[mrsignmeup] worksbythesea - toxic behavior

Moderator: Game Admins

Re: [mrsignmeup] worksbythesea - toxic behavior

Postby Wickedtemp » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:21 pm

They (FurryFeline) kinda don't really need to explain further. You stole or otherwise acquired a resleeved persons PDA and then used it to tell their character, the CD at the time, "You're awful, kill yourself". There's no room to defend it because its indefensible and objectively shit.

You can apologize, they don't have to accept the apology, thats kinda how it works. They're allowed to hold the same opinion as the last appeal.

As for me, I'm neutral and a bit skeptical. I also have a personal bias against "Being a rude prick that starts shit is a great character trait" in general. I know some people enjoy it, I'm not one of those people. Other than a pirate meme, it kinda seems like thats all Jolly is.
Wickedtemp

Postby Heroman3003 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:31 pm

I have to agree with the sentiment of "Why here of all places". Characters trying to stir conflict with people who want none of it, acting like an entitled prick in exploration, harassing someone with faux anonimity. This just does not seem like a good place for these sort of things, and even if you did mellowed out in your relation to vore, I doubt much will change, especially since you were already, supposedly, 'chill' with it and yet ban occured nonetheless. I really don't see anything actually positive you'd bring, especially since it seems you seem to try to limit your own character interactions to people of similar lack of interest in vore anyway, from what I observed and experienced both since before Jolly and with Jolly himself, so any other server would serve just as well. No support.
Heroman3003

Postby Worksbythesea » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:40 pm

I've never done anything related to vore and so I don't understand the idea of me being an "enemy" to vore.
Jolly Rackham: Pirate, Pathfinder, Pugilist, Colony Director
Corsair: Computer Virus, Shipboard Artificial Intelligence, Friend to all/Friend to none
Gregor Mac A'Rhobust: Chief Engineer, Electrician, Bartender
Worksbythesea

Postby TheFurryFeline » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Wickedtemp wrote:They (FurryFeline) kinda don't really need to explain further. You stole or otherwise acquired a resleeved persons PDA and then used it to tell their character, the CD at the time, "You're awful, kill yourself". There's no room to defend it because its indefensible and objectively shit.

You can apologize, they don't have to accept the apology, thats kinda how it works. They're allowed to hold the same opinion as the last appeal.

As for me, I'm neutral and a bit skeptical. I also have a personal bias against "Being a rude prick that starts shit is a great character trait" in general. I know some people enjoy it, I'm not one of those people. Other than a pirate meme, it kinda seems like thats all Jolly is.

It was a spare communicator, from my impressions on what happened for that case, Tempest. But main thing is, yes, I still completely hold that opinion to heart as to the incident. No defense against such an act for impersonating a recently resleeved person just to tell Sam to kill hirself not two days, as I said in the prior appeal, after I had started taking CD slot when Sam had gotten fed up with hir lack of faith in Jolly's character and their abilities with the job. Before this happened, I had no problems with Jolly, OOCly, but after I eventually found out that it was Jolly that sent the message, the act was completely hostile and belligerent. Sticking to my no support. And why are you even trying this again, knowing that you have a profound distaste for vore as a whole?
TheFurryFeline

Postby Worksbythesea » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:53 pm

I still don't get where the idea that I hate vore comes from.
Corsair: Computer Virus, Shipboard Artificial Intelligence, Friend to all/Friend to none
Worksbythesea

Postby TheFurryFeline » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:15 pm

Worksbythesea wrote:I still don't get where the idea that I hate vore comes from.

Mr_Signmeup wrote:2. I'm well aware that you have a severe distaste towards vore as a fetish. Which is another 'bruh' moment of... You're on a server, literally dedicated to that fetish and you think its weird and disgusting. So, it's a concern to us a staff team that you could be a detriment to that aspect of the community. Worse case scenario is you intervening in scenes cause how dare they enjoy a fetish that the server is literally dedicated to and is even titled after. The main reason I acted is because newcomers were concerned that they wouldn't even be able to participate in the fetish because of what you think. I can't change what you like and dislike but if a new player can't even enjoy a fetish that they want to do but fears about getting judged by a singular person? There's an issue there. So, that is why there was no 'mediation' because I cannot make you magically enjoy vore. I cannot convince you to like it and I'm concerned with how much you can tolerate it. Cause like I said, worse case scenario is that you kick up such a shit storm because someone decided to eat another on an expedition or something, resulting in said person becoming self-conscious about their kinks and leaving the server to avoid a further shit-fest.

Resh said it right in the first response to your last appeal.
TheFurryFeline

Postby Rykka_Stormheart » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:20 am

Yeah, considering all the criticisms in this thread, the biggest one that sticks out is the lack of interest in vore.

