it. Ask for admin help if you're not sure.
nerdass

Postby Kerberos » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:23 pm

Ok, I see where I went wrong. I can delete the Ork character and continue RPing as my other rule abiding OC.
Kerberos

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:04 pm

While I wasn't going to say it the way Nerdass did, there was more than just the Ork business going on. The sudden disconnect right as Security nabbed you was another factor, as I was typing out a PM to you right then. With the unwarranted fighting, the wordless attempts to run away, DC when you were caught and surrounded... at that point you seemed to be little more than an unusually dedicated griefer.

With that now cleared up, I have no issue with recinding your ban. Just bear the rules in mind next time.

And one other thing: If you want to play an orc like that, don't be a 40k inspired ork. Much as I love the universe, being a race from a copyright held franchise is not allowed. Also they need to be intelligent enough for the company to bother hiring in the first place, or at least sane and intelligent enough that the security guards at the starport/tram station allow them to visit the facility. We have "special character applications" here on the forums for roles like that, I'd suggest filling one out before bringing your orc back.

In the mean time, appeal approved.
Demicus_Maximus

Return to Approved