Byond account and character name: SkyTheAvali
Discord ID (if applicable): SkyTheAvali
Banning admin: Satinisle
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason given: Image
Ban length: 7 Days
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 6/14/23
Your side of the story:

Drunk, went into a disposal, when I awoke was told I was being put on HuT (Hold til Transfer)for suicide attempt , character argued IC that according to Corporate regs a 203 Suicide would be Psych visit and eval only. However he was till processed for HUT and denied an IAA , the "whole anti-sec energy" / sov citizen part was being denied food, clothes (Teshari based races cant wear the prison clothes), IAA, being brigged for HUT when regs and quoting corporate regs and prisoner rights , and after much frustration calling Ursula "shitsec" (a common ss13 slang for bad security) after being tased / harm baton for attempts to remove my cuffs while in the cell (mind you I was completely nude as well and there was no reason to be cuffed in a cell) . If you were in my characters shoes you would understand why he would have been a bit aggravated given everything.

As far as the other complaints I had a shift were I was rather bad yes and I was sorry for it.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

The only thing that really triggered that was the disposals death as far as disruption this shift, and I do play many shifts a week / month and generally am not an issue and I do strive to not be a problematic person, if me playing roles (such as miner) is part of the issue I will play visitor only across all characters here on out, that way there's little chance of problems being caused by me if that helps at all.

I am trying here to not be an issue and would like to be able to continue to play on the server.
SkyTheAvali

Re: [SatinIsle] Frequent Complaints

Postby satinisle » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:39 pm

After discussion with other staff members, we have decided to change to flag your account as underage, your additional ban reason reads as follows:

You have been flagged as being underage and as per the "no minors, no tolerance" policy of the server, you are being banned until you can prove your age privately. Appeal on the forums, then provide Joan Risu privately with the following A picture of you holding your government issued photo ID with the photo and Date of Birth visible and a piece of paper with a codeword written on it provided by Joan. Do not post your personal information on the forums. To be explicitly clear, we just want your face and your Date of Birth. You can blot out the rest of the ID. We don't care what your name is, what the ID number is, or what state issued the ID.

As for your specific points here, we have seen a large number of complaints about you recently due to disruptive behaviour. Prior to this event, staff have had to contact you three times this month already about disruptive behaviour, which you did not seem to recognise as you told me that you hadn't had an issue with staff for over a month. You have been found to be breaking into areas without good reason, getting into aggressive disputes with people and trying to rules lawyer your way out of them repeatedly using corporate regulations, which has only made each situation more frustrating to deal with. You've managed to die in disposals three times now in the couple of months that you've been here, so whilst I don't know for certain that it wasn't an accident, most people don't manage to die in disposals so frequently and it has me raising an eyebrow.

I don't think that you are intentionally being disruptive, but you ARE being disruptive and upsetting large groups of players at once. Playing miner is not the issue. You need to understand why your behaviour is disruptive and why it is causing such frequent issues for yourself, other players and the staff. I believe that a week is a rather small amount of time for you to think over that, but if you are able to prove yourself to be of age, then I hope that you are able to identify your issues and avoid these events in future.
satinisle

Postby satinisle » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:50 pm

Further to this: Please only reply to the forum post, I can not correspond with you about this via discord DMs. Joan will reply when they are ready to receive evidence of your age and will provide you with instructions, no one else is able to do this for safety reasons.
satinisle

Postby SkyTheAvali » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:53 pm

so made a new thread then, I guess then considering the ban is now underage as opposed to this.
SkyTheAvali

Postby SkyTheAvali » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:57 pm

satinisle wrote:..... getting into aggressive disputes with people and trying to rules lawyer your way out of them repeatedly using corporate regulations, which has only made each situation more frustrating to deal with...

so basically part of why I was banned was asking for the established corporate regs which were set up as IC rules to be followed? noted.
SkyTheAvali

Postby satinisle » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:10 pm

No, part of why you were banned was that you were using corporate regulations as an excuse to both be abusive towards other players and to try to avoid conversing with people you felt were not allowed to take action against you. Whilst, I'll note, also being wrong about what the corporate regulation in first place, which says that the maximum sentence is "Demotion. Solitary confinement. Hold until judgment."

