ban appeal forum - Fire Break

Moderator: Game Admins

ban appeal forum - Fire Break

Postby Nightshadow » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:29 pm

first and foremost, before going on regarding this entire appeal, I request that any conversations and/or approve/deny is done over discord, or something otherwise, as I would prefer not to have it on here showing to the entire forum

Byond account and character name: Fire Break

Discord ID (if applicable): N/A

Banning admin: lm40 (Kenzie

Ban type (What are you banned from?): SS13 server

Ban reason given: "deep inquiry into an obvious scene taking place in maintenance as captain, badgering involved parties and ignoring all hints to back off, this is after a long history of dubious behavior on the server so"

Ban length: permanent

Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 09-04-2021 (12:14)

Your side of the story: my side of the story is a bit different than what is described. although I do see now, how what I was doing could be easily seen as badgering and ignoring hints to back off, at the time, I had no idea. the full context of the story involves a body that was 'unconscious' with an 'unknown' name. there was someone nearby them, and thus I inquired about it over comms. they said it was "nothing to worry about...". the thing that made me believe there was something more happening, or some kind of thing to join in on, was the "..." at the end. I continued to ask a few other short questions. I asked "do you plan on eating them?" to they replied "no". I then said, in italics "do you plan on fucking them?" and they replied "No!". after that, I had been quiet for a bit of time, before saying one last thing "do you have some kind of nest or something?" reason being the character was a vassillian. they said no, and afterwards I simply returned to the bridge and sat, relaxing. shortly after I was messaged and after a brief discussion of at first being asked to not be a site manager, that I was just going to get outright banned

Why you think you should be unbanned: personally, I don't think I should be unbanned right away. irl, I have mental issues and disorders that make it challenging for me to recognize emotions and the thought process of others, and how they might perceive what I am doing, and how I may perceive what I am doing. things such as oppositional defiance disorder (ODD), aspergers, ADHD and other minor things. these conditions have made it challenging for me to realize faults in how I interact with people, and has lead to me personally not having many interactions with people irl either. at the time of the incident, I wasn't aware that the other party was in a scene or doing something of the sort. Often I have hard times 'taking a hint' or something. Although I have been trying to improve this, my mental disorders have been a challenge to overcome.
if this application is to be accepted in one form or another, all I request is that, when it is accepted, a few days or a week is taken in between the actual unban, giving me time to process and think about how I am going to better myself for the future of being on the server. if I do get unbanned, and I do rejoin the server, I don't plan to join any form of job or position that is high skill/needed or anything of the sort. No heads of staff. no security. no jobs that could get me in trouble. I plan on simply taking it easy, and not causing trouble

I know that I am asking for a lot, even if it is just an unban, but, this server is important to me. from the first day I joined I loved it, and interacting with the people there has given me a lot of joy. and although I may not show it, because it is difficult for me to, the admins and staff that are on, which is surprisingly more often than not, are always useful and helpful

thank you for looking into this
Nightshadow

Re: ban appeal forum - Fire Break

Postby JoanRisu » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:07 pm

It goes without saying based on how quiet this appeal is that there is reluctance lingering in the air that needs a little icebreaking so I'll just start things off.

I appreciate you are vocalizing your intent to stay out of jobs that require a good deal of social managing, I recognize that. I also recognize that you have a condition(s) that makes general ooc consideration difficult to parse. Before I voice my leaning, however, I'd like to hear from the staff.
JoanRisu

Postby Nightshadow » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:16 pm

JoanRisu wrote:It goes without saying based on how quiet this appeal is that there is reluctance lingering in the air that needs a little icebreaking so I'll just start things off.

I appreciate you are vocalizing your intent to stay out of jobs that require a good deal of social managing, I recognize that. I also recognize that you have a condition(s) that makes general ooc consideration difficult to parse. Before I voice my leaning, however, I'd like to hear from the staff.

im.. pretty sure its already being discussed with staff... at least, thats what i've been told. im not sure entirely. but at least i now know its been recognized and is certainly being looked at
Nightshadow

Postby JoanRisu » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:01 am

I mean hear them on the record. It's one thing to talk amongst ourselves, quite another to speak on this thread.
JoanRisu

Postby Nightshadow » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:13 am

JoanRisu wrote:I mean hear them on the record. It's one thing to talk amongst ourselves, quite another to speak on this thread.

yes, true. I will leave you to it then
Nightshadow

Postby Kenzie » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:51 pm

Nightshadow wrote:and after a brief discussion of at first being asked to not be a site manager

this alone is enough to make me extremely skeptical of unbanning you, period.

anyway, this was more of a nail-in-the-coffin sort of deal than a super-huge-instakill offense, there have been numerous instances of you clashing with people, and numerous complaints. whatever mental reasons are behind this the facts remain.

even if i was to lift the ban i would definitely still leave some kind of command jobban in place which is what i was gonna do to begin with, regardless i don't really think this should be lifted so soon, i might feel a little more comfortable revisiting it a few months down the line.
Kenzie

Postby Nightshadow » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:49 pm

Kenzie wrote:
Nightshadow wrote:and after a brief discussion of at first being asked to not be a site manager

this alone is enough to make me extremely skeptical of unbanning you, period.

anyway, this was more of a nail-in-the-coffin sort of deal than a super-huge-instakill offense, there have been numerous instances of you clashing with people, and numerous complaints. whatever mental reasons are behind this the facts remain.

even if i was to lift the ban i would definitely still leave some kind of command jobban in place which is what i was gonna do to begin with, regardless i don't really think this should be lifted so soon, i might feel a little more comfortable revisiting it a few months down the line.

reason being that i ask so soon is because well, the server is really the only thing i was doing for fun for some time. if anything, i would prefer if it would be simply a unban and a job ban. only playing the characters i have that are less likely to cause any issues. not to mention the fact that its been a stress relief place for me, and, with college causing me some issues lately, i really would like to come back as soon as possible

if the answer still is no though, all i ask is instead of a vague 'few months', a specific date. say, november 17'th, december 20'th, etc
Nightshadow

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:55 pm

I cannot support unbanning them at this time.

While I don't think they have malicious intent, they're a trouble magnet, and trying to talk to them is like pulling teeth. And I am not a dentist.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Kenzie » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:06 pm

ideally you would appeal when you think you can play without causing friction, some kind of endorsement from another similar ss13 server that shows you can behave would definitely help

anyway for now the ban will remain, as i said we can revisit replacing the server ban with various jobbans and such in a few months
Kenzie

Return to Denied