Primark ban appeal

Moderator: Game Admins

Primark ban appeal

Postby Primark » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:00 pm

Byond account and character name: Primark - DeAndre Devaux
Banning admin:Nightwing
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban
Ban reason: Use "racial" slurs and IRL insults. (Faggot)
Ban length*: Permanent
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): A few days ago, maybe one week.
Your side of the story: Well, I was playing as DeAndre Devaux, a black skined wannabe thug. I was in a problem with security and my char was angry, speaking over comms and insulting people who was saying that he was guilty and that stuff. I said "nigg" and "faggot" two times.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well, I need to say that I'm not english speaker, I live in Spain and our slang seems very different, here, like another places in the world, racism exist, but it's not like in another countries. I live in a small neighborhood mostly populated by black skined people, from Africa and Center America (My parents are from Republica Dominaca so I'm technically black skinned too) The word "nigga" here is just "negro", and it's used friendly between us, maybe in America that slang is more agressive, I don't know. And "faggot", I think that it would be "mariquita", and is mostly used to say that someone is coward, not referent to their sexuality. I will improve my vocabulary to not bother anyone, I never wanted to bother anyone, I was just trying to intepretate my character the most realistically possible. I apologize to anyone who was offended.

((I will say too that I came from a game where that kind of slang is common, just some screenshots to show you where I'm used to roleplay. http://imgur.com/a/xGy1V ))
Primark

Re: Primark ban appeal

Postby Aces » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:32 pm

Yet, I know for a fact we spoke to you already about exactly this behavior. Ignorance of the rules already isn't an excuse but in this case you chose to disregard them anyway even after previously going leniently on you for this crap.

Furthermore, your play-style in general has been a complete nuisance to the server. You can't seem to just make a regular character. One day it's an old ex-Nazi. Another time it's a black guy trying to sell drugs and shank people.

So, here's your playernote record.

Player age: unknown
Ban edited. Reason: Joined as "Schleider Von Uffert II", a no-limbed black gangster who came to the station, spewing profanities, started running off a column of RL racial slurs claiming to be a jew (while also black and german) along with stereotype lolracist gangbanger nonsense. Underaged player.. New duration: Perma. by Adminbot (Friendly Robot) on Thu, May 5th of 2016 Remove

be on watch for shitcurity actions, was part of a TEH LAW incident where someone was tased a total of 32 times before the accused went physically aggressive, the reasoning was a chase, sparked by running from arrest for graffiti. by Molenar (GameAdmin) on Thu, July 28th of 2016 Remove

Decided to steal the captains spare ID, right in front of them and myself (as Grey), with no RP at all. Then complained in Discord private chat about having been tased seven times after running with no RP. Look one note up for delicious irony. Had a chat with them and advised them to not do such silly things and expect Sec to not respond in kind. by Demicus_Maximus (GameAdmin) on Thu, July 28th of 2016 Remove

Allegedly threatened to shoot someone in the face over graffiti. by JerTheAce (Host) on Mon, August 1st of 2016 Remove

Started a barfight, threatened to shoot someone in the face for talking, and generally being very irritating while RP-ing as a "black-hispanic thug". Then tried to explain to me why, since they are black OOCly, that was OK. Gave them a very strict warning on such behavior. Further problems of the sort should be punished very harshly. by Demicus_Maximus (GameAdmin) on Thu, August 4th of 2016 Remove

ultimated has permabanned primark. - Reason: Use of IRL racial slurs. You've been warned about this kind of thing before. - This is a permanent ban. by Ultimated (GameAdmin) on Fri, August 5th of 2016 Remove

And here's your prior appeal, which was accepted.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=741

You didn't uphold your end of the bargain. Appeal rejected.
Aces

Return to Denied