[JerTheAce] N0B0DY-1MP0R7AN7 - banned for being annoying

Moderator: Game Admins

[JerTheAce] N0B0DY-1MP0R7AN7 - banned for being annoying

Postby NobodyImportant » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:36 pm

Byond account and character name: N0B0DY-1MP0R7AN7
Discord ID (if applicable): NobodyImportant#9627
Banning admin: JerTheAce
Ban type (What are you banned from?): server
Ban reason given: Surpected underaged. Turns out not actually underaged but still incredibly toxic and immature.
Ban length: permanent
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-07-21
Your side of the story:
I was joking around on the discord about "lol that's gay". I may or may not have said "lol fag" too. Since i'm very gay myself, this is just silly banter. Everyone involved in the conversation knew that much, and no one took it seriously - apart from the admin who saw it and got upset, and said i was probably underaged for acting so silly. I don't wanna reveal details of my PMs with Ace, but the point is that he said "talking like that isn't a good way to be taken seriously"

However my goal was precisely to not be taken seriously. To just joke and fool around completely nonseriously. Because i think acting a bit immature an nonserious is a good thing to distract oneself from the dready deadly seriousness that life can otherwise have. I coud go and talk about how i'm depressed and immature-ish because of that, but instead: Just imagine if you were to be serious at all times even talking about a server about anthropomorphic aliens eating each other for sexual pleasure.

I was upset about the mods being so uptight about this, making me jump through hoops because of silly banter, so when providing the picture for my proof of ID, i held the paper with my middle finger. I didn't mean to insult them personally it was just a "oh fuck off with this, of course i'm over 18". That however was again taken an issue with and i was permabanned
Why you think you should be unbanned:
Maybe enough time has passed that Ace can look on this with a bit of a distance.
Even though i am probably still acting immaturely at times, like before - since i think that it is vitally important to survive existence - i'm a good player, and i always try to be nice to everyone.
And i'm sorry if you felt insulted by that picture, i really am, cuz i didn't mean to.

Plus, it's been like 2.5 years. I'd really like a clean slate.
NobodyImportant

Re: [JerTheAce] N0B0DY-1MP0R7AN7 - banned for being annoying

Postby NobodyImportant » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:45 pm

Also, since i can't seem to edit the post, i would like to add that i'd like to actually contribute with good roleplaying and maybe spriting. While i seem to often irk admins unintentionally, other players can probably back me up that i am a nice and conscientous player, never intending any harm.
If something i say is somehow insulting to someone it's pretty much always non intentional or non serious. As was the case here.

Give me a clean slate, and assume that i'm trying my best to be good, and nice (because i am trying my best) and you'll see that it's true.
NobodyImportant

Postby Scree » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:29 pm

Are the mods also being "uptight" about the time you harassed people over on citadel even after they blocked you and you told people to go and pester them on your behalf?
This was earlier this year, by the way.
Scree

Postby Aces » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:35 pm

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1042 Prior appeal.

Aces wrote:Failed to follow directions given in the sticky thread. Attempt to verify ID not valid.

Also,
NobodyImportant wrote:Seriously though, fuck you for banning people for lighthearted immaturity. :|

I don't really care if you're not underaged anymore. You act like it enough that I don't want you here. Appeal rejected.

EDIT: User verified not underaged, but considering you decided to flip me off in the picture, you can stay banned anyway. You might be over 18, but you have demonstrated the maturity of a 13 year old boy, so I'm not unbanning you.

So tell me, why I would want someone like you in this community? Both of your posts and your history scream of narcissism.
Aces

Postby Aces » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:37 pm

inb4 "hurr hurr funny coming from you Ace who is in a position of power which automatically makes you a narcissist too"

At least I don't actively go out of my way to harass people I don't like.
Aces

Postby Aces » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:41 pm

Oh, after the original ban rejection for failure to follow the instructions for underage appeals, you went on to cuss me out over PMs on Byond. Just wanted to add that in here too. I basically told you to fuck off and appeal again in a month. You eventually sent me the proper age verification, but considering you flipped me off in the photo, I decided to keep you banned anyway, as I said in my quoted post.

