NobodySpecialzz

Moderator: Game Admins

NobodySpecialzz

Postby NobodySpecialzz » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:46 am

Byond account and character name: NobodySpecialzz | In game character name: Larsa Avernyk
Banning admin: Scree
Ban type (What are you banned from?): IP server ban.
Ban reason: Repeatedly bashing somebody with a fire extinguisher.
Ban length: Unknown.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): ~9:00PM AWST. (29/02/2016)
Your side of the story: I was active during a session where the server was raided and griefed by assistants. I was oblivious to an admin being on at the time. One of the disconnected griefers wasn't dead, and he wouldn't digest. I beat him repeatedly with a fire extinguisher and I constantly timed out from the server... So I hit the griefer for more than I wanted.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I OOC shot the griefers with a stun revolver and beat one of them up. I only took appropriate measures to handle the griefers at the time. I'm hoping it was just a misfired ban, but if it's not, I'm completely oblivious to what I did wrong.
NobodySpecialzz

Re: NobodySpecialzz

Postby ThePWWP » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:52 am

You too has misunderstanding ban?
ThePWWP

Postby Scree » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:40 pm

The griefers spontaneously went SSD for no apparent reason, and your thought was to beat them with an extinguisher.

You were clogging my attack logs with said beating AFTER Demi and I turned stealth mode off and announced ourselves in OOC.

Just because someone is a griefer isn't a license to backseat admin and beat their AFK body to death. At MOST, just lock them somewhere they don't have access to get out.
I don't know if you saw my adminPM asking you to cut it out shortly before the server lagged out.
Scree

Postby NobodySpecialzz » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:08 am

Yup, my thought was to beat them to a pulp with a fire extinguisher. I had the OOC turned off before the server became unresponsive.

No, I didn't see any PMs during the spam fest.

It was my first, honest mistake on the server -- and a really stupid, easy-to-avoid one.

It was also the second time I've experienced a griefer raid on the server, and as I stated earlier, I had OOC off and was oblivious to any admins coming out from ghostmode. I didn't have any welders or anything to keep the griefer locked in place, and since the griefer wasn't digesting, I did the next, and worst, thing -- Try to beat him to death with a fire extinguisher, then destroy the body via means of digestion.

Yes, I should have looked up AdminInfo, yes, I should've gone to fetch a welder instead- or dump the body into a body bag, or just simply put the body into a locker.

Yes, I did the worst thing I could've done in those situations. I'm not the brightest hard roleplayer when OOC things happen that I have to handle.

I've made plenty of mistakes since joining the server. This was the first time I broke a rule. The Backseat Admin rule. And I never had plans to break any of the listed rules under - https://wiki.vore-station.net/Rules

Terrible, easy to avoid mistakes are made.

Edit: I lied! I just remembered being PM'd by an admin about the fire extinguishers? I remember I replied, but I forgot what it was about. At least, I think I replied during the lag fest?

I then decided to play a traitor mime on the Hippie server before closing my VORE Station client. That was fun.
NobodySpecialzz

Postby Aces » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:23 pm

Appeal denied - Wrong format
Aces

Postby Aces » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:14 pm

Notice: Since the original offense really wasn't worth a permanent ban, or even a month ban, but was still an offense that got in the way of dealing with serious griefing, I'm waiving Rule 9 for this appeal. This individual may appeal again no sooner than Monday.

For those curious, "Backseat Admining" was the rule broken here, which would have been punished with a 3 day ban under normal circumstances already.
Aces

Return to Denied