[mrsignmeup] worksbythesea - toxic behavior

Moderator: Game Admins

[mrsignmeup] worksbythesea - toxic behavior

Postby Worksbythesea » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Byond account and character name: WorksByTheSea - Jolly Rackham
Discord ID (if applicable): Holdem#1398
Banning admin: mrsignmeup (Resh)
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permabanned from Discord and Server
Ban reason given: Due to recent behavior + evidence given to us the community staff believes you are a negative influence on the community.
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 14:54:04
Your side of the story: I made a Pirate-themed character named Jolly Rackham, Jolly Rackham was a fairly easy person to understand, though he did have an obsession with command. He was being played as a former military turned pirate captain turned pathfinder. My real life experience in the military and with persons in charge is what led my character to be so upset when people didn't follow commands as given. I chose not to let people's personal feelings towards the character change at all how he was played, and this was met with more hostility from characters who would take bets on his life or tell him to die. He was also seen as a bully to cyborgs, when in fact he didn't have an issue with synthetics, he simply thought that corporate policy should be adhered to entirely when dealing with them, seeing as many cyborgs chose to display hostile behavior towards Jolly this obviously led to many conflicts. I was never counselled regarding my actions as Jolly Rackham, only bullied by other players or called stupid by admins. I've played several other characters on the server and none of them were ever considered negative or were threatened with bans. Jolly never killed anyone or went out of his way to cause unnecessary violence to other characters. All I did to deserve a ban as Jolly was be rude to people when they were constantly rude to me, or call people stupid for not following instructions as given, my other characters were favorites of many and Jolly is no exception to this as many players on the station loved him as well. Additionally, I was never warned or told I was going to be punished, I simply logged in and found myself banned from both the discord and the server.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I never received direct counselling regarding the issues, I was banned without warning, and I have been a player on the server for about a year and never had any other issues besides with this one character.
Jolly Rackham: Pirate, Pathfinder, Pugilist, Colony Director
Corsair: Computer Virus, Shipboard Artificial Intelligence, Friend to all/Friend to none
Gregor Mac A'Rhobust: Chief Engineer, Electrician, Bartender
Worksbythesea

Re: [mrsignmeup] worksbythesea - toxic behavior

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:41 pm

I'm happy to open this up for community debate but atm in time, I do not support this appeal for the following reasons;

1. Your previous attitude has shown a lot of 'no fun', IE; attempting to prevent people from doing xenobiology as the Research Director. Being a detriment to a player-ran wedding on Virgo 4 and causing a ruckus there, such as stating edgy crap like; "Happy Wishes to the soon to be divorced couple." or naming the shuttle "42% of people divorce" based on a suggestion by another player. It's a big 'bruh' moment when players do shit like that. Just spit in the face of a group of players who are just trying to have fun and be like; "Oh, cause of this procedure/regulation, I can be a complete ass to someone and not get in trouble for it cause I'm legally allowed to do it."

2. I'm well aware that you have a severe distaste towards vore as a fetish. Which is another 'bruh' moment of... You're on a server, literally dedicated to that fetish and you think its weird and disgusting. So, it's a concern to us a staff team that you could be a detriment to that aspect of the community. Worse case scenario is you intervening in scenes cause how dare they enjoy a fetish that the server is literally dedicated to and is even titled after. The main reason I acted is because newcomers were concerned that they wouldn't even be able to participate in the fetish because of what you think. I can't change what you like and dislike but if a new player can't even enjoy a fetish that they want to do but fears about getting judged by a singular person? There's an issue there. So, that is why there was no 'mediation' because I cannot make you magically enjoy vore. I cannot convince you to like it and I'm concerned with how much you can tolerate it. Cause like I said, worse case scenario is that you kick up such a shit storm because someone decided to eat another on an expedition or something, resulting in said person becoming self-conscious about their kinks and leaving the server to avoid a further shit-fest.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Worksbythesea » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:43 am

Mr_Signmeup wrote:
2. I'm well aware that you have a severe distaste towards vore as a fetish. Which is another 'bruh' moment of... You're on a server, literally dedicated to that fetish and you think its weird and disgusting. So, it's a concern to us a staff team that you could be a detriment to that aspect of the community. Worse case scenario is you intervening in scenes cause how dare they enjoy a fetish that the server is literally dedicated to and is even titled after. The main reason I acted is because newcomers were concerned that they wouldn't even be able to participate in the fetish because of what you think. I can't change what you like and dislike but if a new player can't even enjoy a fetish that they want to do but fears about getting judged by a singular person? There's an issue there. So, that is why there was no 'mediation' because I cannot make you magically enjoy vore. I cannot convince you to like it and I'm concerned with how much you can tolerate it. Cause like I said, worse case scenario is that you kick up such a shit storm because someone decided to eat another on an expedition or something, resulting in said person becoming self-conscious about their kinks and leaving the server to avoid a further shit-fest.

