[Luminescentring] Te.anme - Server ban.

Moderator: Game Admins

[Luminescentring] Te.anme - Server ban.

Postby Te.name » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:41 pm

Byond account and character name: Byond: Te.name Character: Pliable(Then a bunch of numbers I forgot, new character)
Discord ID (if applicable): (PM me for it I don't want random people messaging me)
Banning admin: Luminescentring
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server Ban
Ban reason given: Image
Ban length: A day
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 3:20PM Pst
Your side of the story: So, originally I had no intention of appealing because of how unreasonable I thought the ban was and this was my first experience in an actual match, so I do not have the logs, this means names will be missing.

I was a medical borg sitting in medbay when a security officer walks up and makes some excuse to eat a doctor because of an event. I protested as a borg because he used the word "eat" which by dictionary definition would mean them dying and law 3 and stuff. They attempt to trick me out of the room but didn't proceed with the scene fast enough after I exited, so I returned and made another attempt to stop it (Because of law 3), the officer said he would not harm the doctor so I just shrugged it off and continued to watch the crew monitor. A minute or so later the doctor's sensors start sending heavy burn damage and I moved to the indicated location, security locker rooms. I try to ask the officer to spit them out and they complain in LOOC, despite the locker rooms not really being a private area in my opinion. This is where Luminescentring comes in in looc, not an A-help He tells me he is an admin and to stop, I start to move off, staying just so I am in looc range and respond saying the rules say I am allowed to interrupt public scenes and that this started in public and I am following my borg laws, I get banned instantly.
Why you think you should be unbanned:

The admin failed to use proper channels (An A-Help) and instead used LOOC, as I am a new player to this server I do not yet know the names of staff on this server and this person could have been anyone despite saying they are an admin.

Saying don't quote rules seems illogical as that is what admins are supposed to enforce, and I simply wanted to know what exactly I did wrong and if I was misinterpreting something.

While not completely clear I was backing off already and my comment was again mainly for me to learn.

I was following my borg laws to the best of my ability at the time, wich would be in violation of the rules if I didnt.

There was no real warning or indication I was about to be banned. (Again this is the first time I was in an actual round on this server, so no reports or history.)
Te.name

Re: [Luminescentring] Te.anme - Server ban.

Postby Scree » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:36 pm

So you showed up, when the OOC event info said that it was a predcurity event, on the vore server, when everyone involved - pred and prey - were OOCly telling you to butt out, and even after they left the area and took their scene somewhere private, you hung around checking on them using suit sensors then tracked them down to scream at them?

I'm gonna note a section of the rules regarding disrupting private scenes:
Intentionally going out of your way to disrupt scenes is considered breaking this rule regardless of where they occur.

Incidentally, regarding this part?
Te.name wrote:despite the locker rooms not really being a private area in my opinion.

Your opinion has been noted and discarded. The guide to area by area response clearly classifies the locker room as a "secluded space", as in: "An area not designed with continual habitation in mind, often not well lit, may or may not have access requirements, and sometimes with ‘privacy features’ like tint-windows. E.g.: Maintenance corridors, secret rooms, offices with tinted windows, areas with no visibility from public spaces"

Having looked over the logs, I'm gonna just note one thing - when you're going out of your way to stop people doing vore on the vore server despite everyone involved asking you to leave them the hell alone, it's not a good look to argue with them using the technical letter of the law about your entitlement to ruin their fun.

tl;dr, "the rules say I'm allowed to do this thing that clearly pisses other players off" is not a good argument to make when you're trying to make friends. This is a game, something that exists for us to have fun, and going out of your way to cockblock that fun and lawywering about it isn't going to help. As per the final rule, admins are given discretion to act if players are doing something that "technically" abides by the exact lettering of a rule but is disrupting the game for others - you were asked to stop by the players and refused, you were asked to stop by an admin and argued, so you were made to stop.

Perhaps an adminPM would have been a better means of communicating than LOOC, but honestly if it had been me on the server my PM to you would have been a lot harsher than their LOOC message considering that you were disrupting a scene in the locker room (again, not a public area) that you had gone out of your way to find and arguing with the players within about leaving them alone.
Scree

Postby somekindofpony » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:50 am

I won't be removing this day ban, it's a literal slap on the wrist. I'm sorry for not using adminpm, but that still doesn't excuse trying to break up a scene during an event when the people were asking you to stop.
somekindofpony

Postby Te.name » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:34 am

Scree wrote:So you showed up, when the OOC event info said that it was a predcurity event, on the vore server, when everyone involved - pred and prey - were OOCly telling you to butt out, and even after they left the area and took their scene somewhere private, you hung around checking on them using suit sensors then tracked them down to scream at them?

I'm gonna note a section of the rules regarding disrupting private scenes:
Intentionally going out of your way to disrupt scenes is considered breaking this rule regardless of where they occur.

Incidentally, regarding this part?
Te.name wrote:despite the locker rooms not really being a private area in my opinion.

Your opinion has been noted and discarded. The guide to area by area response clearly classifies the locker room as a "secluded space", as in: "An area not designed with continual habitation in mind, often not well lit, may or may not have access requirements, and sometimes with ‘privacy features’ like tint-windows. E.g.: Maintenance corridors, secret rooms, offices with tinted windows, areas with no visibility from public spaces"

Having looked over the logs, I'm gonna just note one thing - when you're going out of your way to stop people doing vore on the vore server despite everyone involved asking you to leave them the hell alone, it's not a good look to argue with them using the technical letter of the law about your entitlement to ruin their fun.

tl;dr, "the rules say I'm allowed to do this thing that clearly pisses other players off" is not a good argument to make when you're trying to make friends. This is a game, something that exists for us to have fun, and going out of your way to cockblock that fun and lawywering about it isn't going to help. As per the final rule, admins are given discretion to act if players are doing something that "technically" abides by the exact lettering of a rule but is disrupting the game for others - you were asked to stop by the players and refused, you were asked to stop by an admin and argued, so you were made to stop.

Perhaps an adminPM would have been a better means of communicating than LOOC, but honestly if it had been me on the server my PM to you would have been a lot harsher than their LOOC message considering that you were disrupting a scene in the locker room (again, not a public area) that you had gone out of your way to find and arguing with the players within about leaving them alone.

I never refused to stop after the admin confronted me, as I said I was in the process of leaving and took a step away before asking if this was done in a proper way IE: An A-help which doesn't require me to be in the area to respond this would have never happen. And how did I go out of my way, they were in my workplace where they initiated the entire sequence, multiple other scenes happened that I ignored as I did not directly see it initiated. The section you linked says that I must offer to 'remain unaware' but as the scene started in public I saw the crime and exactly what they were doing as it was even clearly stated what they were doing in words.
Te.name

Postby Scree » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:47 pm

You're still lawyering technicalities over being a dick, being asked to stop being a dick, and arguing about how you were allowed to be a dick so shouldn't be banned for being a dick.

The banning admin isn't lifting it, I see no reason to overrule them, and it was only a dayban so it's due to expire any moment now anyway but I strongly suggest you revise your attitude or you'll be back in here sooner than you'd like. Appeal denied.
Scree

Return to Denied