[joanrisu] 69andahalf [Appeal Granted]

Moderator: Game Admins

[joanrisu] 69andahalf [Appeal Granted]

Postby 69andahalf » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Byond account and character name: 69andahalf - Solomon (can't remember the last name)
Banning admin: joanrisu
Ban type (What are you banned from?): MANUAL BAN
Ban reason: Hacked a couple of doors, then hid from securiy in the dorms which is a violation of rule 3.2, then disconnected while in IC trouble in violation of rule 4. Please properly explain your actions when you appeal this.
Ban length: Not Stated - Assume permanent as no length was given.
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-09-06 13:09:15 EST.
Your side of the story:
I joined up as an assistant to explore maintenance, I found a pair of insulated gloves and took my explorations a bit further than they should have, mainly into a single room in sec. I didn't break in to steal anything, and I left promptly after entering to go back and explore more of maintenance. I did this for a bit longer, and security never came after me, or even tried to contact me for however long I was still around for. Eventually my explorations came to a close, and I decided that I was going to do something else for a bit, so I decided to go sleep in the dorms in case I decided to come back and play again after a bit. I tried to join up again and found out that I was banned, hence why I am here.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
Basically the reason I am appealing it twofold, one is the fact that I am not too used to the rules used here and the second is because I don't feel I directly broke one of the rules I was banned for. I accept that sleeping in the dorms was a bad idea on my part, because of the rules that surround them, but it had simply slipped my mind at that point, and I was going off previous experience I had on other high RP servers. In the future I'll make sure to avoid the dorms.

The rule I feel I did not break was the disconnected while in IC trouble. This is because when I went to sleep in the dorms, security wasn't actively looking for me for hacking the door. I realize I should have been more mindful of the fact that security might come after me, but honestly the thought hadn't crossed my mind at that point, and I didn't leave to simply avoid trouble. I will keep this rule in mind in the future though, if I do end up breaking any space laws.

This was pretty much my second round on this server, and currently I'm just looking around and talking to people without any intent to ERP. I'd appreciate a second chance so I can continue to look around at some of the cool sprites and features you have on your server, but realize that you may not think I am the type of person you want playing here.
Last edited by JoanRisu on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changing appeal status
69andahalf

Re: [joanrisu] 69andahalf - Rule 3.2 and 4 Violation

Postby JoanRisu » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:11 pm

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this. I don't usually check the forums that often.

The logs do reflect that you seem to have fallen asleep before a ruckus was made about you having hacked the doors so both violations are now null and void. The staff member who asked me to look at this case also commented to me that they just wanted to know what was going on with you and why you were cooped up in the dorms. They and myself find this explanation to be reasonable and your appeal is granted.

We're very strict when it comes to the dorms because of how complex the rules are around them, so be mindful of what you do in a round before walking into a dorm room.
JoanRisu

Re: [joanrisu] 69andahalf - Rule 3.2 and 4 Violation

Postby 69andahalf » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:18 pm

JoanRisu wrote:We're very strict when it comes to the dorms because of how complex the rules are around them, so be mindful of what you do in a round before walking into a dorm room.

I'll definitely keep this in mind!
69andahalf

Return to Approved