ban appeal - Fire Break - discord/game

Moderator: Game Admins

ban appeal - Fire Break - discord/game

Postby Nightshadow » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:38 am

Byond account and character name: Fire Break
Discord ID (if applicable): Nightshadow#1325
Banning admin: Demi
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Discord/server
Ban reason given: "harassing people on discord and being a general blight on the server"
Ban length: perm
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 01/07/2022 (time unknown, was offline at the time)
Your side of the story: unknown, as I was not given a reason to anything specific.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I honestly have not been made aware of any form of harassment I had done on discord. all of the people I had contacted on discord had been with good intent, and had also been consenting. until I get a reason or something specific so I know what I did, I will not be commenting on it as I do not want to make excuses for something I am unaware of. that aside, however, I have waited. I realized some of the actions I did within the server have been less than desirable. I have taken a break, and have gone to other places, playing other games, interacting with other people, trying to make a clear mind of myself so, if I do decide to return, which I am hoping to now, I am able to return with a reasonable headspace and a more appropriate attitude. I am willing, and I understand if a longer time to wait is appropriate and the staff believe a longer time to wait is better, however, I would like to state that yes, I did not do the best things. I was not the most desirable person on the server. and I possibly made some people unhappy. I recognize that. However, I would like to have conversation about it instead of a removal. every day I try to improve myself with my actions and knowing what I did wrong in a civil manner is what I am after. I would hope that, possibly, a proper conversation can be had, be it here, or in discord DM's regarding what all was wrong, what all happened, and more specifically what could be improved.

I look forward to hearing more and getting this resolved. I hope the information about who I harassed on discord can be shared with me so I am able to understand, however, if it is not desired to share here, or they do not wish to disclose themselves, I would like to send my apologies and my condolences, as harassment and ill will was not in my intentions.
Nightshadow

Re: ban appeal - Fire Break - discord/game

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:15 am

Apologies for the very long delay in replying to your appeal. Bit of moonbrain and didn't even notice it.

Now, as to WHY you got banned, well it honestly was not because of a single incident. It was a culmination of MANY incidents spread out over the course of months of interactions both in game and over discord.

Thanks to your abysmal behavior, you'd already recieved bans from many roles on the station, including:
- All heads of staff (SM, HoS, HoP, CE, RD, CMO, CS)
- All exploration roles (PF, EXP, FM)
- All security roles (WRD, SO, DET) EDIT: You were about to be banned from those roles, but you got permabanned before I'd banned you from those roles too
- All ghost roles (Maint pred, drones, etc.)

You'd also received at least one temp-ban AND one perma-ban previously.

These are because of a number of incidents, such as refusing to follow standard operating procedures regarding voidsuits even when ordered to do so by the appropriate heads of staff, demanding lethal firearms at all times even when ordered to hand them over, overstepping authority as an explorer, stealing other players jobs, self antagging as off-site roles on the Talon, logging out when confronted by staff, busting into RP scenes and then refusing to leave when asked to until staff intervene, encouraging other players to partake in prefbreaking and/or rule breaking for your own entertainment, straight up not following any directives given by heads of staff until admins intervened...

In addition, myself and several other staff members would be constantly messaged in private DMs. Not bad at all by itself. But. The way you would message us also was very off-putting. Like a child trying to guilt-trip their parents into buying them their favorite expensive breakfast cereal instead of the healthy one on sale, for lack of a better way to word it. Again, not by itself bad, but combined with the sheer volume of these messages at all hours, made staff uncomfortable. And then, on top of all this, you'd ask us for help and advice and then just straight up ignore it. Constantly. It took us days to get you to even file a proper ban appeal, since we do not allow ban appeals over DMs in the interest of transparency.

Then, the baseless attacks on admin Kenzie, claiming that they were meta-hating against you and were determined to see you banned, despite the aforementioned incidents being handled by a variety of different staff members, from GMs all the way to HeadAdmins, over the course of months.

So in short, you were a constant pain in our collective asses, and we would cringe any time we'd see your name appear.

Now, these were past incidents that were resolved for the most part. They merely lay out a VERY brief history of your behavior, to give you some idea as to our mindset at the time.

The first thing that came to light was you timing the replies of another user and, when they took too long, you threw it back at them. Despite being it being a scene you started, started knowing the time, and then got upset about because you didn't have time. A minor red flag, yellow even perhaps, but another warning flag popping up none the less.

However, mere minutes after we get this, we get MORE information from a different player. This time, more serious. Where you belittle them for their character not being a species you like, while also trying to guilt-trip them into sceneing with you in a creepy way.

It was at this point that those of us online decided that enough was enough. The final feather that broke the horses back. You were more trouble, hassle, and irritation than you were worth, and so I banned you.

