Moderator: Game Admins

JerTheAce-Tonyvld Quality Control

Postby tonyvld » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:23 pm

Byond Name and Character Name: Tonyvld, Tony Bingham
Banning admin: JerTheAce
Ban type: Server
Ban reason given: Quality Control
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 3/6/2018 I don't know the time though, just the approx date.
Your side of the story: Honestly, I fucked up, hard. I had been walking a thin line being a lil shit stain, while I wasn't explicitly breaking any rules, I wasn't exactly following them either. I was being a bit of a dick and getting on alot of peoples nerves or making them uneasy. It's inexcusable and wrong, no matter my reasons, I shouldn't have been like that. What I should have done is the smart and respectable thing and just stepped away from the server til I got my shit straight enough to not be an issue. So the QC ban on me, I agree with it. I was a bad player to have around.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Hm, I don't know how to really word this, but I'll do my best, so please excuse me if it sounds a little off. But I just would like to show you, in the two years I've been gone, I have changed. I'm not the little letcher that just randomly jumps people, and I've calmed down quite a bit. I know it might be asking alot to let me show you the change I've made, but I would appreciate it if you gave me this chance.
tonyvld

Re: JerTheAce-Tonyvld Quality Control

Postby tonyvld » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:28 pm

Oh and just a quick little side note, I have learned to take criticism and learned when to back off of something when told to, or it's obvious that the other isn't interested, I tried to edit the post above to add this, but heh...couldn't find the button to do so. And learned to just...follow the rules, had I done that to start with, I wouldn't be in the mess I'm in, wouldn't have the wrap sheet I do, and even if I did fuck up at some point, it wouldn't have gotten a perma ban and I would have a bit better of a name for myself here.
tonyvld

Postby Aces » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:04 pm

Didn't you ICly make a bracelet out of someone's drain hair in the shower and give it to them as a gift?

That level of cringe was a major contributing role in my banning you. Not that specific incident, but that was among the reasons you got quality control banned.

I should note that, if it was a proper quality control ban, 70% of the staff had to vote in favor of it. I might have been the one who made the ban, but that means at least 70% of our staff were in agreement if I am correct.

I'm pretty sure we made a lot of attempts to change your behavior, all to no avail. It wasn't a matter of not taking criticism well; it's that you straight up wouldn't even recognize the complaints to begin with.
Aces

Postby tonyvld » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:08 pm

I know Ace, I do, I was a serious headcase back then. But I have changed, I'm not the same cringy overly clingy guy I once was. I've chilled out a good bit as stated earlier. I was a huge problem back then and I sat back and realized the issue was me and the way I acted and played, being overly clingy, attached and cringy.
tonyvld

Postby Aces » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:10 pm

Okay, well, it has been two years I suppose.

I'm still not comfortable supporting this, but hearing that, I don't feel right opposing it either. The admin staff can decide.
Aces

Postby tonyvld » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:10 pm

Also, uhm....no it wasn't hair from the drain, good god no. It was just loose fluff from Tony's own tails, not out of the shower, even I didn't go that low. But still, I will admit it was creepy and shouldn't have been done.
tonyvld

Postby nerdass » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:25 pm

nerdass

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:34 pm

Please refrain from using images/memes as a reply. As part of a reply perhaps, but just a giant deep-fried face is not a proper reply.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:56 pm

Also, for the record, this is your notes page:

Had to talk with them about abusing the resize verb. Tony promised to heed the rules oabout that in the future. by Demicus_Maximus (Admin) on Sun, January 10th of 2016 Remove

Excessive and unfounded public derogatory hate speech about Kerena, then escalated to threats to permanently murder Kerena. Was told of ICly by CentCom. by Demicus_Maximus (Admin) on Sat, April 2nd of 2016 Remove

Had to personally tell him to knock off his excessive issues as it was well beyond the limit. by Demicus_Maximus (Admin) on Sat, April 2nd of 2016 Remove

Starting arguments with people over comms as security, then tried to arrest them for insulting an officer when they responded in kind. Dealt with ICly. by Scree (AdminSupervisor) on Sun, April 3rd of 2016 Remove

