[Digitalsquirrel] Ban Appeal

Moderator: Game Admins

[Digitalsquirrel] Ban Appeal

Postby Sunshan » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:15 pm

Byond account and character name: Lennart_Soma / Soraru Shodai
Discord ID (if applicable): Soluomi#7972
Banning admin: Digitalsquirrel
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned off the Discord Server / Banned from the Game Sever
Ban reason given: "Began to harass a player in an attempt to get them to be a closer friend. When this player didn't reciprocate this feeling, continued until they were blocked. Upon being blocked, began harassing a different player in attempt to keep contact with the first. When these issues were brought up in modmail, Soluomi failed to see the issue, and attempted to convince staff to re-establish contact with both players to apologize, and failed to see that the two players were not required to forgive them. Ban was put in place due to general staff consensus that access to the server is not healthy for the community as a whole, or Soluomi themselves."
Ban length: Permanent.
Approximate date that the ban was placed: 10th of September, 2023, 14:56 PM, [UTC-4] Atlantic Standard Time
Your side of the story: I am not here to dispute anything regarding what happened since the ban reason is a good reason for it, all i wanna say is that i was terribly emotionally unstable from a lot of things that were going on for me in a personal level, i was blinded by such a emotional outburst to the point where as the reason says, i failed to understand the reasoning and such, this lead me to a spiraling of my mental health as i just felt like i needed someone for me and such, but it got to a bad point where it reached a boiling point over such a narcissistics feelings, it was horrendous and just unpleasant after having to put myself in the shoes of those two users, as such, i've had to learn of such a screw up of mine and take it as a lesson, in the end, i understand fully if they don't owe me an apology, so this was entirely my own fault for spiraling down over this.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I wont lie but it's been 5 months since i screwed up badly, i had to get my mind on a more relaxed state and stabilise myself, so far it's been paying off without any problems, which is already a good sign of recovery, and overall i do feel quite stable to return to the server, but it is understandable on the decision to give me a permanent ban over me spiraling down, i was an idiot in september and i've learned my mistake, i just hope i cant repeat it again, and i was given a rather lot of time to reflect and take to consideration what i have done, overall, i understand if they dont need to apologise and that is understandable, as i wish to move on from such a mess and focus on the more positive side of things, and i wish not to bother the two affected users in the server and discord server as i rather talk and interact properly with the rest of the community than try to force friendships in a narcissistic way as i've done, rephrasing again that i've had taken this as a lesson not to be clingy or horribly needy, even if it was a long while i understand if it was for a good reason to give me usch a ban, i was given a lot of time to think and process what had happened along with spend some time away so i could at least feel better than ever, and it has paid off rather well with the months passing, so i would like to return as i feel very confident and a lot more better than how i was in september, i'll not do that again and avoid repeating the same mistake as i did, i dont have any ill intents or hostile ones, as i' dont want any ill against anyone or the staff team itself, as i understood why it was a final decision for me, as of now and with a more improved mental health and self esteem, i would like to join again to the game and it's community.
Sunshan

Re: [Digitalsquirrel] Ban Appeal

Postby Hazelbailey » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:48 pm

Hiya! I've seen your post and took a few moments to consider what to do with this, and ultimately decided I'm willing to lift the ban and give you another shot.

That being said, if there is a repeat of what caused this ban in any form, I will not hesitate to reinstate the ban and there will not be a third chance given. If that's agreeable with you, then I'll lift the ban in just a moment.
Hazelbailey

Postby Sunshan » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:54 pm

Hazelbailey wrote:Hiya! I've seen your post and took a few moments to consider what to do with this, and ultimately decided I'm willing to lift the ban and give you another shot.

That being said, if there is a repeat of what caused this ban in any form, I will not hesitate to reinstate the ban and there will not be a third chance given. If that's agreeable with you, then I'll lift the ban in just a moment.

Thank you, i've had to go for a break for a long while, i have no problems with it as i agree with it! So thank you.
Sunshan

Postby Hazelbailey » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:02 pm

Ban is lifted. Have fun.
Hazelbailey

Return to Approved