I wonder what your playernotes say.
Aces

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Aces wrote:I wonder what your playernotes say.
Set off the automute as "the observer" by doing nothing but running around the bar emoting "the observer pings." Ahelped it immediately to complain. Told him what the problem was and lifted the mute. Tue, April 19th of 2016

Not supporting at this time.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Aces » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:41 pm

Surprisingly nothing else in the way of playernotes.
Aces

Postby NobodyImportant » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:25 pm

Aces wrote:https://forum.vore-station.net/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1042 Prior appeal.

So tell me, why I would want someone like you in this community? Both of your posts and your history scream of narcissism.

I have no idea what history you are talking about. If you are referring to what the other admin above said - who should according to your rules not have commented since they are not involved with the ban - he is wrong. That stuff never happened on citadel. It's simply fake. I tried to contact someone through a third party after the first person said they'd get back to me. Which was taken as harrassment. Then they offered me a chance to get unbanned if someone could vouch for me, and after i said i knew even someone from their own admin team who could vouch for me, they said that on second thought i should stay banned. You'd do well to actually check the validity of things before condemning someone based upon them.

I do not see how the posts scream of narcissism. I simply believe that lighthearted banter is not ban worthy and was upset about that. I should have stayed more calm in my PM, true, but from my point of view i was banned for essentially no reason.

I explained in my second post why you should have me in the community. I am a good roleplayer. I could possibly help out with spriting, I always play nice, and i never ever intend to hurt anyone.

Aces wrote:inb4 "hurr hurr funny coming from you Ace who is in a position of power which automatically makes you a narcissist too"
At least I don't actively go out of my way to harass people I don't like.

I wouldn't have said that. If anything the questionnable thing would be how you take what was literally lighthearted banter so seriously that you permaban people for it. Because that seems somewhat immature.
I do not think you are a narcissist, and i completely understand the difficulty in maintaining a community.

I also have absolutely no idea what you are talking about in the second part of your post. I have never in my life done anything like that.

Aces wrote:Oh, after the original ban rejection for failure to follow the instructions for underage appeals, you went on to cuss me out over PMs on Byond. Just wanted to add that in here too. I basically told you to fuck off and appeal again in a month. You eventually sent me the proper age verification, but considering you flipped me off in the photo, I decided to keep you banned anyway, as I said in my quoted post.

I wonder what your playernotes say.

Was it this that you meant? I didn't in any way mean to hurt you. The cussing was just venting my frustration at being banned for banter that everyone involved with understood as such.
And i PMd you in the first place because the ban appeal procedure said to give you the pictures via PM. That's all. I thought that meant BYOND PMs.

Demicus_Maximus wrote:
Aces wrote:I wonder what your playernotes say.
snip

Yep. The admin in question undid the mute, because he too didn't think i needed to be reprimanded for that, i simply didn't realize that saying the same thing over and over was not good. I was playing a barely sapient robot whose purpose it was to observe the lifeforms on the station interacting, and i wanted to give an indication when such an observation had occurred. I did that through emoting a ping, since IPCs can't ping as opposed to borgs. It wasn't supposed to be spam, and the admin in question understood that as well.

Aces wrote:Surprisingly nothing else in the way of playernotes.

I don't have anything else in the playernotes because i am actually a good player.
The only thing i ever get into trouble with is the authority of the admins. I do not act subservient enough to that, and that understandably irks staff. But apart from that i really really always play nice.
Please try to view things from my point of view!
NobodyImportant

Postby PontifexMinimus » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:37 pm

But admins are allowed to post in any appeal and give their opinion, asks questions, etc.

Actually, Scree is one of the people who could approve an unban besides Ace. It's all in the rules if you read 'em.
PontifexMinimus

Next

Return to Denied