Banned from Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer - Banned after being found AFK in the dorms for 293 minutes. In doing so, allowed your ID to be stolen by would-be griefers who used it to open the armoury and steal guns. by Ultimated (GameAdmin) on Sun, June 5th of 2016 Remove

Came across as being a massive prick to someone in medical, name calling and lots of yelling over medical coms, admins were contacted to intervene. Tony says its all IC and he just wanted to play grumpy for the day, letting IC handle it for the time being. by Molenar (GameAdmin) on Mon, June 20th of 2016 Remove

Kicked off a massive screaming match with the captain as bartender because the captain... put pun pun (who had been found in maintenance) back into the bar backroom. Claimed it was trespassing. Escalated with "whatever skank", "the captain can go ride a dick for all I care", remarks about her being a herm and "beating off", and when the captain finally warned her, described her as "disrespectful elven sluts who think they own everything, when she needs to go fuck off" - grabbed the shotgun when the captain called her in for demotion, then ahelped the whole mess. Told to knock it off and not complain OOC when they escalate a situation IC and face IC consequences. by Scree (HeadAdmin) on Tue, June 28th of 2016 Remove

Also told to knock off the autohit RP-posts about things like snatching things out of people's pockets. by Scree (HeadAdmin) on Wed, June 29th of 2016 Remove

Got into an altercation with Security over what they believed was a wrongful arrest. Went over the HoS and seemed to think that Captain can do whatever they want, a direct contradiction of their views expressed in Scree's note on the 28th. Dragged the IC into OOC by harassing the other players involved rather than get an admin. Given a "final warning" for this IC into OOC behavior. Further incidents should be punished more harshly. by Demicus_Maximus (GameAdmin) on Sat, July 9th of 2016 Remove

Asked to not play Cap, HoS, or HoP for a while due to having been ICly relieved of command. Any further incidents regarding abuse of command positions should result in a job ban from command, permanent pending appeal, to get their bloody attention. by Demicus_Maximus (GameAdmin) on Sat, July 9th of 2016 Remove

Had a long talk with him about hostile behaviour. He insists it's entirely in-character. I've informed him that it's not anyone else's problem if he can't tell when he's crossing a line or not. This is another entry in a long line of incidents, so if he continues to be hostile, I strongly recommend stronger disiplinary action be taken. by Pyrophile (TrialAdmin) on Sat, October 1st of 2016 Remove

Pretty much had a 'scene' planned were her security officer character showed on station with a lethal shock collar, Broke into the armory with the detective to get some emps to get the collar off, Then Joni Guess (Battlecreeper) joined, unaware of anything while Tony's officer was on the armory. Tony then inmediatly ooc messaged Joni and asked if he wanted to be an ANTAG being the slaver that placed the collar on her character. So tony pretty much decided to self antag another player without much prepartion at all, Also dragging the entire security department into the situation. I had to go explain him that if he wanted to do his slaver slave roleplay he could do that more privately, First because self antaging is against the rules and second because if you are an Antag concequences like IC firing and Executions can occur to you specially when you drag the entire department into it. by Dhaeleena (GameAdmin) on Wed, October 5th of 2016 Remove

Randomly threatened to murder the chaplain and nail them to the wall, insisting 'it's okay because the character is a bitch'. I told him to try and be more tactful. by Pyrophile (GameAdmin) on Sun, October 16th of 2016 Remove

Talked to yet again for being overly hostile IC. Given an ultimatum. Was told to either stop being so hostile, or play another character, or he'd end up banned. Including this note, I count 9 notes on this account for unreasonable hostility ICly. by Ultimated (GameAdmin) on Sun, October 16th of 2016 Remove

(MANUAL BAN) Now up to double digits of completely unwarranted IC hostility the instant you make contact with the crew. Evendently telling you to cut it out isn't working, so maybe this will drive it through your head. Joined as assistant after asking admins to free bartender slot, shouted for the HoP, gave them less than a minute before storming off to cryo, switched jobs, then immediately came back and picked a fight with them. Not even "asked to leave and they didn't", the first word out of your mouth was "scram". http://pastebin.com/gw6GFfAk (CUSTOM IP) (CUSTOM CID) by Scree (HeadAdmin) on Mon, November 14th of 2016 Remove

