[lm40] SomeDingus - Killing Self At Round End

Moderator: Game Admins

[lm40] SomeDingus - Killing Self At Round End

Postby SomeDingus » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:11 pm

Byond account and character name: SomeDingus
Discord ID (if applicable): Goob#8955
Banning admin: lm40
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban from the server, as well as the discord.
Ban reason given: "Shot themselves with a silenced pistol because 'Round end, and Leggy was invading my ears.' Should have read the rules because suicide is absolutely against them."
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 2023-04-05 20:50:47 Eastern Time
Your side of the story: There was an annoying song playing at centcomm, and since it was the end of the round, I figured I'd just kill myself in the centcomm bathroom because the song was so annoying.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I personally forgot that suicide was against this server's rules, since it's perfectly fine on a lot of other servers. There's literally a verb for suicide on TG code, with various comedic suicide effects depending on which item you're holding. The rules say that when suicide is done it's typically done as an attention grab. Mine wasn't, I literally moved into a bathroom stall for that very reason. I just wanted to stop the song, and ghost at the same time. There's a pretty big difference between things that happen during the round, and things that occur at centcomm. I was just getting around to making in-game friends, but obviously that isn't possible now.
SomeDingus

Re: [lm40] SomeDingus - Killing Self At Round End

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:27 pm

Killing yourself doesn't stop a MIDI file from playing. There are preference settings to disable sound. You could have also logged out, or used AHELP to ask the staff how to stop the music. Furthermore, the round doesn't stop once you get to centcomm. You've also managed to get reported every day since your ban was appealed, which is not exactly ideal or endearing.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby SomeDingus » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:32 pm

Demicus_Maximus wrote:Killing yourself doesn't stop a MIDI file from playing. There are preference settings to disable sound. You could have also logged out, or used AHELP to ask the staff how to stop the music. Furthermore, the round doesn't stop once you get to centcomm. You've also managed to get reported every day since your ban was appealed, which is not exactly ideal or endearing.

I wasn't even aware of these reports? Not sure what I've done that would warrant them. I've honestly tried my best to be chill, I'd stop whatever behavior is upsetting people, if you told me what exactly was upsetting folks.
SomeDingus

Postby Kenzie » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:36 pm

I mean if you are defending your rule breaks with 'it's ok on /tg/' then you are gonna have a real hard time trying to fit into a furry vore server. Which seems to have been the problem so far. Not really too eager to have you back, so this appeal is denied.
Kenzie

Return to Denied