[Nerdass] HzDonut - Bantered with troll, got banned

Moderator: Game Admins

[Nerdass] HzDonut - Bantered with troll, got banned

Postby HzDonut » Sun May 27, 2018 11:35 pm

Byond account and character name: HzDonut. Jesse Soemmer and 24 others.

Banning admin: Nerdass

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Discord

Ban reason: "Was an absolute shit to someone in space lobby. Called them the absolute manifestation of everything that they loathe in a person, and just, kept going on about it. Unacceptable behavior. Appeal on the forums to get back in."

Ban length: Permanent

Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 11:40PM EST, roughly?

Your side of the story: Look, I was just minding my own business in the discord when Arye shows up. He immediately goes on about things in a...rather cringe-inducing way but at first I just assumed he's got problems and he doesn't mean anything by it...but then as time progressed it became painfully obvious to me what was happening: he was trying to troll us. How do I know this? He said outright that he came from reddit and kept doing the usual dumb nonsense of "lol what's vore" and stuff like that. At that point I decided, since I knew admins would turn up sooner or later (and someone DID send a ping out) that I would have some fun and indulge my inner asshole. It was the exact same as seeing someone trying to griff the station and just grab and gulping them because their OOC notes are terrible and don't protect them in the slightest, it was just some fun. Anyways, Arye falls silent and we basically move on outside of some memes...and then suddenly I'm ejected from the server. At first I just thought 'well it must just be discord fucking up but nooope. I was banned. I was banned with no warning, and I wasn't even DM'd a ban reason or anything. I had to ask around to get all the information you see above me, and I couldn't DM Nerdass anyways! Basically, it was a misunderstanding from an admin coming into the lobby and just seeing me harassing somebody, not knowing that somebody was a troll. It's not THAT big of a deal, mistakes happen, but I am upset over how I was left in the dark with it.
Also:
Arye - Yesterday at 11:55 PM
YOu all can suck my fat ass dick. See ya

I think that kind've proves my point.

Why you think you should be unbanned: As I said above, it was just a misunderstanding is all. I wasn't actually harassing a legitimate user, I was just being an ass to a poor attempt at a troll...who actually succeeded because I got banned, when you think about it. Yeah, looking back on it I should've just stayed silent and pinged an admin but we don't really get many chances to banter with trolls and I got a bit excited and carried away, my mistake there. Here's hoping this gets resolved reasonably quick. Cheers.
HzDonut

Re: [Nerdass] HzDonut - Bantered with troll, got banned

Postby nerdass » Mon May 28, 2018 1:21 am

Lifted.
nerdass

Return to Approved