[Najte] thedavestdave pilot/explorer/SAR job pan

Postby TheDavestDave » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:47 am

Byond account and character name:thedavestdave Roy Titlon
Banning admin:Majte
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Job banned from pilot/explorer/SAR
Ban reason:being "bullhead" and unable to "cope with high stress jobs"
Ban length: perma
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 14/02/18 about 0000gmt
Your side of the story:I spent some time planing a work around synth over heating on virgo 2 while the team was gone, being told both the RD and CD were helping me. Get a brainless snythomorth made and get told CD is helping me get a void suit and super cooled nitrogen. Alyssa tells me no we're not talking the whole team back, despite me saying I just need one person, go to the beach if you want mutiple times. Then get it's inhumane to the brainless synthomorth and nobody would explain why since it did't have any kind of processing power. And people even refused to scan it when I offered them to. I get told it would somehow kill me even when I repeatedly said I just need the airlock swicthed. CD suddenly goes why, I ahelp trying to figure out what happened to the point of bugging him too much and get job banned and told to drop it.
Why you think you should be unbanned The only thing I understand I did wrong was bug najte too much to spell out for me how everyone turned against me suddenly. I remeber saying something along I'm too autistic to undertand this shit or along the lines. That was a bit too far.
TheDavestDave

Re: [Najte] thedavestdave pilot/explorer/SAR job pan

Postby Zalvine » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:33 pm

Well. First thing is first, Natje wasn't your banning admin. You were speaking with them at the time, but I am the one that chose to drop the hammer.

Now, let me explain to you why. It wasn't that sole occurance that accumulated into your ban from the expedition jobs. It has been a building issue with you. To be blunt, throwing fits every time you didn't get your way. Being incredibly stubborn and pushing to have your way at all costs. Constantly having an issue related to you going on the expeditions. Even the point I had to warn you about openly speaking that you killed previous Research Directors because you were frustrated. If it was any one thing, sure. Fine. But it's an accumulation of your behavior that deems you unfit for these roles, because you simply cannot handle them reasonably.

Take the time to learn from your mistakes. Learn how to accept the word 'no' and mature some more before you try to appeal again. You need to seriously learn how to roll with things and manage both your temper and insistence.

If any other admins think I am being too harsh on this, speak up.

Otherwise, Wah Stamp of Rejection.
Zalvine

Postby TheDavestDave » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:04 am

I remeber panicing becuse the RD was acting a little too much like Red, the RD that kept falsely accusing me of treason, and killing them. Up until the last second evereyone was okay with me testing it until they were suddenly 100% against it, atleast with what they said IC. I do get too excited and worked up about things, any tips how to work on them? Nameing the shuttle was something I got too exicted about but I managed to own up to that at the time.
TheDavestDave

Postby Scree » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Although this is a roleplaying server based around the completely fantasy fetish of vore, that doesn't mean anything goes because that is possible. Suspension of disbelief is still important to a good experience, and breaking that suspension of disbelief is bad for roleplaying. Characters who break that suspension of disbelief are not allowed. Saying "it's what my character would do" isn't an automatic protection against this rule if what your character is doing breaks that immersion.

Play a reasonably sane and mature character, give them a non-immersion breaking first and last name, do not play obvious reference characters, or characters from published works without a special character application approved for that character.

Does the way you were carrying on sound like the actions of a sane and mature character?
Openly insubordinate characters also tend to fall foul of the "suspension of disbelief" rule as well, because sure, it might be what you character would do, but you know what your employers would do? Fire you. It's not believable that NT would want to interact with or hire someone that points weapons at their superiors (or subordinates, let's be honest) in public at the drop of a hat.
Scree

Postby TheDavestDave » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:55 pm

I haven't pull a gun on anyone since I worked sec about half a year ago. Cip pull the gun. All I did was call for sec over the radio. At no point has Roy said otherwise ether.

I think the moment Zalvine is referring to is the shift after Red died via swarm bots and greeted us by calling me a traitor via radio ( not the same shift as that one). Putting me in a blind panic I was going to be investigated because the current RD was doing something wrong that I remember would get them killed but not exactly what.

The changing the name with only asking a few people was childish, but considering I spent most of the yelling apologising and trying to make up for it, then just taking the being fired by the CD I don't think it as extensively childish.

The last one were I had both the CD and RD helping me, and alyssa agreeing to it. I was told the CD was prepping cold nitrogen and a void suit for me by the RD to help me test it. Until they all started saying that the synthomorth was immoral and refused to explain why. Then the CD going no, you'll get yourself killed. Despite her knowing the plan to put the synthomorth in the heat not me. (this was just before everyone else knew about the synthomorth)

Bubbles stated that I was good at falling orders just before the trip as well, and Roy's also been congratulated by a few charaters after trips aswell
TheDavestDave

Postby Scree » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Okay, given that Red has been in the past a gnat's-hair away from being left behind on the UFO (because he ran off by himself after the team had found the shuttle) then I can't really hold it against you if you don't like the guy IC. Especially for subsequent acts of running off alone, because running off alone is how you get yourself dead.
Scree

Postby nerdass » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:05 am

wait were they saying it was immoral for you to use a body that was basically purpose built for the task of testing the thing you wanted to test for the purpose of testing?

if so, holy fuck
nerdass

Postby arokha » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:11 am

I get told it would somehow kill me even when I repeatedly said I just need the airlock swicthed.

I have no real opinion on the appeal but Virgo 2 did kill synths until an update tonight due to an oversight in how suit cooling units were coded (they were incapable of protecting synths in environments more than 15 degrees hotter than their body heat). There would be no way to protect yourself, regardless of tank contents.
arokha

Postby TheDavestDave » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:09 am

Will I wanted to test it, so I was going to do this with a snythomorth in a void suit. I didn't have to personally leave the shuttle. I just needed someone to toggle the air lock.

There response to this was it would get me killed everytime I said it
TheDavestDave

Postby TheDavestDave » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:11 am

nerdass wrote:wait were they saying it was immoral for you to use a body that was basically purpose built for the task of testing the thing you wanted to test for the purpose of testing?

if so, holy fuck

I keept saying it didn't even have a brain installed and they just said it's against snyth rights. Too my synth. I remeber saying it my calculator is closer to human than the synthomorth was. But there's a good chance that was to najte trying to understand their reasoning
TheDavestDave

Next

Return to Approved