[bobofboblandia]Job ban,for the incident at the pirate event

Moderator: Game Admins

[bobofboblandia]Job ban,for the incident at the pirate event

Postby Azzy.Dreemurr » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:11 pm

Byond account and character name: Azzy.Dreemurr (Merry Medison)
Discord ID (if applicable):chattiermilk29
Banning admin: bobofboblandia
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Job banned from Head NT Staff
Ban reason given: because you can't see the reason for the jobban on the server. But I think... it's already known from the first pirate event in the summer.
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 8:50 Moscow time(GMT3+), 6 August
Your side of the story: Honestly, I probably said everything in the mod mail in discord. All I can say is, once again. That really, I should have left earlier or contacted the Admins somehow, that I'm not feeling well and can't participate in the event any further.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been... actually exactly a month, already been to other professions from Commander Talon, security, roboticist again. And, um. I've come to my own conclusions:
1. Play in a more stable state
2. If still feel unstable and especially if the event, then try to contact the Admins and somehow leave the event.
3. and as time went on, I started to understand a little bit more about the rules.
And I found more people to spend time with and maybe approach situations a little differently with problematic situations/people.
Somewhere in the depths of my soul, I know that you are alive
Kill or be Killed - NO
Love and be Loved

© AzzyGoat✨
Azzy.Dreemurr

Re: [bobofboblandia]Job ban,for the incident at the pirate e

Postby bobofboblandia » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:06 pm

Ultimately, after mulling it over for a while, I need to look at your improvement versus your previous actions, and I want to say that you have improved, however, you have also backslid on times where you do have power, such as when you play AI. You ARE getting better at curbing your impulses, and as much as I want to reward this improvement, I also feel like I cannot allow you back into command until they are reduced further. I believe in your ability to make this change, and I look forward to seeing you in these positions when you do, but for now, I feel I have no choice but to say Appeal Rejected
bobofboblandia

Re: [bobofboblandia]Job ban,for the incident at the pirate e

Postby Killian » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:29 pm

Speaking as someone who was involved in the pirate event in which this JB was applied (I was the QM, specifically) I have to say I think possibly one of the biggest problems you are running up against, more than anything else, is the language barrier. English is a beast of a language at the best of times, and it's difficult to feel confident in the command capabilities of someone who doesn't have the best grasp of it to begin with. Meaning and context can easily be lost if a message is stripped of tone and body language as-is, and once it also has to pass through the language barrier it's very possible for things to be radically misinterpreted or misunderstood.

Essentially, the important thing is: as a subordinate, I need to be confident that anything I tell you will be interpreted correctly, and that you in turn will be able to accurately communicate orders/commands/etc. to me. Presently, I do not feel confident in either of these, which is not great, especially considering some of the other behaviour I've seen from you.
Killian

Return to Denied