[mrsignmeup] worksbythesea - toxic behavior

Moderator: Game Admins

[mrsignmeup] worksbythesea - toxic behavior

Postby Worksbythesea » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:52 pm

Byond account and character name: WorksByTheSea - Jolly Rackham
Discord ID (if applicable): Holdem#1398
Banning admin: mrsignmeup (Resh)
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from server/discord
Ban reason given: Due to recent behavior + evidence given to us the community staff believes you are a negative influence on the community.
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 14:54:04
Your side of the story: I was banned without warning following a series of rather shitty behavior on my part in which I was eventually accused of hating the vore fetish as a whole. I regularly played a rather well-liked set of characters who were all rather eccentric. Jolly Rackham however was my usual character which was played as a former pirate turned nanotrasen employee. I was eventually turned into a bad guy after a series of disagreements with other players on the station. I admit the fault on my part in bullying people on the station and for turning into somewhat of a "no-fun-allowed" player.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe I should be unbanned from the server and allowed to return. I appealed my ban once before and it received quite a bit of attention. I have spoken to several friends regarding vore and I believe I have lightened up on the subject. And following my break I have managed to ignore erp things that perviously bothered me and have become more open to rp scenarios. I would like to show that I can once again be a friendly useful member of the community with characters like Gregor Mac A'Rhobust, Jolly Rackham, and Corsair the AI.
Jolly Rackham: Pirate, Pathfinder, Pugilist, Colony Director
Corsair: Computer Virus, Shipboard Artificial Intelligence, Friend to all/Friend to none
Gregor Mac A'Rhobust: Chief Engineer, Electrician, Bartender
Worksbythesea

Re: [mrsignmeup] worksbythesea - toxic behavior

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:32 am

I will open this up for community discussion before I make a decision regarding this. My current stance is currently neutral.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Blakeryan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:26 am

As someone who grew into vore myself. I think it would be cool to see Jolly back.. Providing he has settled down. His Away missions were pretty fun most times, and he wasn't a terrible CD.

+Support
The Santos #3777
Iolanthe; CMO, Doctor, Dominant Pred.
ADAM; HoS, Android, BDSM Switch, Vore Switch.
Nolan Conaway; Emergency Physician, Switch, Prey leaning.
Magdylen Wintre; Colony Director/HoS, Pred.
and more.
Blakeryan

Postby R.A » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:34 am

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1560 Is the previous appeal I believe in case it can be considered relevant to this one.

I personally don't know you but do you think this is the right server for you if you need to be talked to by friends about vore to quote ''Lighten up on the subject'' ?

Wouldn't it just be easier to find one of the many Heavy Roleplay Servers out there that didn't do the Vore gimmick and have fun there?

-support from me if its a slog for you to endure some of the key elements that happen on the server yet for some reason still insist on playing on it.
R.A

Postby Worksbythesea » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:45 am

R.A wrote:I personally don't know you but do you think this is the right server for you if you need to be talked to by friends about vore to quote ''Lighten up on the subject'' ?

Wouldn't it just be easier to find one of the many Heavy Roleplay Servers out there that didn't do the Vore gimmick and have fun there?

I've played this server a little over a year, I've never had a real issue with vore as something that goes on around me, but I have always preferred not to engage in vore personally, I really enjoy the environment of virgo station because the people are are typically very interesting roleplayers that value messing about as much as their erp scenes. You don't know me nor do I know you, but I'm sure that if you've been playing long enough we've interacted at some point. My only negative experiences regarding vore as a mechanic have been due to people prefbreaking or voring my character without OOC or IC consent to it.
Corsair: Computer Virus, Shipboard Artificial Intelligence, Friend to all/Friend to none
Worksbythesea

Postby TheFurryFeline » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:54 am

Posting links to my posts in the last appeal.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1560&start=20#p10416

Big NO from me.
TheFurryFeline

Postby timidvi » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:58 am

Well, since it's been opened up to community discussion, why not.

