Postby VioletToyger » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:19 pm

Byond account and character name:http://www.byond.com/members/VioletToyger
Discord ID (if applicable):KittenToyger#9927
Banning admin:Slingerblade
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Perma Banned from Server
Ban reason given:Attacked someone
Ban length:Permenant
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone):2019/10/15 20:58
Your side of the story:Person was honking, I asked them to stop, they didn't.
Why you think you should be unbanned:Because honestly, I wasn't warned, This is my first offence.
VioletToyger

Re: VioletToyger Ban Appeal

Postby VioletToyger » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:08 pm

since I can't figure out how to edit my post I will just add it here:

I was having a bad day, and I am sorry for what happened.
VioletToyger

Postby Scree » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:44 pm

As I understand it, there was also an issue with you repeatedly macro-stepping on them and picking them up despite being asked OOCly to cut it out, before the actual attack.
Scree

Postby Thranos » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:56 pm

Hi!

I'm the player you attacked.
Seeing as how you apparently never so much as glanced at the rules, attacking someone for honking until they go into crit is what's called "Unreasonable Escalation".

I would say something about you not properly understanding what you did wrong, but the suspiciously bare details and the "it was my first offence, you didn't warn me, DELETE THIS" make me think that no, you do in fact know, you just don't give a shit.
About the rules or having broken them, I mean.

Even without having read the rules, this *is* an RP server. Does mauling someone nearly to death for honking seem like good RP? Or even sensical?

Tl;Dr - Nice try, swing and a miss, try again later (reply hazy, try again).
Thranos

Postby Slingblade » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:11 pm

Right so firstly I want to be sure that we're being completely honest here.

Uelman was honking around your character and you found it annoying. You decided to pick them up using macrograb, throw them, and they asked you ICly to put them down as they dislike being picked up, and then again in LOOC. Shortly afterwards you decided to start attacking them. This was at round end, but that does not excuse the actions.

Say: Riley Amythyst: CEASE THE HONKING
SAY: Uelman Dopar: Put me down.
LOOC:Uelman Dopar: don't pick me up.
LOOC: Uelman Dopar: put me down
Riley Amythyst tears her claws deep into Uelman Dopar's upper body!
Riley Amythyst tears her claws across Uelman Dopar's upper body!
Riley Amythyst tears her claws across Uelman Dopar's upper body!
Uelman Dopar falls down to the ground!
LOOC: Riley Amythyst: I did warn you

This looks like a clear breach of IC/OOC interactions, where you got OOC upset at someone doing something annoying. Rather than respond in a manner that was appropriate, such as LOOCing "Dont do this" or going as far as to ahelp should they continue after being asked to stop in LOOC, you decided to just get violent for no real reason, devoid of all roleplay and tossed in that little quip of "I did warn you". At the time that this was reported, there were no active admins and you had disconnected not long after committing the assault. Typically, when someone does something like this it is a very clear sign that they're a troll or just trying to be violent for violence's sake. I reviewed the ahelp by Uelman's player, the logs of the round, and found that you were at fault of both violating the IC/OOC interaction as well as escalating to violence for little to no reason other than you were annoyed.

As of right now I am leaving this open for other admins to review and place their judgement. This is your first infraction, but it was enough that I felt it necessary for you to understand that this behavior is both unacceptable and has consequences.
Slingblade

Postby VioletToyger » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:35 pm

I can accept the punishment, just one event leading to a permanent ban seems a bit excessive, I am more than willing to take time away from the server.
VioletToyger

Postby Aces » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:47 am

I can plainly tell you didn't even bother to read the rules, or even skim them, and your incredibly half-assed appeal makes me think a permanent ban is avoiding a lot of future problems. Being your first offense is not relevant. How you responded is relevant, and your response is very lacking in anything substantial.

You can appeal again later, but for now, it's denied. I will however forego the typical month until you can appeal again. You can appeal again in a week.
Aces

Return to Denied