Postby WTFismyname » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:24 am

Byond account and character name: WTFIsmyname- Rulik Toha
Banning admin: JerTheAce
Ban type: Job-banned
Ban reason: Killed runtime after being told not to before
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 01/01/18 20:02 AEST
Your side of the story:
At the start of the round, I usually lock Runtime in the locker in the CMO's office so that they don't make a mess. This round I chose to ask on the common channel if someone would like to look after Runtime instead, as they might enjoy her while I do not. Reysha, who was playing Cargo I believe, volunteered to take Runtime. I left to get water as I was preparing to do chemistry for the shift, and when I came back Reysha had left without notifying anyone and left runtime in the lobby, and I failed to notice. Anna came in for a backup implant, and runtime being runtime, prompty pounced and ate them in the few moments they were AFK. I was alerted to runtime eating someone, and thinking it was a joke because I didn't know runtime could actually eat micros, ignored it, though when I came into the lobby there was a large group around runtime who had apparently seen what happened, and Runtime. I heard gurgling, and thinking Anna was still alive, attempted to ickypack the cat, on the offchance it would work. When it didn't I killed Runtime. At the time, I was also complaining about how I disliked runtime on the discord which probably made this act seem rather suspicious. I was banned for the day and permabanned from CMO for this incident.
Why you think you should be unbanned
This was a series of unfortunate events with people being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and I was not properly given a chance to explain myself on the server before being banned, now that I have explained my story, I hope people can agree that, while extreme, that the actions were justified and were not worthy of a ban. I do not enjoy killing random NPCs and do not do it often, it was just a panic reaction to a shit situation that should of never happened.

Many thanks
-WTF
WTFismyname

Re: [Jertheace] WTFismyname- Runtime CMO Ban

Postby Seiga » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:52 am

The scenario described is a pretty awful one to end up in as a medical professional who should be prioritising the well being of the crew. It points to the Runtime micro interaction as an extremely problematic one. Why should passive mobs on station suddenly become cause for alarm, Vorestation or not? But that's more of a conversation for development.

I'm not supportive of the ban.
Seiga

Re: [Jertheace] WTFismyname- Runtime CMO Ban

Postby Aces » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:12 pm

Several admins think the ban was made in too short temper. They're probably right. I apologize, and accept the appeal.
Aces

Return to Approved