I wasn't around for the specific incident in question, so perhaps take my opinion with a grain of salt, but taking a quick look back through the previous appeal, what it sounds like is that much of the problems had with the player was them taking their "shitter"ing a bit too far, especially with a particular character who's backstory was designed in such a way that being an asshole could honestly be expected (pirate turned NT employee? in command roles? really?). But frankly, we have had and continue to have "shitters" active on station, often in said command roles, and who still aren't and likely won't ever be banned.

Given the fact that, by comparison, the stuff that Jolly's player did was merely comparable or, depending on how you interpret it, even less dickish than some of the behaviours continuing to be done and protected on the server today, I don't think he ought to continue to be banned. I could maybe say that a character ban for Jolly might be warranted, and that the player be asked to make characters which are a little less... Grating, in attitude and behaviour... in the future, but frankly, his overall behaviour seems to have been merely comparable to that of a lot of players currently on the server today, with the exception of the two specific incidents which seem to have precipitated his ban and the subsequent denial of his previous appeal. While it's true that the incidents for which the player was banned rightfully deserved said ban, I don't think it warrants a long punishment if they'll just tone their "messing around" down a few notches. He wants to mess around and be silly, let him - he just has to remember that being silly doesn't mean being a dick.

tl;dr stop playing a character who's built to be a jerk, be silly and remember that silliness is not dickishness, and you've got my Support.
timidvi

Postby Iroquois Pliskin » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:22 am

The very first interaction I had with you involved you storming up to Engineering, demanding insulated gloves, throwing a fit when I said no, refusing to leave, and screeching at me over comms for calling Sec. Every interaction after, both between you and I- or between yourself and another, followed a similar beat. You would demand something for Exploration, offer no compensation or respect as you do it, and then complain that everyone hates Exploration while being the exact reason people hate it. You are/were your own worst enemy.

That being said? 3 months have passed since I interacted with you. I'm just piping up in here to give feedback, and am entirely neutral on your appeal, simply because I don't have adequate information or recent experience to take a side.
Todo: Not fuck up.
Iroquois Pliskin

Postby Worksbythesea » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:20 pm

Iroquois Pliskin wrote:The very first interaction I had with you involved you storming up to Engineering, demanding insulated gloves, throwing a fit when I said no, refusing to leave, and screeching at me over comms for calling Sec. Every interaction after, both between you and I- or between yourself and another, followed a similar beat. You would demand something for Exploration, offer no compensation or respect as you do it, and then complain that everyone hates Exploration while being the exact reason people hate it. You are/were your own worst enemy.

That being said? 3 months have passed since I interacted with you. I'm just piping up in here to give feedback, and am entirely neutral on your appeal, simply because I don't have adequate information or recent experience to take a side.

TheFurryFeline wrote:Posting links to my posts in the last appeal.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1560&start=20#p10416

Big NO from me.

Thank you Iroquois Pliskin (Lauren Zackson?) for the input, I'd like to apologize for my aggressive attitude when interacting with you in the past, however due to that just being the nature of the character I had chosen to play I won't dismiss them as accidental. I have decided that should I be allowed to return to VORE station in the future I will not attempt to be so contentious with other members of command staff or crew. I've played other characters prior to the beginning of Jolly Rackham who were completely accepted and loved in their communities, and I'm sorry that I allowed that character to ruin my reputation.

Now, TheFurryFeline, in my previous appeal you gave me no room to attempt to defend nor apologize for my actions. I would like it if you would dm me via discord or even here to have an actual conversation regarding the issues you believe I present as a member of the server. I hold no ill will towards you, but I ask that if you are going to contribute to my ban appeal that you provide some form of new discussion regarding the issue before aligning yourself against me.
Worksbythesea

Postby Worksbythesea » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:25 pm

Worksbythesea wrote:Thank you Iroquois Pliskin (Lauren Zackson?) for the input, I'd like to apologize for my aggressive attitude when interacting with you in the past, however due to that just being the nature of the character I had chosen to play I won't dismiss them as accidental. I have decided that should I be allowed to return to VORE station in the future I will not attempt to be so contentious with other members of command staff or crew. I've played other characters prior to the beginning of Jolly Rackham who were completely accepted and loved in their communities, and I'm sorry that I allowed that character to ruin my reputation.

My apologies, I got confused, Cheri Rifler right?
Worksbythesea

Next

Return to Denied