I don't necessarily understand when I've directly stopped a vore scene or something of the like? I don't like vore which is true,but I've always respected people's IC/OOC preferences on it. The only times I've made a fuss about it is when my preferences were broken and I was vored without consent and that bothered me.
Corsair: Computer Virus, Shipboard Artificial Intelligence, Friend to all/Friend to none
Worksbythesea

Postby Blakeryan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:00 am

I'd like to put my community vote to +Support, and say that of the observed behaviors of the player, which, as a normally constant HoS, and the literally foil to his character at times, with my own, He did nothing over the top or drastic. Nor did he make it his goal, in my eyes, to stop people from Vore or Sex, or RP. He was stopping Xenobio, at a time where literally everyone was trying to stop it, During the "reign" of the Xeno Traitor Kira Evangaline, I remember that shift. He tried to stop it because she was getting ready to do her "Free my slimes" shit again to "Create Scenes" Remember?

As for saying he is no fun. There are admittingly far shittier Shitters aboard the station now, that are making life hell for those of us that like the color red, or dark blue. Bring Back Jolly. The Station needs its questionable ethic having pathfinder back.
The Santos #3777
Iolanthe; CMO, Doctor, Dominant Pred.
ADAM; HoS, Android, BDSM Switch, Vore Switch.
Nolan Conaway; Emergency Physician, Switch, Prey leaning.
Magdylen Wintre; Colony Director/HoS, Pred.
and more.
Blakeryan

Postby Mewchild » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:00 am

Resh is big dumb, and forgot to post it here. This is open for community input: Image
Mewchild

Postby AIrouge » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:21 pm

Jolly has been riding the line between being banned and not for a bit, now, and I can moderately understand the reasoning behind his ban. However, I believe that Jolly Rackham's shenanigans were on more of a character level, instead of OOC toxicity, at least in my part. He usually plays a pathfinder, and I've seen him try his best to keep any and all exploration crew in the action, whilst simultaneously providing them with some unique RP with his pirate-ish personality that I very much enjoyed. The "edgy crap" that he's said, in my opinion, is very in character of him. He plays a moderately edgy character, yes; but I've never quite seen his edgy climb up to the level of "disturbingly/insultingly edgy".

I've no idea about Jolly's involment in Resh's second point, thus I'm not going to comment.

All in all, he's a man that I believe has noticed the severity of what he's done after the current duration of his ban, and he's a character that I've noticed to be enjoyed by a considerable amount of the server's population. Just gotta be careful about how you behave, chief.

Full support.
AIrouge

Postby Haery70 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:38 pm

Personally, I know the player's character by name, but not enough of the player, the character, or their actions that would warrant his ban. Perhaps we could get more insight on what the player has done that led to the ban and whether or not it's a quality control ban.
Haery70

Postby Worksbythesea » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:39 pm

Haery70 wrote:Personally, I know the player's character by name, but not enough of the player, the character, or their actions that would warrant his ban. Perhaps we could get more insight on what the player has done that led to the ban and whether or not it's a quality control ban.

Hello, I'm not sure if my response is quite what you were asking for, but I'd be happy to let you in on the circumstances surrounding my ban.
I play a pirate-styled chaotic-neutral kind of character, he does what he wants, but upholds the rules when it can benefit him. I've been arrested plenty of times, but never have I caused any intentional player harm or damage to the station. My biggest offense was one where there was a malf borg and CentCom told me to "nuke its shell" so I beat it down with uranium baseball bat when the roboticists refused to dismantle it. I've also been accused of intentionally stopping or breaking scenes which there is no reason for me to be accused of, seeing as the only time I have ever asked someone to break a scene is when their presence was required to fulfill their role.

But my reply is full of emotion over a ban I feel was unjustified and a lack of information being passed to me.
Worksbythesea

Postby Wickedtemp » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:06 pm

One of the reasons would be the playermade wedding event. Command, that round, were acting as if they were OOCly trying to ruin it in as many "BUT SOP SAYS.." ways as possible.

They treated it like an expedition and put Jolly in charge. Jolly forced everybody back to the station. The HoS made all of the attendants line up to be searched. They literally made the sec-tape lineup around the teleporter. Internal Affairs tried to convince Command, Security and Medical to ignore any and all calls for help from wedding attendants, even OOCly intentionally having their character 'misinterpret' CC's faxes that literally said the exact opposite. Looking for reasons to ruin someone elses fun is indicative of overall shit OOC behavior.

This was one of the incidents I was more involved in, but there were several others that I heard about but don't know the details of, I'm sure if the people involved could chime in, like the borg incident mentioned, we'd all be more informed as to whether or not to support the appeal. We have your side of things, which is essentially "I really havent done much and I dont think it warrants a ban", but obviously the shit you did made some Staff members think otherwise. So if we could get specific details, that'd be great. I'm leaning more toward not supporting, but I can't really have a solid stance unless people comment with actual details.

With that said, if he genuinely, actually received zero indication from Server Staff that he was walking the line as far as the rules go, then thats a baffling fuckup on Staff's end that's nearly too baffling to believe.
Wickedtemp

Postby Wickedtemp » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Oh, almost forgot. After the ban, a few idiots joined the server and trolled a bit and asking about Jolly. That, by itself, makes me want to just dismiss this entire appeal. I know that even if you didn't ask them to troll the discord and they simply did that on their own, the company you keep speaks of your character as a person.
Wickedtemp

Next

Return to Denied