There are plenty of other communities you can bring your hijinks to where they'd accept it, like Paradise, Citadel, etc, and you don't have to be into vore. But on VORE Station of all places?
I don't see a reason for you to be here if you're against one of, well, no the primary fetish on this server. Not to mention your behavior, and holy shit, the threat you threw towards Sam. That's... I don't have words for that, but I sure as hell do not want you back.

No Support from me, at all or in the future.
Rykka_Stormheart

Postby ShadowSniper505 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:33 pm

As someone who joined this server with literally no interest in vore and slowly warmed up to it over time I believe you can do the same. I know you haven't made the best of decisions while playing your characters but most of your hijinks were rather harmless(ie. breaking into bridge during a tribunal and promptly getting caught) just refrain from doing anything too heinous in the future and you've got my support
ShadowSniper505

Postby Aces » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:19 am

Like or dislike of vore is irrelevant in this case.

However,
has permabanned worksbythesea. - Reason: Suicided for no discernable reason in Security using a bolt-action rifle and then disconnected. This ban will remain in place until you contact us and tell us why. - This is a permanent ban. Sun, October 7th of 2018

Went into xenobio as the director and got slimed. Started kicking up a fuss over command chat with the other heads about ordering no more xenobio to happen, sacking the xenobiologist, etc etc. After an LOOC conversation, they ahelped asking what authority they DO have to stop the xenobiologist doing xenobiology or letting people into the lab, even faxed asking for the slime lab to be moved off-station to the outpost. Sent them the no fun allowed wiki page. Sat, June 1st of 2019

Keep an eye on when playing AI. Requested for the Antimov lawset as an ahelp (which is an antag lawset, resulting in the death of the crew). But got given PALADIN instead. Later in the shift, he was bothered Phi who was scening in the bedroom of the CD's office by opening and closing doors repetitively to let Renault in. Advised that they shouldn't be messing around with offices to begin with as that's the lowest priority for an AI to be doing. by Sun, June 16th of 2019

Called for vote right after a transfer vote failed. Mon, June 24th of 2019

Got into a whole fiasco with a borg that ended in him beating it to death, was sent a Centcomm message that encouraged him but he was making kinda powertrippy command decisions (ordering borg to robotics as a first resort) and such first. Sat, June 29th of 2019

Impersonated another character to tell The CD that they're a bad CD and they should find an airlock (to jump out of). Gave them a severe warning about telling someone to ICly kill themselves which he retorted saying that other people have also given him similar treatment. He named a few people. Tue, July 2nd of 2019

Asked (an admin) to make an IC announcement on the discord server: "After many requests, we have finally submitted Jolly Rackham to a Psychiatric Evaluator, after several hours of indecipherable screaming Mister Rackham was passed and our Evaluator has since resigned" This is a huge red flag to how this character is intended to be played. BIG red flag. Wed, July 3rd of 2019

mrsignmeup has permabanned worksbythesea. - Reason: Due to recent behaviour + evidence given to us. The staff team believes that you are a negative influence on the community that we strive to promote. If you believe there's been an error, you may appeal but at this current time, it is better for you to spend time away from the community to reflect whether or not you wish to be apart of a community of voraphiles. - This is a permanent ban. by Mr_Signmeup (GameAdmin) on Wed, July 3rd of 2019

Your name rings a bell, not a good one, and the player notes tell me that I probably don't want you back.
Aces

Postby Worksbythesea » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:18 pm

Aces wrote:has permabanned worksbythesea. - Reason: Suicided for no discernable reason in Security using a bolt-action rifle and then disconnected. This ban will remain in place until you contact us and tell us why. - This is a permanent ban. Sun, October 7th of 2018

My original appeal should explain this: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1463

Aces wrote:Went into xenobio as the director and got slimed. Started kicking up a fuss over command chat with the other heads about ordering no more xenobio to happen, sacking the xenobiologist, etc etc. After an LOOC conversation, they ahelped asking what authority they DO have to stop the xenobiologist doing xenobiology or letting people into the lab, even faxed asking for the slime lab to be moved off-station to the outpost. Sent them the no fun allowed wiki page. Sat, June 1st of 2019

The Xenobiologist in question's appeal:https://forum.vore-station.net/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1533
On this however I will admit that it was handled entirely inappropriately on my part, I was rude and unyielding in my reaction to the situation. Had I the knowledge I do now of how xenobiology works I would not have chosen to enter the room and make a fuss regarding it's cleanliness. I was simply attempting to inspect the spaces of the station and bring about some order in all of the departments when my entrance caused my own death. I chose to try and outlaw her slime research for the duration of the round because I had witnessed her cause the slimepocalypse on a previous round and knew that she would likely only cause more of the same. I should have gone about my concerns in a different way however in given a similar situation in the future would not react this way.

