[BigBababooey] GooglyFox - Remorseful

Moderator: Game Admins

[BigBababooey] GooglyFox - Remorseful

Postby Red_Fox » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:41 pm

Byond account and character name: GooglyFox / Hell.
Discord ID (if applicable): Dutchy#4523
Banning admin: BigBababooey.
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Game or Server.
Ban reason given: Not exactly sure the exact one, but I know that I had played clown without a whitelist, abusing HoP, and doing LRP.
Ban length: Indefinite.
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): :10/10/2022 7:30 PM or so.
Your side of the story: I played clown as HoP stupidly, and I do regret it. I did admittedly do LRP on accident, as I was just playing around as a clown when I wasn't meant to, and I lacked the braincells to actually roleplay what I was doing, and react appropriately, I lacked both of those on accident severely. And I do apologize for my precious actions, and or problems.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I do admit that I did play clown as HoP without a whitelist, I also regret doing earlier mistakes as well, though I mean better than what I have shown, I want to show that I can do better than this, and that I am just trying to be a good guy. Though I ain't exactly finding the right ways to do so, I mainly request to be unbanned because I could try to make it up for my mistakes, and I really do enjoy the server, and I wouldn't want to be banned, after all I have gotten on it, I want to at least try to make it up for you. I didn't mean to do the things I did back then, and now. They were just accidents that my mind thought was a good idea. I apologize sincerely, and I would appreciate one last chance, if anything. I promise to not make another mistake, and if I do it would only hurt me, I promise to also not try to do anything stupid for now on. And I also submit to the fact that I don't get a chance after this, as I sincerely wish to fix my attitude afterwards. I've tried my best to not do anything stupid since the last one, and I slipped up. I don't want to do anything bad on purpose, give me a chance, if not the last chance.
Red_Fox

Re: [BigBababooey] GooglyFox - Remorseful

Postby biggs » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:37 pm

I'm going to be frank. I really thought a month would give you some time to actually like, show some more self reflection here. But for your sake, and to help you understand how going forward works, I won't just leave it at declined. It still is, mind you, but I think it would do you well to keep reading.

First of all, bluntly. This 'accidental' narrative you keep trying to sell me doesn't do anything. The ban was delivered due to what was done, the action itself is a problem on a server like ours and the ban was informed via the action and past behaviors, the cause of it is tangentially related at best and frankly is not an accident. You made a mistake, as you underestimated the incorrectness of what you did, but as you already told me in your last appeal, you demonstrated clear forethought and then a lack of empathy as you discarded it, which is not the first time you've done such a thing. Clown access and gear doesn't just accidentally slip onto someone, as clownish of a scenario as such a thing happening would be.

Now then. I do believe your apology is meant to be genuine, so why am I still declining your appeal? Because you aren't the only one trying to positively experience this server. I had in fact, much to your benefit forgotten who you were specifically. And even when applying my ban, and dealing with your first appeal, I hadn't even fully remembered who you were, only the broad strokes, but I went back and I do now. You have already been permabanned once before this point, and when you appealed, I, as a GM at the time left a rather lengthy response about my negative experiences with you, and what I had witnessed, and you've repeated them once again once you decided to become an active player again.

In a matter of yet again, a rather small handful of days, to your credit, longer than before, but really not long at all overall, you established a questionable reputation, and managed to do multiple extremely questionable acts, in line with things more befitting LRP servers that I can only assume you picked up elsewhere and brought here. In your line of questionable behaviors you got a job ban, something that is also very rarely given, and you did not get any notable pause whatsoever. You've shown no acknowledgement at all of those past actions, nor do your recent behaviors instill and sense of confidence that you have the knowhow to actually properly act in such an environment.

If everything you do wrong is an accident that your mind thought was a good idea. And your present interaction with our server is your idea of being a 'good guy', I just don't think you're a good fit. I don't need to be made up to, but I'm going to make sure our community has as good of an environment as possible. This is not baseball, I don't have to give you three strikes, and even if I did, two permabans and a job bans sounds like three to me. Submitting to the fact that you don't get a chance after this implies some sort of bargain is being made to get one more, but I don't want anything from you other than for you to be a positive member of our community.

The situation for you to go forward is this. You have another month before your next appeal. I'm not going to be anal about the fact this was a bit before the 30 day mark, I could have stonewalled you till then if I really wanted, some appeals stick around for quite long after all. But, I strongly advise doing one of two things. Either one, play elsewhere that at least has somewhat similar principles to us (I know there's not a ton of HRP vore servers) and be a model community member, and ask one of their staff let us (or well, me, whatever is easier for them) know of your good behavior when you next go to appeal. Personally, I'd prefer a longer vouch than one month, but even that would be a marked improvement with how quickly you've had issues before. Or two, use this time to show an actual understanding about how you've acted overall, and how you should be acting going forward. In an ideal world, you do both. I don't need you to apologize, especially since the clown thing was a piece of a whole. I need you to demonstrate you can exhibit the empathy and self reflection required to understand these things that negatively impact our game environment and players, to have faith you can avoid them in the future.
biggs

Return to Denied