Postby Low3 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:56 pm

Byond account and character name:
Discord ID (if applicable): 94011284005076992
Banning admin: ace
Ban type (What are you banned from?): discord ban
Ban reason given: none
Ban length:
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone):
Your side of the story: i came into #dev channel to discuss mapchange related to church, provided multiple reasons why i considered it not very logical. I haven't called anyone or anything names (except naming other russian guys (that came from my server and acted like dickheads) retarded) and tried to explain everything i said, but i just got jumped by multiple people from server that were calling everything i said "bitching", attributed actions of other people to me and refused to have any civil discussion.
Why you think you should be unbanned: i have no idea why i was banned, since i havent violated any rules
Low3

Re: [Ace] low3 - discord ban

Postby Scree » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:12 pm

All you offered was a bunch of "don't do this" without any "do this instead" and calling the place a "shithole".
When asked to be reasonable, your answer was:
How am i not reasonable?
This is constructive criticism
As close as i can get to it

I don't care about "explaining why it is bad" if you refuse to offer ways to do it better, and act like we're the ones being unreasonable when we ask you to nut up and provide something. You don't get to be so aggressive in criticising something if you're not going to bring a solution to the table - at worst, your arguing just got everyone pissed off and stopped anyone else from being able to discuss a solution since it was drowned out by your hyperbole about crack dens and diarrhea.
Scree

Postby Low3 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:22 pm

I was reasonable and used hyperbole only when it was appropriate. I offered multiple solutions like: delivering map changes in a bigger pack, since they don't look very nice on their own; cleaning up a bit places around church on 2s and replacing empty space on 1a where church was with rocks and maints. I came to my own defense only when people started jumping on me and accusing me of stuff i haven't done.
Low3

Postby Aces » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:33 pm

On the contrary you did not offer solutions. You and your buddies came in, one of you called the map setup retarded, predictably made a lot of people upset, and when I directly asked you if you had anything more useful to add, you did not, which resulted in the ban.

It's a text chat. Not a voice chat. You could have, at literally any time, posted something to give us something more to work on. You did not. You also don't even play here. Furthermore, you're a downstream of our server. We don't care what you think of the map change. The fact that you never elaborated on your CoNsTRuCtIve CRITiCiSm means that you in fact did break a rule.

2. No spam. (Posts with useless content, repeated posts, off topic posts, blatant advertisements)

When you post something, think: "What will this post bring to the conversation?"
Posts only designed to antagonize, derail, or otherwise escalate the discussion are generally considered spam. Try to be civil about your grievances.

Your comments were viewed as spam on the grounds that they seem only intended to antagonize, because you didn't offer any solutions aside from basically 'get rid of it' or 'do it over'. You can butter it up with niceties like saying "This is illogical" which is just another way of calling people stupid if you're not going to explain how it could be done better.

Prior to this you also complained about our management of whitelists on the server, to which I say, too bad. It's not our fault you're not smart enough or are too lazy to use github properly to ignore files you don't want updated into your branch. We have to deal with things Polaris doesn't like sometimes. You know what our solution is? I'll give you a hint; it's generally not go to Polaris and whine about it. Either we offer them a PR to change it ourselves if we think they would like the change, or if they reject that, we change it on our end and leave them alone. Currently, you don't even do that much for our server, so your audacity to come in and complain how we do things when you contribute nothing to the community or its code strikes me as incredibly entitled. I don't understand why you are surprised by how negatively people replied to you, being a total stranger coming into the chat to complain.

But, I will humor you. If you can give me an example of a post you made regarding the church changes that actually offered a solution and wasn't purely, "This is bad, change it back," then I will remove your ban. None of your posts were deleted, so if I overlooked something when making the ban, I will be happy to remove it, because everything I just said would be null and void.
Aces

Postby Aces » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Rejected due to lack of reply. Not that I expected one.
Aces

Return to Denied