Examples of you using them to avoid other players include saying that an IAA has no place in dealing with your poor behaviour, and another in which someone attempted to search your equipment for an emag that they knew full well that you had. As for the being abusive towards other players, repeatedly calling someone "shitsec" in character because you feel that they aren't conforming to regulations is both poor behaviour and childish.

The confrontational tone that you are taking here does not give me much hope that you are being introspective and wanting to improve.
satinisle

Postby SkyTheAvali » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:18 pm

correct HuJ was the appropriate punishment at max, however HOS Ursula Wolf and SD Charles Gettler repeatedly and specifically used HuT , which is very different things, HuJ they would have needed to make a tribunal which my request for that was denied presumably by the aforementioned people, part of my frustration with the events that occurred as I felt I was being wrongly sentenced with something not even allowed as a punishment under Regs and I do hope that those two have been reminded of what the correct punishment should have been.

Regarding calling Ursula "shitsec" put yourself in my characters shoes (or lackthereof) that I was nude in a cell, starving (red bar all the way down) my request for being fed denied harshly by the HOS, and when I try to get the cuffs off (while in said cell fully nude mind you) I am being shot with a taser into crit, beaten by a stun baton on harm intent, if that was your character in that situation I wouldn't blame you at all for being rather riled up at the piss poor behavior of security.
SkyTheAvali

Postby SkyTheAvali » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:19 pm

had that been real life the things Ursula did would have been called a crime against humanity and violation of basic human rights.
SkyTheAvali

Postby JoanRisu » Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:55 am

Just for the record of this appeal, the applicant's age has been verified.
JoanRisu

Postby satinisle » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:57 pm

I have had some time to mull over your appeal whilst we awaited for the other to be resolved, the staff have discussed it and I've taken what you have said so far into consideration. Ultimately, the staff have chosen to deny this appeal.

I want to give you a comprehensive reason as to why, but it will not be up for further discussion.

What we were looking for in your appeal, if we were to remove or reduce the ban, was some real recognition of the problems that you are causing and some action that you would take to prevent it from happening in the future. We were not looking for arguments as to whether the ban, or other player's actions, were justified. We had already made that decision in the time leading up to your ban.

Regarding the specific issue that you are addressing, the internal affairs agent was asked for by the HoS and captain. They declined to assist you on account of you having upset them already, they didn't want to deal with you any more, and I do not blame them for doing so. I was watching what security was doing to your character, and they were responding to your already high aggression. Believe it or not, I had sympathy for the fact that you were in an unpleasant situation, but ultimately your response to that situation and the behaviour that provoked it in the first place are what brought about your ban. Comparing this situation to real life is also not helpful and makes the arguments your look absurd.

More importantly, this particular situation is only a small part of your problematic behaviour. Your focus on one specific part of the ban here, although I can see why it upset you specifically, is representative of the issue of your hiding behind specific technicalities to get out of everything. "It's what my character would do" is not a defense against making a character that causes frustrations for other players to the point that many of them do not want you around. You need to look inwards and see why people do not like you, and why your playstyle is making you unfun to be around. Yes, you have many shifts where you don't cause issues, but you have too many where you do. The core of these issues is that you are acting self centered and not demonstrating tact.

The fact that you have gone through the process to verify your age shows to me that you actually do want to be a part of this community. So, I'm going to ask you to please take the remainder of this short ban to look inwards and try to find what problems you might have in your behaviour and how you can resolve them yourself. If you find yourself unable to recognise those issues, you're likely not going to be able to stay in the long term. I would love for you to return to your ban and contribute to the server in a positive way, and I personally believe that you are able to do that.

On a separate note, I have decided to lift your discord ban now. This comes with a caveat: Do not approach other players who were involved in this situation any further. You were cordial enough from what I saw, which is why I'm still lifting the ban, but I want you to put this particular event behind you and for you to show you can move on from it.
satinisle

Return to Denied