Now we're caught up.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Nightshadow » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:21 am

regarding the delay - understandable, and I don't blame you

now, in terms of replying to the things stated - personally, I do not recall some things. SOP regarding voidsuits, I am to believe is in reference to an incident regarding on ship where a astroid crawler got on, and I was attempting to deal with it, though, it has been some time, and I do honestly forget if that was the cause of it
lethal firearms - this I am unsure of. perhaps during my time as an explorer I would enjoy using them on exploration missions, though I do recall handing them over or placing them in the explo room. perhaps this is in reference to using a lethal during my time as security to, once again, deal with creatures, spiders, crawlers, etc. as I believed that they did more damage to them and, in turn, would have a higher chance of finishing them off faster than using a stun feature, though I could be wrong
over stepping authority as an explorer - this, I am not in any position to reply to, as it has been a fair amount of time, though, honestly, I wont say you are wrong, as it is entirely possible, and probably that you are correct
stealing other players jobs - this I am unsure of. I cant exactly think of a specific time when I stole someones job, other than asking for a light replacer and fixing some lights at times, though again, I wont outright deny it, as it does seem possible
self antagging as Talon - I don't quite remember this. though again, it has been some time since I was Talon, so I could be forgetting it
logging out when confronted by staff - this, I am fairly certain I am being mistaken for. although one time when an incident occurred regarding a sect queen, I had to leave for something out of my control, of which I did return later, I did not mean to leave because staff were there
busting into RP scenes and refusing to leave - I don't know about this one. although I am quite thick headed and don't take subtle hints very well from people, I don't recall something like this happening, especially with staff
encouraging other players to partake in prefbreaking and or rule breaking for your own entertainment - again, not something I can recall off the top of my head. although something that could have happened, I don't believe it would be something I would do. especially when it comes to prefbreaking, I am almost always willing to not do something because the other person doesn't want to
not following directives given by heads of staff until admins intervened - not entirely sure about this one. most times I would follow heads of staff, and when I wouldn't, I would put forth a reason and, if that didn't change it, I would follow through. again though, entirely possible im forgetting something
private messaging staff in DM's - this I will admit to 1000%. when it comes to things like talking to staff members about anything in anything, I prefer to take things on one on one. part of the reason being some of the mental abilities of my own and, more specifically, something called O.D.D (opposition defiance disorder). though yes, I will own up to this one
attacks on Kenzie - again something I will certainly own up to. at first I believed Kenzie was after me. it seemed constantly that any time anything bad would happen to me it was always Kenzie. during the last little bit before I was removed I let loose on that thought and realized Kenzie wasn't actually after me. true, I preferred to not interact with them, though it was for other, non-admin related reasons
timing another persons replies - this again, was something I did. yes, when I was in an RP with someone, I was waiting, and waiting and waiting. I eventually was getting slightly annoyed, and timed it to see how long they were taking to reply. It was late for me true, and it was an RP I was planning to go by quickly, though, when the person started to take an extended amount of time to reply, I realized I wouldn't be able to continue. I attempted to, in the most polite way possible, to tell them that I wouldn't be able to continue and would prefer if we simply ended the RP then and there. if they do still feel I wronged them, as I said, I did not mean to, and was simply not interested in waiting for an extended period of time where I would need to leave shortly there after
species and guilt tripping - this, I am very confused about. in terms of species when it comes to RP, I don't have any preference. I often would RP with anyone, of any species. though I do have preferences, none of them would be to such an extent that I would not RP with someone whatsoever. the only species I would hate on, is my own, because I made it poorly (see wasp-girl-hybrid I made. and hated). as for guilt tripping them into sceneing with me, I don' understand that, as personally, if I did say guilt trip them, yet they were a species I didn't like, I wouldn't want to scene with them. though this may be something I am unaware of, or may have forgotten, so there could be some information that I am forgetting

finally, the straw that broke the camels back, I can understand. I know I can often times be a lot more work than I let out to be and, truly, I apologize. as I said, I didn't mean to be any trouble to anyone, and currently, simply wish to return to the server whenever I can. I am fully expecting a denial of this appeal, and I am willing to accept that. I simply wish that my actions are understood, and it is made clear that I did not mean any harm or malice to anyone

I look forward to hearing back, and knowing what the result of this appeal is - be it an unban, or some more time to wait before that happens
Nightshadow

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:21 pm

As I said, most of these were already dealt with, and were brief examples from our notes. But I wanted you to have some insight as to why I was so very done dealing with this all... and I wasn't the only one.

As for bringing you back, I currently do not support it. Maybe at a later date.

The rest of the admins will have a chance to get a say in still, however.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Nightshadow » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:19 pm

I understand. as I stated previous, I understand if the ban appeal is not to be approved right away. however, I do intend on continuing to try. likely in about a month or more. I do quite enjoy playing, and am dedicated to trying to improve myself. personally, I apologize for causing you such hardship, along with all the other staff.
Nightshadow

Postby Nightshadow » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:37 pm

Hello again. I was wondering what was going on regarding the appeal process here. I recognize that Demicus has said that other staff will have a chance to get a say in the matter, however I do not see any activity in my post, and very little views as a whole. I do not intend on being pushy, though, I do wish to have closure, be it with the appeal being closed, so I am able to confirm the answer, as right now it currently stands unknown for me as to the final decision with what Demicus said, or if there are other staff members who are going to be looking into this appeal at some point and giving an answer

I simply ask as I recently noticed the appeal had been open for a month, and wanted to know for sure the answer, and consider when to next apply for an appeal
Nightshadow

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:46 pm

Given there have been no other replies, at this point I am DENYING your appeal.

We will not accept further appeals for 30 days, after which point you can try again. You're going to want something more substantial if you do, however.
Demicus_Maximus

Return to Denied