Aces wrote:Keep an eye on when playing AI. Requested for the Antimov lawset as an ahelp (which is an antag lawset, resulting in the death of the crew). But got given PALADIN instead. Later in the shift, he was bothered Phi who was scening in the bedroom of the CD's office by opening and closing doors repetitively to let Renault in. Advised that they shouldn't be messing around with offices to begin with as that's the lowest priority for an AI to be doing. by Sun, June 16th of 2019

I would like to try and get this dismissed as I simply requested it to try and entertain whoever the admin watching was and see if they would change my lawset to something with more freedom for interpretation so that I may interact with the crew in a different manner. I'm not about killing the crew or causing giant disasters because that would be a really unironically dickish thing to do. The thing with the door was in fact me being immature and trying to bother someone by allowing their pet to get near them. This is scene-breaking behavior and I would like to apologize for my actions as they were rude as those people were trying to have a good time roleplaying together.

Aces wrote:Called for vote right after a transfer vote failed. Mon, June 24th of 2019

This was a miss-click which I did not intend for, I was clicking and the vote ended while the window was still up for me so it led to me opening a new vote.

Aces wrote:Got into a whole fiasco with a borg that ended in him beating it to death, was sent a Centcomm message that encouraged him but he was making kinda powertrippy command decisions (ordering borg to robotics as a first resort) and such first. Sat, June 29th of 2019

The character I played was intended to be one that had a distaste for robots, that's not to say I wanted to kill all of the robots and dismantle them, but I chose to avoid interactions with them on that character and during interactions I chose to be short and disaffectionate with them. The issue with Jewel, the synthetic character in question, was that I had interacted with them on several occasions prior as the pathfinder and colony director only to be treated extremely rudely by the character, so my characters were undoubtedly biased against them, so I chose to interpret the message from centcom in a rather stupid fashion.

Aces wrote:Impersonated another character to tell The CD that they're a bad CD and they should find an airlock (to jump out of). Gave them a severe warning about telling someone to ICly kill themselves which he retorted saying that other people have also given him similar treatment. He named a few people. Tue, July 2nd of 2019

This was me being an idiot while playing the station in an already bad mood regarding the IC treatment of my character by the majority of the crew. I had been told via the radio by a crew member to find find an airlock which was kind of a huge damper on my mood and I took it out on an unrelated character who I'd had bad interactions with in the recent past leading up to that shift. This was immature and I would like to apologize for the behavior. I understand that "I was in a bad mood, so I took it out on someone, is a poor excuse, and I only ask for a chance herein to redeem myself. I understand now, that the action was a poor choice, and OOCly a real dick move.

Aces wrote:Asked (an admin) to make an IC announcement on the discord server: "After many requests, we have finally submitted Jolly Rackham to a Psychiatric Evaluator, after several hours of indecipherable screaming Mister Rackham was passed and our Evaluator has since resigned" This is a huge red flag to how this character is intended to be played. BIG red flag. Wed, July 3rd of 2019

This was me just attempting to make a joke regarding the poor view of my character by many frequent players at the time, I did not intend it to be taken as a serious request. People tended to label Jolly as Unstable, but also seeming to be able to "Maintain" hireable status. Perhaps the OOC request for the IC thing was too far, and I apologize.

Aces wrote:mrsignmeup has permabanned worksbythesea. - Reason: Due to recent behaviour + evidence given to us. The staff team believes that you are a negative influence on the community that we strive to promote. If you believe there's been an error, you may appeal but at this current time, it is better for you to spend time away from the community to reflect whether or not you wish to be apart of a community of voraphiles. - This is a permanent ban. by Mr_Signmeup (GameAdmin) on Wed, July 3rd of 2019

I've already attempted to appeal this and failed in the past, I believe it' as an appropriate response to my issues on the part of the staff.

Finally, I would like to say that I've had a few months now to reflect on this ban and I feel that I have reached a point where I feel a return to the server would be a positive thing. I took the advice of many and chose to play on other Heavy-RP servers and servers like CM13 and Bad Deathclaw. I found these other servers to be enjoyable to a degree but I couldn't form the same kinds of bonds with individual players that kept bringing me back to Vore-station. They had interesting players and I played them regularly for a while, but eventually my interest faded and I was drawn back to this server. I would like to ask to be allowed a final chance to enjoy vore station with my friends and people that may have interacted with me in the past. I'm extremely willing to modify my character's personalities in order to be allowed to remain playing this server.
I will understand in returning, if Jolly never sets foot on Virgo 3b, but I do wish to redeem my actions and rejoin this community, as I have made a few friends amoung those I have mistakenly brought to dislike me. I would like to try and repair those damages, and prove to the staff and community, that I have grown in my time away. I have read about, and discussed being a interactive RPer, without being a rulebook. and If given the chance, i will not disappoint the staff as I have before.

Thank you!
Worksbythesea

PreviousNext

Return to Denied