[JerTheAce] JGlitch - Permaexhile

Moderator: Game Admins

[JerTheAce] JGlitch - Permaexhile

Postby Glitch » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:45 pm

Byond account and character name: JGlitch, Johnny ''Glitch''? Maybe?
Discord ID (if applicable): JGlitch#9245
Banning admin: JerTheAce
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Whole server/Discord
Ban reason given: Baited new security players into attacking him just to troll them. Considering your history, this ban is permanent.
Ban length: Permanent.
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-07-09 17:31:25 GMT+1
Your side of the story: Well I kinda remember that round, it's been a while, MAYBE the logs are saved somewhere to back up my story.
I like playing with security, having fun with them, that's what I used to do here I just found contraband on maintenance, flexed with it in front of sec to get arrested and get arrested. In that particular round I remember ticking off a particularly bratty sec officer, I guess I did bait them into attacking me but not to troll them? I did not do it to validate me attacking them, actually, I'm pretty sure they didnt get harmed at all. I just got harmbatonned the shit out of me, I recall needing surgery and everything, but I didnt complain in LOOC, OOC or Ahelp, and I didnt really complain ICly either.
People just usually forget that lewdcurity is kind of an option, I've gotten pretty great scenes by getting arrested back in the day so thats why I used to do it, but not anymore (considering what happened that day)
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well I dont think that getting beaten by sec is grounds for permabanning anyone, regardless of history or not. I didnt say nasty shit in IC or OOC channels, I didnt break into high-security places, I didnt powergame, I didnt lolclickrobusted that sec officer, just kinda wanted to get arrested and maybe get a scene, but it got out of hand.
Glitch

Re: [JerTheAce] JGlitch - Permaexhile

Postby Wickedtemp » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:51 pm

I was playing that round, fixed them up while I was CMO. From what I remlember, they were initially brigged over some relatively small charge. Security was really fumbling about, I don't believe they searched him or confiscated anything, and he'd gotten harmbaton'd once or twice while in Security Processing, prompting Tempest to chew out the whole of the Security team. After handling the injuries, he was beaten into crit by an officer via baton, iirc he had fractures, heart damage and internal bleeding and probably would've died in about 1-2 minutes. Evidently, they had a toy sword, so the Officer resorted to harm-baton, instead of just...tasing. Iunno why they didn't just tase.

Anyway, I mentioned to an admin that I wasn't so sure as to why a ban was handed out to Glitch, given that the entire incident really wasn't that serious in my opinion. I think it was entirely "because you have a history... ...", which is true, but it seems like an odd place to draw the line.
Wickedtemp

Postby Glitch » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:56 pm

Oh yeah I remember more now, I got put into a cell without getting searched and I pulled out a toy sword and laughed at the fact that I didnt get searched, then I got beaten into a pulp. So I wasnt even flexing contraband I think.
Glitch

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:21 pm

With your history of greytideness and unwillingness to change your attitude/behaviour on station despite constant reprimands and bans. Unfortunately, I can't support you returning to the community. You were a menace. Everytime I saw you get on, I groaned. "What is he going to do today? Oh, great. He downed several pill bottles of maintenance pills like an idiot. Now, he's gonna go bother someone, get security on his ass, run away and provoke 'em. Then get his ass beaten and do the whole 'woe is me, why does everyone hate me'?"

You always wanted to get a scene out of security but never stopped to think if anyone in security ever had an interest in scening with you. It got annoying, it got frustrating and never once did you think if YOU were the problem.

I can't and will not tolerate it further. I was done with it then and I'm done with it now.

No support.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Aces » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:56 pm

You can't seriously think you're getting back in just because I'm not an admin staff anymore. I didn't ban you out of personal preference. I banned you because you were obnoxious and detrimental to the community. If the current administration appeals this I will be seriously disappointed, but if they do, for some insane reason, they're welcome to see why you got kicked out in the first place.

No support.
Aces

Postby nerdass » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:28 pm

glitch gonna be real w/ you here you're kind of an asshole to deal with and i know you only waited until now to appeal this because ace isn't an admin anymore.

no support.
nerdass

Postby Glitch » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:35 pm

You dont have to take my word for it, I've been playing on Bastion of Hestia for a while and they inmediatly thought about this as well, so I got noted as soon as I hopped on pretty much.
But after being there for a while, hopping on and being active, roleplaying and having an overall good time with everyone I met a senior admin added a note:
https://i.imgur.com/Gukxc40.png

As I said, I used to try to get sec to arrest me because I thought it was fun, important word is USED to, and I do realize that it got annoying and why I shouldnt do it anymore, wich I wont.

As Wickedtemp said as well, the incident itself was a an odd place to draw the line, as it wasnt too major, but it still was yet another incident, be it small or big.

Ace, I dont think that you banned me out of personal preference, we didnt have an argument iirc, but this is separate of you not being staff anymore, I dont know why you bring it up. I just want to clean my name in all of the servers that I used to play on while I play on new ones, I'm unbanned from Paradise Station now, never caused trouble since, been playing on Hestia often, admins even took note of it, I've been playing on Chompers (not too much tho, but still) and I dont have a single note.

Paradise Station gave me a chance after almost two years have passed, so they really, really had to give it some thought, and I understand the skepticism, I do, but if I get this appealed, people will not be disappointed, and I'm fully aware that I've said this before in the past, but this time I'm actually delivering.

I've had enough of carrying this 'shitter' title and I'm trying my best, I have even got a taste of my own medicine in the time I've been an admin in Drymouth Gulch (Fallout 13 server), had to deal with quite a bit of shitters on a daily basis, see them get unbanned to then do it all over again, until the server died, people that constantly break or toe the rules can be very harmful to a community and I fully understand if I get denied.

Maybe you could give me a chance to prove you right and give people the ''I told you so'', or to prove you wrong instead, having fun roleplaying on your server and spend the time with old friends I got here that still play the server to this day.

So please, reconsider, or give me the option to get a vouch in the future, as I'll still be active on Hestia.
Glitch

Postby Aces » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:23 pm

Okay, I take back what I said then. If you say this isn't relevant to me not being admin anymore, then I will take your word for it.

Would anyone from Bastion of Hestia be willing to vouch for you? It would be good for some of them to post here. Or, if that server is in host chat, one of the headmins can pester them.
Aces

Postby Glitch » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:41 pm

Aces wrote:Okay, I take back what I said then. If you say this isn't relevant to me not being admin anymore, then I will take your word for it.

Would anyone from Bastion of Hestia be willing to vouch for you? It would be good for some of them to post here. Or, if that server is in host chat, one of the headmins can pester them.

Carl has told me he will do it tomorrow, as he has gone to sleep, so tomorrow a post will be made, thank you.
Glitch

Postby Glitch » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:39 pm

Would a screenshot of his statement be okay? He seems to have problems joining the forum: http://prntscr.com/rqib7x
Glitch

Next

Return to Denied