After being called out for IC aggression, is now resorting to passive-agressiveness with people. Accusing them of breaking rules on jobs because Emily Hynes (Psychologist) did not immediately come running out to talk with them, then backseat adminned about how that is against the rules, and they'd get banned if they kept doing it... all with that sugar-coated niceness he has on everything. by Demicus_Maximus (HeadAdmin) on Tue, January 31st of 2017 Remove

Got a poke from Lucia Null/PontifexMinimus about the player harrassing them. Had a chat with them, went over that while someone may have a grudge they can't be forced to interact with you or tell you why. Especially if they've made it clear to just leave them be, Lucia made it a point to try and avoid and stay no contact because they dislike the player. Tony proceeded to harrass, till Lucia had ahelped. Couple screenshots, missing prior ahelp messages due to DC bug. http://imgur.com/S3xsow8 https://puu.sh/vro0q/7e3b855344.png by Zalvine (TrialAdmin) on Fri, April 21st of 2017 Remove

liquidfirefly has banned tonyvld. - Reason: Meta'd voided information about another player regarding an incedent about a handheld teleporter. Did not respond do admin PMs, even when given an exorbitant amount of time and chances to do so. Horrid note history combined with all of this puts you on extremely thin ice. - This will be removed in 4320 minutes. by Liquidfirefly (TrialAdmin) on Fri, September 8th of 2017 Remove

pontifexminimus has banned tonyvld. - Reason: Ran into surgery as a resident and hijacked a surgery because the surgeon "took too much time and just stood there". Refused to leave even as the CMO told him to leave. Even as the captain and security came, refused to leave. Claims he's a medical officer, but how can you confirm that without a skillset set. Totally unapologeptic about it, even as he was shown the rules. Take this weekban to reflect upon this behaviour and realize if you want to play medical, play medical. Listen to the CMO. Don't hijack others people's job because you think you can do better. It's really just belligerent. - This will be removed in 10080 minutes. by pontifexminimus (GameAdmin) on Fri, January 5th of 2018 Remove

Jemli has added a note about tonyvld. - Reason: Pulled a massively creepy thing that made an event volunteer extremely uncomfortable, creating a bracelet with the spa attendants name on it from their own hair while inside the spa attendant's womb. Not against any rules, but, it definitely is something that someone should talk to him about when he's online next. by Jemli (GameMaster) on Sat, March 3rd of 2018 Remove

(MANUAL BAN) Quality control. Player has literally 3 pages of playernotes. (CUSTOM IP) (CUSTOM CID) by JerTheAce (Host) on Sun, March 4th of 2018 Remove

The name Tony has become synonymous with serial-killer levels of both aggression and creepiness. Not listed in these notes is the creepy behavior that players had to endure when you were online. Female characters in particular would be approached as if they were your best friends, talking about how much you like them and want to talk with them. Nothing bad in of itself, but the way it was said and how MUCH it happened was downright disturbing. I had no desire to play certain characters while you were even online, let alone playing as Tony. Soon, I didn't want to play at all while you were on. Brand new characters that were just stepping off the shuttle for the first time ever would be messaged via PDA about how "Oh you have a nice name, I bet you're cute, wanna come hang out?" and other such lines. Unsettling is an understatement.

Combine that with the aggression and violent acts, and you can see why two years later I am still hesitant to welcome you back.

I won't support or reject however until you have a chance to read over this list, and reply.

[EDITED] - Forgot to add my actual post after the notes. Derp.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby nerdass » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:11 pm

Alright, real genuine response time.

Tony, when I saw this thread, having just gotten back on the admin staff? I had FLASHBACKS.

You were genuinely traumatic to deal with from an administrative standpoint.

so NO thank you, no support.
nerdass

Next

Return to Denied