Jackolanto - General Fuckery & Attempted Suicide

Moderator: Game Admins

Jackolanto - General Fuckery & Attempted Suicide

Postby JackTheMango » Sun May 15, 2022 12:01 pm

Byond account and character name: Jackolanto, I do not remember character name.
Discord ID (if applicable): was not banned from the discord server
Banning admin: itsaket
Ban type (What are you banned from?): The server.
Ban reason given: You, or another user of this computer or connection (jackolanto) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is I've been watching on and off how this is all going down. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, since i want to allow people to be chaotic, buuuut. I've seen suicide attempts, general fuckery. And while i understand your stance on some of this shit. I saw enough when you attempted suicide. Sorry mate, this ain't gonna work out.
Ban length: Believe its indefinite.
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 2022-05-05 22:15:01
Your side of the story: I wanted my character to be a sort of wilderness loving character, or a hunter. I killed about 17 Gaslamps which could go with the don't kill NPCS rule. i was apprehended for poaching i think, and being a nuisance. I really had to go leave the game when i was in the brig, and in my scramble to find a way to leave (i really do not like going SSD) i did what i am prone to do when i need to leave urgently and cannot reach Cryo. The reason i am here is because i was banned from goonstation but this became my main server because of how much i love it, and back in goonstation what would normally happen if i really had to go is i would suicide, usually by firelock. after realizing hitting myself with my pickaxe twice, i realized this was NOT going to work. (i was a full synthetic) i went SSD, and attended to the urgent personal matters at hand.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I apologize if i left some details out, as it was a while ago, but as i have stated this is my main server and i really want to play on it again, i did read the rules but the "don't hurt yourself" rule contradicted what i used to do, so it seems to disappear from my mind, i would have never done this if i knew this was against the rules.
JackTheMango

Re: Jackolanto - General Fuckery & Attempted Suicide

Postby ItsAKat » Thu May 19, 2022 10:21 pm

First off, allow me to apologize for taking time in responding to this appeal. It's been brought to my attention but I had sort of set it aside for longer than I honestly should have.

Now, allow me to be clear: I have swung the hammer solely on the suicide bit. The concept as a whole is a very touchy subject. And is one of the hard no's in the rule of the server. The whole scenario where a large chunk of security and command had to go look for you non-withstanding.

And as such I will respond to this as if this were a suicide ban only. Though I'll admit you were stretching it a little when things started to get heavy with security. (And yet despite all that I can understand the train of thought that went on.)

As said, I don't so much mind the mass killing of gas lamps, but it raised questions; The kind I assumed the others also thought when they had to attend to it. As with everything, moderation can go a long way. The whole thing is pretty much brought a lot more attention than it needed to be, but that's besides the whole appeal; I only bring this up at least to give light on some context, since people are not entirely accustomed to this level of hijinks going on.

I'm down to understand that this all happened out of habit and came from urgency, since it adds motive to the actions that were displayed. And frankly comes up as the norm with people who are from more action oriented servers. If anything, had you AFK'ed in the brig or even LOOC'd something I would have expected a little different actually.

Overall, I'm willing to give you a chance in light of this. Just don't make a habit of what was mentioned here, since we're both here because of the old habits manifesting in the wrong situation right?

I'll approve the unban because I am interested to see how this works out. I like hoping that people learn from their own slip ups after all! Well see how you go.
ItsAKat

Return to Approved